1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

19% say Donald Trump has done the best or second best job of any president of their lifetimes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jul 11, 2018.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Uhmmm. You are not right. Simple as that lol

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes he is half way through his first term he was elected for. A second term is hypothetical.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If trump wins a second term then he would not be halfway through his term right now. Quit arguing dolts.

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Okay. You're right.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obamas' 2 terms were from 2009 - 2012 and 2013 - 2016, it was not one term from 2009-2016

Trump is in fact half way through his term.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Well this poll wasn’t about who is a disaster. If you conclude that only from this poll, it’s not a valid conclusion.

But there have been other polls that show a majority think he has been a disaster.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Do you need a poll to tell if Harvey was a disaster or not? Same with Trump

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think it's interesting Obama's approval at that time was also 20%.

Seems like a hyper partisan baseline

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that they enthusiastically elected him in the first place demonstrates to me exactly how much I should value the judgement of the public.

Hell, 7% of the public believes the moon landings were fake, and 21% believe the government covered up aliens crashing in Roswell, according to a story I just saw online.

For me, the greatest concern about Trump isnt Trump specifically, but what it says about how our collective judgement has erroded. People who make serial bad decisions, tend to do so because they dont recognise their bad decisions for what they are.

We're passengers in a speeding car about to drive over a mountain cliff, cheering the driver on because the fall will count as a shortcut to our destination. I won't be surprised at this point if Trump is reelected in a landslide.

TheFreak, R0ckets03 and No Worries like this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those 19% were born in 2017

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@NewRoxFan

I asked you in what way i defended Trump. Then you cant answer and give me some stupid crap about my disclaimer.

We keep having this same stupid ass argument and have been for about a year. The silly part is i don't know you and if i said what i said in order to defend Trump i would just say so. Don't give a damn if you think i support his policies but others read this so i want the record to be clear.

You keep rehashing and then cant provide clarity on my so called defense of Trump makes you an *******

13. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

That’s unfair to Harvey.

No Worries likes this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Im smart enough to understand Trump won the election. He does things that he promised his voters.

So 19% aint ****. And on McDonald's coffee, regardless if coffee snobs respect it, its a product that keeps them in business.

And if a no life having snob has to rehash a stupid comment on coffee from i don't know how many months ago that speaks volumes on his pathetic existence

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Whatever tou feel about his support at least you understand simple numbers

The first problem is these idiots think Russia stole the election so its no point on trying to make them understand your simple analysis

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think 19% is actually kind of high mostly because his FIRST term is still very much a guess on how successful his strategy to the presidency will be in the end.

Fact: That same strategy is the same one that led to a business going bankrupt 7 times and led to 25 million dollar settlements to his customers he conned. The strategy is simple... come in the room and turnover all the furniture, walk out, and take credit for the people in the room having to put the furniture back in place.

The other problem is with Trump fans, simply getting through his presidency without nuclear war, or another dust bowl era will be considered success. As long as they got their SCOTUS seats to make sure women lose reproductive rights, there are less brown people, gays can’t get married, and voting rights are diminished.

No Worries likes this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

GWB already had seen the worst terrorist attack on his watch and started a stupid war

But you're right hindsight is 20/20. Nobody realized how incompetent gwb was till Katrina. Shortly after Katrina Iraq got really bad and the rest is history. GWB skated to re-election cause things hadn't started unraveling.

That being said all oof Trump's crisis so far have been public relations nightmares

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I am not so sure Trump won the election as much as Clinton lost it. Emails, Clinton's weak charisma, poor campaign strategy, not picking Bernie as VP, and yes, Russia influence - had any of those of those NOT happened, Clinton would be president.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

In the end Trump will have cost Americans far more lives than GWB. When you factor is the lost of health coverage alone. Who knows what long-term damage his attacks on NATO are doing. His trade war with China may potentially sink us into a recession. His environmental policy may cost the world trillions, and he is setting us up to lag behind China in new technology across the spectrum as he retreats us to commodity industries to appease his supporters.

Also our democracy is weaker, susceptible to future constitutional crisis and our country more divided than probably than it has been since perhaps the civil war with a runaway deficit that is hurting our credit rating. Our election system along with that of a big chunk of the world's in under attack as Russia works to destabilize countries by promoting radical right wing leaders who will make it easier for Russia to spread its influence

GWB made a mistake with Iraq, but he also made the decisions that saved our economy from a deep depression. I can disagree with Bush, but I still respect the man as a president. I can't say the same for Trump

R0ckets03 likes this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How did Bush save tge economy. He gave away the budget surplus as his first action. He ****s up the economy and you say he isn't as bad as Trump because he got a damn near trillion dollar bail out? Go back to sleep

Bush didn't eant a healthcare bill either.

GWB Reagan and Trump are the same person