1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Beavis Stiffler

2. Beavis Stiffler

Here are some other Dynamo related news:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/01/01/houston-dynamo-manager-dominic-kinnear-seeking-unearth-more-mls-gems-first-e

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/01/10/houston-dynamo-front-office-focused-getting-kit-sponsorship-deal-done-2014-s

3. Beavis Stiffler

I'm not surprised that the Dynamo are not making "big moves" or any transfers during the offseason so far but other teams in the MLS especially in the Eastern Conference with Toronto signing star players (Bradley and Defoe) from the European leagues could be a challenge for the Dynamo to contend for the MLS title.

Right now, I see Seattle, Toronto, Portland, and Kansas City as top contenders for the MLS Cup. Also, this is a make-or-break year for New York. Thierry Henry is getting older and he's not the same player from his Arsenal/Barcelona years.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I think Dr. Ludicrous and I were discussing this on the prior Dynamo thread and I'm guessing by now he probably knows if he's been on BS or SBI but
    Ibeagha declined the Dynamo's HG offer and is training/trialing with Fulham. No doubt he signs with a European team instead.
    He would have been a fantastic non-draft addition but he had no incentive to take a crap HG offer especially when he could make more money elsewhere.

6. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Yeah, that's unfortunate. With Boswell gone we have a huge hole in our backline. Brunner isn't the answer and I doubt Horst is either.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trypek is a lot better than what the mock drafts said, I watched him for 2 years on the Austin Aztex, he is a very good up and coming player, smart, quick, and sees the field extremely well.

I hope he lands in Houston, he would be good there.

DD

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Man I have a hard time watching MLS because soccer talent can't make more money and better players. I can't watch Luis Suarez and Eden Hazard on an MLS team and I've been spoiled by how good European soccer is. But the MLS needs soccer expose from other countries and I think interest in tbe Premier league in the US overall is good for MLS in the long run and hopefully the men's national team.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think it's pretty obvious that creavalle will be playing there full time next season, which I'm fine with. He's too good too keep on the bench anymore and playing him alongside Rico doesn't make enough offensive sense. I think he could be a poor mans Geoff Cameron in the CB role

10. ferrari77

Fixed your post.

11. ferrari77

It's as if Canetti and Dom decided "Hey, why don't we reunite the CB's from Portland's inaugural MLS season". Both players are MLS quality backups and neither deserve to be starting.
    Maybe Dom goes for a CB in the 1st round (and saves Creavalle to be used as a Utility player wherever and whenever necessary).

Kevin Cope from MSU and Kyle Venter from New Mexico are two players that should be available in the latter part of the 1st rd when the Dynamo get to pick.

12. ferrari77

Pretty good for HBU that just a few years after launching their program they already have a player that will most likely get drafted. HBU's only competition for D1 soccer talent in the state is SMU so I would imagine HBU will keep on recruiting better talent and becoming a better team over the next few years.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm going to be at the NSCAA convention next week and am hoping to get in to watch the draft. I'll report back with anything cool if I see it.

14. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

FC Dallas drafted a guy from Colorado School of Mines. I had to look it up because I thought it was a joke. It is a real school.

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Van de Casteele is still on the board with Houston's slot. I could see them taking him.

17. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Or they could take AJ Cochran

Bio

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

CSM is one of the best engineering colleges in the world. The kid must be pretty bright to come out of there.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Based on that bio, he seems like the perfect fit for Kinnear's system. Not an overall plus athlete, but very cerebral, and fantastic in the air.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!