1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014 Summer] Clutchfans, How Confident Are You?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Jun 20, 2014.

?

Where does Morey lead us (this summer)?

1. Elite tier (LeBron or Melo

79 vote(s)
    62.2%
  2. Premier tier (Love, Bosh or Rondo)

16 vote(s)
    12.6%
  3. Above Average tier (Millsap, Josh Smith, etc.)

17 vote(s)
    13.4%
  4. Stand Pat (Roll with Asik + Lin while adding something small)

15 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This year has been really special in terms of FO speculation; I don't know if I've ever seen us in so many rumors!

After the Dwight signing, we started off thinking about flipping Asik for Josh Smith or Ryan Anderson. Once we held pat, rumors started leaking about Aldridge and Love. Portland got off to a torrid start, so only the Love rumors remained.

Once we had an early "deadline" for an Asik trade, speculation was at an all-time high involving Millsap, Ilyasova and Ryan Anderson, among others. Of course, this was much ado about nothing.

With the (actual) trade deadline approaching, we started hearing Rondo's name along with several of his teammates. You don't need me to remind you what actually ended up happening.

Even after February, there were talks of possibly bringing over an international prospect. Names like Kostas Papanikolaou, Sergio Llull and Zoran Dragic were thrown around with Malcolm Delaney coming closest to actually making the leap.

Fast-forward to the offseason and we found ourselves still dreaming about Love...until we make Parsons an RFA and Melo decides we are a viable destination. With visions of a legit big-three, we are suddenly inundated with talks of LeBron James.

*Well that escalated quickly*

The bottom-line is that Morey is incredibly aggressive, confident, and determined to "finish the hat." Clutchfans, do you share this sentiment?

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm pretty confident assuming Lebron, Melo, or Bosh (Oh God No) picks Houston. Lol.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Melo and Lebron are not on the same tier...

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ I know, but I didn't want this to descend into a player debate.

5. PullUpJ

PullUpJ Member

Pretty confident we get Lebron or Melo

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

Same as how I felt last year with Dwight. Objectively I feel like we have the best offer. But unfortunately, Houston is not NY/LA/Chicago and our playoff performance left a lot to be desired.

7. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I think it's LeBron/Melo or bust (and wait for next year's FAs).

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Well since the Rockets seem confident... I'm confident.... it's someone who is a max player.

9. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

Jeremy Lin or bust... Melo is soft, rather get Love or Gasol.

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

We're likely not getting Lebron. My biggest fear is that we miff on Melo while chasing Lebron and that he goes to Chicago, and we end up with nothing.

I think Morey at least gets us an above average deal by the deadline. Maybe not over the summer if EVERYTHING goes wrong. But there's a problem if Asik and Lin are still here come February next season.

11. secund2nun

secund2nun Member

There wouldn't be any debate if you listed Lebron as a whole class (or few actually) better than Melo lol. Everyone knows its true.

12. rabblerabble

rabblerabble Member

I think if the superteam route falls through they'll stand pat, only moving Asik at the deadline for a power forward they love otherwise seeing him as a S&T piece for his next contract. If they get that far with Lin still on the roster could just imagine the uproar here if they upgrade at PF and run back Bev/Lin as the pg rotation for $10 million combined for 3 more years.

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Believe it or not, I think securing Hollins is a critical move in the courting process. Tom Thibadeau is the main draw of Chicago..we need a coach to counter theirs, even if Lionel would just be an assistant.

14. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

VERY confident. We will get another big.

With that said, I also think the only real option is Lin, Asik, etc to the Knicks for Melo and friends.

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Hoping for LBJ, but does not seems likely.

Sign and trade for Melo with Parsons + Asik
    Sign and trade for Lowry with Lin.
    Roll the dice with Jones again.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Plus 1.

17. Jacinto

Jacinto Member

Last offseason was enough for me.. Whatever happens will be for the best.

18. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Melo is soft, so get LOVE or GASOL? As in, Pau "softest player in the league" Gasol?