1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015 NFL Season] Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by moestavern19, May 28, 2015.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Now that Rockets season is over, it is time for most of us to turn our attention over to football and try to survive the grueling summer of nothing but stickball highlights on ESPN by talking about our fake football teams.

Here is my keeper conundrum right now: Odell Beckham or DeMarco Murray. I can only choose one. :(

2. Remii

Remii Member

My fake fantasy team is way more important to me than the on the field team(s) I route for...

Anyway, I would go with OBJ... If Murray stays healthy he will see 8-9 in the box all day and I wouldn't trust his injury history.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I feel like both of them aren't going to be able to replicate the per-game production of last season, but I just need to figure out which one is going to be the lesser of the two evils.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Beckham. I think he still plays for Real Madrid. :eek:

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Odella my fella. Partly because of Othella, but mostly because he's more likely to come close to last year as the league continues to move towards more of a passing league every year (or so it feels anyway). OBJ is the right combo of size/strength/speed to succeed in the current league...I don't see it changing. Eli clearly loves throwing to him.

Plus he has multiple year keeper value. And Demarco was overworked last year (don't think it'll bite him this year...but it's possible). And Ryan Mathews / Sproles.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Look at the top projected fantasy RB's every year for the past 5 years then compare them to how they ranked at season's end. Might as well wear a blindfold when you pick RB's. WR's always produce.

For you though I hope Murray is injured like he always is and OBJ pulls a Mike Williams sophomore year.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Don't hate just because I won the Smeg title by "reaching" for Watt and picking up WR1 off the waiver wire. :p

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Beckham's featured on NFL UP! :

http://up.nfl.com/ :eek: Don't know if that helps you, Mr. 'Tavern19.

9. Remii

Remii Member

Taking that under consideration this shouldn't even be in question...

What does the rest of your team look like Moestavern...?

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It looks like last year's **** right now. We only do 1 keeper in this league, so its either Murray or Beckham. Emmanuel Sanders was a PPR god last season but I'm not going to bet the farm on him doing that again. Lamar Miller meh. He's decent but not top 10 worthy. Latavius Murray is my only other option, but I'm a Raiders fan and I know better.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Beckham; WR's last longer than RB's, the curse of 370, and it was probably an anomaly that Murray stayed healthy for so long

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Agree with this. Beckham is certain to see more double teams but he's going to be a top 5 WR this season. I'm not sure of the status of Philly's OL but the odds are it isn't as good as dallas' was last year. Plus, Sam Bradford or Mark Sanchez...doesn't really matter which one...is less of a threat than Romo.

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

If keeper is round drafted minus 1 then OBJ is the definite choice. But I feel like people are dismissing Demarco in here. I think Demarco is gonna be like Arian Foster 2014, at least with how he was perceived in ffb. You're scared to have him, but you can't let him slip past the 2nd-early third because he's still a stud. He showed flashes of it before Linehan and the OL so you can't really say it's flukey. What's flukey was how much Garret loved to pass before last season. Even with a crowded backfield you can't discount the effect Chip's system could have with a guy he picked.

*assuming he did pick him and Philly didn't just scoop him up to dick the Cowboys.

14. Remii

Remii Member

Lol... At least Carr isn't his big brother. There's some hope there with that kid.

You may be better off going back in the pond for RB's IMO... Depending on how your draft works, you may have a shot at drafting Murray (just saw a mock that had him go in the 2nd round). Seen some sites that had him listed outside the top 10 in RB rankings. Or maybe you should concentrate on grabbing another receiver if you don't have a irresistible RB there to grab to run with OBJ.

It seems like every year half (or almost half) of the RB's that finish in the top 10 were players who weren't drafted in the 1st couple of rounds.

I like Sanders this year with Thomas gone.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I've seen reports saying the Sanders himself expects to catch only around 70 balls this year in the Kubiak offense. Add in losing 3 offensive lineman, and a possibly deteriorating QB, I'm just not sold on the Denver offense this year outside of CJ Anderson and Demaryius Thomas.

This year's RB class is as dreadful as I've ever seen. You have a couple of guys who were studs last year switching teams (McCoy, Murray), you've got muddled messes of RB stables everywhere (Detroit, Arizona, New York, Cleveland, Tampa, Atlanta, Carolina, Dallas, Oakland, Tennessee, San Francisco, St Louis, etc). I see maybe 5 RBs in this whole draft I'm comfortable will get the job done, and all 5 of them will be gone right away. It used to be RB2 that was becoming a shot in the dark, but this year even RB1 is as shaky as ever. I try to stack 4 RBs by Round 7, but this year I'm scared to death I'm going to end up with 4 duds.

#15 moestavern19, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

QB's and TE's all suck too. Good luck everyone. Y'all gonna be drafting Kelce in the 4th and praying for Roethlisberger. Lulz.

17. Remii

Remii Member

I didn't say that to mean draft Sanders in the 1st two or three rounds.
    But a deteriorating Manning is STILL better than Schaub in his prime... And did Sanders have a smile on his face when he said he would only catch 70 balls...? I've seen reports that he will play in the slot more.

Has CJ ran in a Kubiak system before...?

Teams aren't going to stop running the ball... Just have to pick the right guys.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well no ****. But more teams are going to divide the carries which creates a larger stable of marginal fantasy talent at the position. It is a muddled mess.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Like I said earlier, that just isn't possible anymore. Compare any preseason rankings to end-of-season stats over the past several years and you'll find that RB is just a crapshoot outside of a very small handful of players/schemes.

20. Remii

Remii Member

Yea, instead of having 16-20 1000 yard rushers in a season it's dropped to 13-16... But that doesn't put you at a disadvantage because everyone is in the same boat. And IMO, a few solid #2 RB's will emerge from those teams you listed above.

Well, stop putting your faith in preseason rankings. Just look at the top 20 fantasy RB's (standard scoring) last season and you will see that around 11 of those guys were drafted in the 3rd to 4th round and beyond. A few of them probably weren't drafted in many leagues. Murray, Bell, and Lynch were the top 3 backs and some (maybe many) preseason rankings had them listed outside of the top 8-10 RB's.

It's been this way for several years now... It's nothing new.