1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

2. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Skimmed over it too fast.

Thanks for the correction, guys.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's hard to think it's realistic at this point for Lebron to opt in and get traded here @The Cat

I know you mentioned the deadline, but reality is that the Rockets spent what, 10 days working on the trade with the Clippers for Paul? Lebron is going to give the Rockets and Cavs less than 24 hours? With no heads up? Feels like the Cavs would need more than 24 hours just to recover from being told he's leaving.

The ONLY way I can see it working if is they already have the rest of it lined up and have tentatively talked with the Cavs about this possibility.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Paul Geoge My Journey Part 2:

[Opening] I love LA. This is home. I grew up watching Kobe. When I first fell in love with the game and I'm outside playing in front of the house, I'm not picturing myself in an Indiana jersey, a Thunder jersey. I pictured myself in a Lakers jersey. Everyone in the league would say they'd love to go back home and play for their city. Something about representing home.

[Agent] There's so many scenarios that he & I will be meeting with over the next several weeks where he'll not only look at team options but length of contract. There's a bunch of factors besides just where do I want to play. [George] This is what you play for in your career, this opportunity to pick where you want to play. [Agent goes over contract scenarios] [George] I'm going to get paid what I deserve off what I bring to the table. That's not my concern. The most important thing is winning a championship.

[Agent] Sam Presti stepped to the plate to try to get Paul George to come play with Russell Westbrook. That showed both of us a lot by making a move like that. ... I don't know if OKC would have gotten a free agency meeting if he didn't go there. Now instead of a 2-hour free agency meeting, you get a year long meeting so do what you gotta do to convince him.

[July 15, 2018 - George sits down with D-Wade] (Talks about Wade's wine) [George] How do you always push the envelope? [Wade] Let it be authentic. You gotta put the work in. If it's not something you really enjoy, you're not gonna be successful. [George] So I'm learning. (Wade talks about playing George in the playoffs) [George] I'm in that position now where I'm trying to figure out the direction I want to go. What would you do in this situation? [Wade] I'll tell you mindset in 2010. For me, it wasn't about money. It wasn't about nothing but winning. A lot of people don't believe this, think we already had this set up. LeBron called, said "What are you thinking?" I said "I want to win championships. I'm tired of getting knocked out in the first round. It sucks. Then went from there to saying "Yo, let's do it together." I won a scoring title. Nothing happened. The season was over. I didn't want that. What fulfilled me was raising that gold thing over my head. I knew winning would bring everything I wanted & more. [George] End of the day, that's all I want to do. I want to be a champion. In a way, I want to come here, play for the home team, put a Lakers jersey on. That's always something I want to fulfill but at the same time, it's like what's the best move? I know who I am as a player. I want to help a team win. I feel ??? doing so with Russ. There's other places too from Boston to Clippers... [Wade] You can't regret this decision. Once you make it, whether your the #1 guy, 1st, 2nd, you gotta be OK with it. This is a hell of a ride.

5. Jose Capone

Jose Capone Member

Well, technically your "selling the whole farm" for Kawhi, but it also gives you LeBron and maybe George. 28 teams would sell the whole farm for that.

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I disagree @The Cat . He could opt-in with the guarantee from the Cavs that they'll trade him, then meet teams with Cavs' permission to make his decision. It would be very bad for the Cavs if he opts in and they go back on their word.

7. bratna8

bratna8 Member

That is what happened to Melo last year.

8. justtxyank

[​IMG]

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

"If it's not something you really enjoy, you're not gonna be successful."

Bye bye OKC.

"[Wade] I'll tell you mindset in 2010. For me, it wasn't about money. It wasn't about nothing but winning. A lot of people don't believe this, think we already had this set up. "I want to win championships. I'm tired of getting knocked out in the first round. It sucks."

Bye bye OKC.

" [George] End of the day, that's all I want to do. I want to be a champion. "

Bye bye OKC.

I mean, lol

justtxyank likes this.
  10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Was it? He wasn’t in his option year yet.

11. justtxyank

Hard to see the Cavs making that kind of guarantee with little time to discuss a deal. Let's say he tells them at the last minute he wants to be traded to Houston but a deal isn't already worked out, are the Cavs going to promise that they'll oblige? What if the Rockets can't find a deal to send off Ryno, are the Cavs going to eat the contract?

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

That would require an ENORMOUS amount of faith in Dan Gilbert. Can't see that happening.

DonKnock and justtxyank like this.
  13. xaos

xaos Member

Morey seems to thrive on deals where there is a sense of urgency

Roc Paint likes this.
  14. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Another point to add, even if LeBron does opt-in, either Morey has a trade lined up to dump Ryno, or LeBron is probably staying in Cleveland. I can’t imagine he’d stay in Cleveland. Maybe that’s why all’s quiet on the Rockets front. Can’t leak anything, otherwise LA might try to entice other teams that would take Ryno and offer Deng.

LeBron’s family likely prefers to stay in Cleveland.

He just wants to win rings, and Houston is his best shot to get one not just this year but for the rest of his career. LA is the compromise between family preference and King James preference. But he has to believe he can win a ring in LA. And the only way he thinks he has a shot at a ring in LA is if Kawhi or PG or both go there with him.

Magic Johnson mentioned a 2-summer process. I could see LeBron coming here and bolting next year to join LA with Kawhi.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yeah this ish ain’t happening

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

it would destroy the Cavs as a franchise if they agree and then back out after LeBron opts in. Their fan base would hate them and future players/agents will never trust them again. The media will crucify them as well.

I am just not sure though if it matters for the trade to happen before July 1st. He can opt in and be traded after the moratorium ends, but at that point the Cavs and any other teams will be operating with 2018-2019 salaries which may not be beneficial in some scenarios

Deuce likes this.
  17. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is the deadline in 5 hours? Or 29 hours?

18. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Not an option year, but he was told by the front office that they were going to trade him to Houston.

bulkatron likes this.
  19. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

When's part 3? That's the one I want to watch live.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good to know nothing has changed & LerBon still ain't coming. ;)

joshuaao and justtxyank like this.