1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

‘Assassin’s Creed’ Movie - Michael Fassbender

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rhino17, Jul 10, 2012.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

THIS COULD BE EPIC

http://screenrant.com/michael-fassbender-assassins-creed-movie-kofi-185815/

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

From the bits and pieces I've heard about the plot of this game (never played it) it doesn't sound all that interesting...

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Video game movies don't have successful track records. Hopefully this one pans out. I hope they start at Ezio and not at Altair.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Video Game action movies do fairly well.

link

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If this was anyone but Fassbender I would laugh at the idea of it. But, since he's the top dog out there right now, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait and see with this one.

6. mic

mic Contributing Member

Michael Fassbender is ****ing hot.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

They may make money but very few are actually GOOD movies.

8. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

c'mon how can you say you didn't enjoy Pokemon 2000

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

A movie about the deadliest assassin in the world during the time of the Crusades and Renaissance doesn't sound interesting?

I disagree. I think they need to do it the way the games did it. Starting with Ezio wouldn't make sense plot wise.

10. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Would they end where AC:Revelations left off? BC technically, the Desmond Miles story isn't over yet, right? AC3 is going to be ridiculous.

11. Layz Balla

Layz Balla Member

I am actually hoping for a God of War Movie since they will be making assassin creed.

12. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

is it me or does the assasins creed games feel like they are all over the place? I love playing them, but the plot feels like there are two separate game's story lines. I guess i spend too much time collecting treasure and flags and feathers and orbs and buying shops and destroying wells and tearing down scaffolding on top of people and purchasing landmarks to feel any continuity. [/rant]

ac3 looks awesome.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I wonder how much of the game they're actually going to follow. They can't cover too much of it, it won't fit, and you can't bank on this being a multi-film franchise. I doubt it'll be a live action re-telling of the games. More likely, it'll be a stand alone story similar to some of the animated films they've done. The larger scheme like Desmond, pieces of Eden, and the end of the world probably won't appear at all. In this context, Ezio makes more sense because he's more developed in the games and is just a more interesting character than Altair. I doubt they'd use the new guy, Connor. There's the off chance they'd use another assassin in Desmond's lineage we haven't seen but that's unlikely.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

It has to be a multi-film franchise, I don't see how it could be any different. If they are gonna do it, they are gonna do it based off the games, not animated films that no one watches. And it would really be a waste if the whole Desmond/end of the world stuff is not mentioned.

I would do the first movie with Altair, and then possibly 2 with Ezio (the 2nd one with cameos from Altair), and then a final one with Connor. 3-4 movies would be practical if they are done properly and taken seriously unlike most video game movies.

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I just see them introducing the Desmond story arc, the film flopping, and all that's left is a single film with hanging threads. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it be faithful to the source material, but video game films rarely do and I just don't see them committing to 3-4 films (and writing accordingly) right out of the gate.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That would be EPIC. I've only played the first one....but it was awesome.

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I can't think of any good video game movies. Mario Bros, Hitman, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Double Dragon, Prince of Persia, Max Payne

all sucked.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

^
    ^ don't forget Doom.

Resident Evils is probably the best out of that bunch. As bad as they are, I still watch kind of them:eek: But mostly because of Mila.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The only substantially financially successful video game movies I can think of are Tomb Raider, MK1, The Resident Evil Series, Silent Hill, Max Payne, and Prince of Persia.

The flops outnumber the hits for sure.

20. 713

713 Member

Fassbender has a big **** so this movie is probably gonna turn out good.