1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015 NFL Season] Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by moestavern19, May 28, 2015.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

For a 10 team league, I don't see any value in your RB strategy. Randle is a gamble pick and Stewart is fantasy quicksand. Never pick Jonathan Stewart no matter what. Jonas Gray is just a shot in the dark when you could have picked up a sleeper like David Cobb or undervalued RB like Chris Ivory or Doug Martin.

Your receivers are no doubt strong, but a very veteran group with limited upside outside of Hopkins. Cruz is coming off an injury that usually takes 2 years to come back fully from. Fitzgerald has borderline WR3 value with Palmer, but if Palmer gets hurt again he's worthless. Brown has already reached his ceiling.

If Randle pans out, I think you're good, but you didn't purchase any good insurance policies for him.

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Forgot to list that I had Denard Robinson as well. HB is really a concern and I agree. The run on RBs early was significant.

Hoping that someone emerges next to CJ. My bet is on Robinson. I had him last year and he had some nice games. I don't see Yeldon lasting all year and/or winning the job outright. Who knows though.

I totally agree on Johnathan Stewart. But he was pretty far down when I got him, almost had to do so.

Jonas Gray.... Hoping he may be a viable week 1 option if needed. Blount is suspended one game and if Brady is also out then they should be running a bit. Randle is a little banged up in Dallas.

What do yall think of Owen Daniels... I took him in the 9th round after picking up Olsen in the 5th or 6th. People at the draft thought that was stupid but I see a lot of room for Daniels to be a top 5 or so fantasy TE. Manning should get him the ball and that is a favorable system IMO.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I just completed a 10 team yahoo pro league draft last night. This was an expert level draft as many guys I was targeting were disappearing quickly. Had 3rd pick.

QB Brees, Bradford
    HB: L Bell, A Morris, T Gurley, TJ Yeldon, T Mason
    WR: J Nelson, D Hopkins, A Robinson, E Decker, L Fitzgerald
    TE: J Cameron
    D: AZ
    K: Haushka

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well **** me, Jordy Nelson torn ACL :mad:

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

dannngg not even 24 hours later. that sucks man sorry

6. Remii

Remii Member

I would be concerned about CJ Anderson too... Not sure he's the best RB on that team for Gary's scheme.

7. Remii

Remii Member

Eddie Lacy's valued goes up. I have the 4th pick in my draft this upcoming weekend... Would love it if Lacy fell to me.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You're feeling pretty good about Cameron? Or just kind of numb to the glut of that tier of TE?

9. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

So i thought I was doing a mock draft on yahoo but it was one of their new instant draft leagues. Anybody want to take over my team? I would add you as my co-manager but then stay out of the league all together. It would almost be like I'm the owner and you are the GM haha. I don't want to manage the team nor leave the public league with an owner that doesn't check his team.

i have cam newton, leveon bell, lesean mccoy, jimmy graham, randall cobb, alfred blue and others

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I really don't give a single **** about TEs this year. I'm not wasting a 5th or 6th on Kelce/Olsen/Bennett when other guys with similar ceilings are around much later. I expect Cameron to put in some work for about 2-3 weeks and then blow out his knee.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Do any of you use the Rotowire mock draft app? I downloaded it today and got all the keepers entered (mostly guesses since we don't announce until draft day) and set the scoring/rosters up like our league, yet the mock drafts are just awful.

I ended up with the 4th pick in my 14-team draft, so I'm happy keeping Luck with a 2nd rounder.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not sure if you can enter keepers but https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com has good and frequent mocks in general. Also, **** Katy.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, that's what I normally use. I haven't done any mocks this year yet, so not sure if you can enter keepers there. I can't remember any time where one of our drafts went anywhere close like the mocks I did, so I'm probably happy I haven't wasted my time.

14. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

10 team, 2 QB league, one keeper. What do you all think.

QBs, Cam, Eli, Hoyer
    RBs, Lacy, CJ Andersen, Ivory, Abdullah, Fred Jackson
    WRs, Mike Evans, Jordan Mathews, A. Cooper, Allen Robinson
    TE, Kelce
    DST, Seattle
    K, Bullock

15. what

what Member

I hate keeping the "hot" name and then somebody like Alfrid Morris out-performs both.

Anybody banking on Beckham to be anywhere close to the #1 wr in fantasy this year is probably going to be sorry.

In my opinion, you keep the running back because you need as many quality backs as you can get.

16. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

12 man ppr league

QB
    Matt Stafford

RB
    Lamar Miller
    Jonathan Stewart
    Todd Gurley
    Arian Foster
    Danny Woodhead

WR
    Julio Jones
    Andre Johnson
    John Brown
    Kendall Wright
    Brian Quick

TE
    Rob Gronkowski
    Tyler Eifert

Defense
    Carolina

K
    Connor Barth

Any advice appreciated!

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I did the Fantasy Pros one and they do not like me keeping Luck.

18. LardLad

LardLad Member

I need to know if I should draft a BACK UP QB/TE/DST/K for my later picks...OR just focus ON best players. Soon enough my best players will have a bye week. I am not worried about the RB or WR positions but should I focus on back ups in my draft for the aforementioned positions?

19. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

That is the worst team I have ever seen

20. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Same situation here. Although I'm in a snake draft so I would have preferred the 12th pick. I think there is more value there with the back to back picks.