1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

So they were never close to getting Lebron. I’m starting to think it was a combo of Lebron wanting LA and Harden not really wanting Lebron.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We need someone in the media to twist that statement into, "Chris Paul says Lebron doesn't matter."

JVL713, eyhab27, lionaire and 2 others like this.
  3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Morey isn't a Trumppet.

4. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

If that is hardens mentality, then good. Shows his confidence in himself and deters the narrative that he’s afraid of the big moments. He’d rather battle him than join him. The anti-Durant if you will.

DM'sVP and Dacamel like this.
  5. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

No, I know Morey's account. IM SERIOUS

Ever since Morey's real account called out Cyber and Cod, they havent posted anything

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

@cyberx can you give us insight as to some names to watch for an Anderson swap?

Here's some ideas I think are probably realistic in swaps. In the case of Porter we'd have to send picks too, I'd imagine the same with Bazemore.

Otto Porter
    Kelly Oubre + Ian Mahinmi
    Tyler Johnson + Justise Winslow
    Waiters + Winslow
    Kostas Koufos + Iman Shumpert
    MKG + Marvin Williams
    Nic Batum + Picks .
    Bazemore

7. Know Your Role

I thought Doc Rocket existed before DM was with the Rockets? That said, I believe Doc Rocket is a woman based on their writing style and word choice. Which leads me to believe they are married/related to a long time Rockets employee. Just an opinion, I could be wrong but I thought Doc called the Yao draft pick or something of that nature back in those days.

hakeem94 and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

It was LeBron wanting LA all along. Here's what the Lakers offered that no other team could match in total:

* proximity to Hollywood
    * celebrity lifestyle
    * storied franchise in a down phase, waiting for a savior
    * all-time great in the front office
    * young coach who will bend to your will

"Opportunity to win more titles" is the obvious one that's missing, but I think LeBron is confident enough that he can win at least one more before he retires, bringing the Lakers back to prominence and solidifying his legacy.

DM'sVP, Deuce and Bobsputin like this.
  9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If the Rockets had the option to acquire Lebron in FA, but were forced to trade Harden to do so, you don't think they'd have seriously considered it?

I mean, probably Pops still doesn't want to trade Kawhi in conference, but certainly Harden would have been a better get than Demar.

CP3+Kawhi+Lebron?? Plus Clint, Tucker, EG and the other moves. C'mon.

I'm not saying any of that as feasible, or there wouldn't be some pushback to trading "your guy" ...

I'm more saying that whether or not Harden might have or might have not REALLY wanted Lebron here, it had absolutely zero to do with why Lebron isn't here.

The only reason he isn't here is because he wanted to go to LA, basically from day one.

topfive likes this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Actually, from WAY BEFORE day one. I think LeBron's had his eye on LA as a destination since the day after he won Cleveland a title, allowing him to walk away from his hometown as a hero. He's been steadily building his movie production company and wants to be a major player in H'wood by the time his NBA career is over.

I'm annoyed at myself for even thinking we ever had a chance. There was no way he was going anywhere except LA, and he would never embarrass himself by wearing a Clippers uni.

amaru likes this.
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Right. I say what some perhaps view as outlandish or at least overly negative stuff, but I never thought Lebron was coming here and in fact was more concerned about CP3 leaving to go to LAL as a much more likely scenario than Lebron coming here (and posted as such).

12. alethios

alethios Member

Lol, at the Cleveland DMV, they taped a posted of LeBron in a Lakers uniform to stop people from smiling for their DL photo.

13. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

Doc is a former employee. Left before or right around when Morey was hired but didnt directly work on the basketball side. He's a dude.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's also a bigot so I figure he's probably in his 60's.

KlutchQT, sammy, BMoney and 1 other person like this.
  15. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

hes like late 40s

yes thats true and a lot of people probably think he has created that burner account to hide his identity re his sources. but now his burner account is mostly so he can share his altright political social views

its telling that the social media accounts associated with his real name are much different

16. HP3

HP3 Member

I really dont think Morey would actually post on here, maybe lurk but he would never post.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He's smart enough to see what happened to Colangelo in Philly to know that's a dumb idea.

amaru, htxaf and HP3 like this.
  18. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

I think his family is smart enough too

19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It's a blight on the good name he built around here. I wouldn't want to be associated with him now.

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I really can’t see any of those being realistic besides Batum only because of how poor his contract is with his production and age. The others we’d all be getting the better end of the deal and I don’t see our picks being good enough to even it out. I personally don’t even think Bazemore is realistic, I think Atlanta is down on his contract but not THAT down on him as a player like we are with Ryno (down on his contract and his play). But I do get why some people think Kent is a realistic target, just my personal opinion.

Otto gets paid more but is younger and produces (his percentages are really good) - Washington would hang up immediately

Kelly Oubre package - younger, produces and better contract. Also a no go

Winslow is young, Miami is not giving up on him. Tyler Johnson is overpaid but not as much as Ryno and is a lot younger. Makes no sense. Waiters’ contract isn’t that bad.

Iman only has one year remaining; Koufus can get you something decent on the market. 2 years of Ryno makes no sense

MKG and Marvin. Don’t see Charlotte taking back Ryno to unload these two. It wouldn’t be much of a salary dump with 2 years so what’s the point.

#10260 Zoplicone, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018