1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pablo too young for mr mchale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ubigman, Mar 6, 2015.

?

how many more years of experience does poblo need

1. 3 years

3.0%
  2. 4 years

1.5%
  3. 5 years

3.0%
  4. 6 years

26.9%
  5. too many years just too young too young

65.7%
  1. Houston79Astro

But that 5 assists in 6 minutes is nice lol

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya i'm not a fan of prigioni (or the trade deadline 'splash' that brought him here), just saying that bev is obviously not the answer at starting PG or someone you can expect consistent production from. hell i'd like to see mchale even try running nick johnson for some stretches at this point, he did help us win a couple games early in the season. anything beats beating our heads against the wall keeping bev on the floor in games when he clearly shouldn't be out there..

3. Houston79Astro

Nick Johnson would be a terrible idea. The guy is shooting .312 from three and his assist to turnovers are not great 6/12. I love the kid's willingness to dunk on every single living life form on the planet, but he is extremely to raw. We need a guy who can run point while harden sits, as for now the best choice is prigs.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think it depends on the game/matchup. NJ does play good man defense and can get into the paint off the dribble. against detroit that may have been enough to at least maintain our lead at the end of the game.

5. Houston79Astro

I agree he is a pretty good on the ball defender, but I highly doubt he would keep a lead while harden sits. On a side note though, I would rather prefer having Johnson out there when harden sits then terry or Bev running the show. That is the reason we lost to the hawks and grizzlies.

6. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Pablo should play just like Canaan should've played

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

And we gave away not one but two 2nd rounders for this guys to warm the bench and pick up retirement pension

Another dumb Morey move

8. basketballholic

In light of us trying to win a championship this year..I'm struggling to understand moving out Canaan.

Frankly, I didn't understand the extension that Les gave McHale earlier this year either. That sure didn't feel like a Morey move. That kind of extension gives the coach a lot of leverage going forward to play whom he wants to play and it takes away the pressure for him to play the guys that the GM gives him to play. Just doesn't pass the smell test for me. I can't see Morey giving McHale an extension. I think Morey prefers to have that leverage with a coach to help the coach play the guys that Morey knows can play.

The McHale extension reminds me so much of the Jeremy Lin signing, something Les jumped in and forced to make happen. And I think it hurt this team.

If Morey traded Canaan simply because McHale wasn't going to play him and we picked up Pablo simply because we had to have a backup point guard...then that definitely hurt our championship aspirations this year in my opinion. I like Pablo as a player and I think he'll eventually come around and be a plus factor here IF McHale gives him minutes. He's a very savvy, veteran player on both ends of the court. It would have been nice to have him for Shved's carcass but not at the expense of moving Canaan out for McDaniels.

Canaan for McDaniels is about the future, not the present. And 2 seconds for Pablo is about having a stop-gap for this year. It's not about the future. So if you believe that Canaan is the superior player to Pablo at this respective stage of each of their careers then this move hurt our chances to win a championship this year. I know some of you will disagree with the premise that Canaan is better than Pablo. That's fine. But I don't see it. Canaan is an electric offensive player. We sure could use his scoring prowess when Harden sits. We have NO ONE on this current roster that can score the ball as good as Canaan does when Harden sits. And...Canaan was the best shooter we had on this roster not named Harden.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's easy to understand. Canaan isn't very good right now and KJ has way more upside.

10. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Rocco Rice-A-Roni does not approve.

Expect a visit from Terry Tortellini.

11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

This was the perfect game to play Pablo, Harden is getting stifled and we couldn't run a pnr to save our lives. You can't tell me he couldn't stay with Blake. Common McHale let the rook play!

#51 Blurr#7, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  12. Houston79Astro

Post of the year. I like that mchale let's his guys make mistakes, but this doghouse business is tiresome.

13. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

i don't agree with everyone saying he should play Pablo. Pablo stinks guys, it's so obvious when he's out there. Even his 3pt shooting percentages I never bought or thought would translate because it's on limited attempts.

I honestly don't blame McFail for not playing him, but I blame him for not playing Canaan, who is scoring well for the 76ers.

14. Houston79Astro

Pablo stinks? Please explain. Even if we still had Canaan we would still be hurting for a ball handler.

15. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

This is why McHale needs to be gone.

Prigs got dem fingerz to pass ze ball.

Funny english aside, how is Prigs different than Terry? Major difference, Prigs actually has court awareness and passing ability. Why doesn't McHale utilize him? He's not a rookie...

16. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

If we had Adelman or JVG right now, would Prigs be seeing more playing time?

Real question...

17. daledondale

daledondale Member

That's exactly what i thought

18. eman

eman Contributing Member

Is McHale saving this weapon for the playoffs?

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Give Pablo some time. He is new.

It takes time to learn all the plays in McHale's playbook.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

how ironic that prigioni jailed in a doghouse and 'prigioni' translated from italian means 'prisons' :grin: