1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

19% say Donald Trump has done the best or second best job of any president of their lifetimes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jul 11, 2018.

1. fiersdownbelow

Many leftists including Eric Holder wanted to ERADICATE the electoral college after Trump won...so much for “ensuring the integrity of the voting system” lol...

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]

China is not the problem. They give us cheap things to buy - if it were not for China you'd be ordering your food through some crappy device like a RIM instead of a sleek iPhone. Think about it. And, China has never failed to make a payment to any pact we belong together in. NEVER! Nor do they act like they are most sophisticated than us.

Think about it. Europeans always think they are better than us. It's time to let them face Mother Russia on their own for once. then let's see how much Germany wants to insult us when Russian tanks are rolling through East Germany. YULE C

HO HO HO

B-Bob likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

And what does that have to do with Russia trying to manipulate votes?

4. TheresTheDagger

In ascending order (worst to best):

LBJ -- Expanded the war in Vietnam and created the Great Society failure. Oversaw worst divisiveness in nation since Civil War.
    Carter-- Did almost nothing right but at least didn't get us into war. Hostage crisis. Energy crisis. Did nothing for either.
    Bush Jr. -- Involved us in a war in Iraq that was primarily because his father was threatened. Too involved in mid-east and nation building failures.
    Obama -- Helped create conditions for ISIS creation. Horribly thought out ACA legistlation. Race relations declined. Doubled national debt.
    Ford-- Helped heal the country after Watergate. Nothing much else done.
    Nixon -- Ended involvement in Vietnam war. Signed SALT treaties. Opened doors to China. Got back Vietnam POW's. Watergate ruined it all.
    Bush Sr. -- Finished the work started by Reagan to end Cold War. Berlin wall crumbles. Oversees almost bloodless United Nations liberation of Kuwait.
    Clinton -- Oversaw greatest economic boom of my lifetime. Balanced budget for a short while. No major international gaffes or mistakes.
    Reagan -- Reversed economic "malaise" of Carter era. Rebuilt military. Set in motion end of Cold War with Peace thru strength & talks with Gorbachev

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

19% think he is doing the best job in their life.. Learn what were discussing before giving your $.02.

Trump has tried to do everything he said he would try.
    The Republican base votes on social issues like abortion. Then they don't get anything they want from guys like gwb. Thats the whole thing about this election. People thougbt the social red meat issue voter finsllesd npt gonna vote for the candidate or at least the base maybe fractured

Trump rounded the social lissue troops
    You may find their politics despicable but Trump still deserves credit fot pulling off what pundits didn't think any Republican.

So focus on that instead tje KGB or whatever if you don't wanna pose a seco3time to him

Trump trird to get a wall nan Muslims from traveling here etc. That's what hhis support wants

Im saying tje Russia alks distorts the idea he won ny getting real votes

#85 pgabriel, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Don't forget that Reagan oversaw the greatest wealth separation from the rich and middle class in American history - exceeding the level before the Great Depression and marks the point in American history when the standard of living stopped rising for most Americans.

7. fiersdownbelow

You’re right; one is reality and the other fiction.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Are you saying the Senate Intelligence Panel headed by Republicans are spewing out Fiction? Because they are the ones saying Russia tried to interfere in our elections.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The guy who brought us the civil Rights act is the worst president of your life time. Yep sounds about right. By the way Regan tripled the national debt.

CometsWin and R0ckets03 like this.
  10. bongman

bongman Member

Please tell me who first mentioned Russia in this discussion? I have no interest in injecting that topic here.

Learn what is being discussed without having context? What does the value 19% mean without comparing it another value like - what was it before? Or how does those numbers stack up against other presidents?

If you are saying he deserves credit for the good things he has done, doesn't that also mean that he can be criticized for the bad? 19% says the he is doing more BAD than good as even the ones who voted for him, the one whom you mentioned are also part of his constituents, are also dissatisfied with the job he is doing. Meaning, he did not deliver what he promised to majority of the people who voted for him as that 19% is a minority.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I dont cate what it mrans. Im saying its not surprising. Not trying to argue about Trump pklicies

The point is his win is legitimate and if you accept his win as legitimate you are not surprised by the number

12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Which is why having any discussion on Trump remains impossible. Can you explain why it induces laughter, when it is a reasonable statement to make, and generally true?

TheresTheDagger and pgabriel like this.
  13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Therein lies the problem...just as it did for Bush. The left has a long history of claiming wins weren't actually wins...unless of course it is one of their candidates doing the winning. Those are all legitimate.

cml750 likes this.
  14. bongman

bongman Member

It is so funny that you lecture me on learning what the topic is about before adding my 2 cents yet you keep bringing up facts that has no relevance to the topic. Him winning the election has no connection with how people view his ability to perform his job as POTUS.

If you don't care what it means, why even bother discussing things with other folks as you can twist anything to align to your narrative. Facts be dammed - that makes no sense.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The topic is the 19% Its the "fact" i mentioned Trump"s policies to understand the 19%, as what they like and i mentioned Russia as to reasons people doubt his popularity.

As far as my lecure YOU didn't know what the threat topic is despite it being in thr freaking thrrad title

You arguing wasting my previous allotment of time my maker has gifted me.

#95 pgabriel, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  16. bongman

bongman Member

It is also fact that 46% voted him in. How come only 19% approve of him now? You can't even answer any of these simple questions. I know, you don't care what what it means nor even have the capacity to listen.

If you think your time in this forum is a waste of YOUR precious time, there is a very simple solution that in which you have 100% control over, DON'T POST. Time saved that you can dedicate more to your maker. Was that difficult?

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Classic TJ...you'd been slipping in recent times but this one is right back in LHutz territory. Kudos.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Because he is an *******. And on a serious note in order
    Again you dont understand the topic. We arent discussing an approval ratimg.

19% feel he is the feel he is the best president of their life time. You don't have to feel he is the best to approve of him
    Ill help you through the process of comprhendimg the topic
    No need to thank me

19. bongman

bongman Member

I thought this forum has wasted enough of your precious time?

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I didn't say the forum wasted my time. Your ignorance wastes my time, but ill turn a negative into a positive and help you with simple subjevts like comprehenfing thtead titles.

Also given your lack of comprehension on simple **** like thread titlesles i understand you screwing up comprehending the waste of time comment.

Just have to go step by step with you. Im gaining inherent satis helping you understand simple things like thread titles