1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Tad Brown on TNT, Shaq and Barkley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 9, 2015.

1. JazzLakerHater

You know, it wouldn't hurt Kenny Smith to defend his old team from Barkley's nonstop criticism. Everytime time Barkley goes on his usual rant against the Rockets, Kenny just sits there in silence.

1 person likes this.
  2. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Seriously?? They changed the rules because of Shaq. The rules they have now are because of him lol. People might not agree with what he has to say about Dwight or his opinion generally, but he was unstoppable. Some players transcends any era and he is one of them. If you think that he wouldn't dominate THIS era, you're sadly mistaken. BBQ CHICKEN

3. Ol Bill Worrell

Yes - Tad is a cool dude. Best Sports CEO in the country.

4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Should have never traded these guys. :(

1 person likes this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yep. Never heard a single word against the Rockets from either of these two, even though they were traded. Barkley sucks.

6. rockpileindisma

I would nut ferociously if we could rock these uniforms

7. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Last night Shaq said he had no idea who Cole Aldrich was, I mean come on, how are you an NBA analyst and fan of basketball in general and not know who these players are. I realize Aldrich sucks but I feel like he was very well known in college, and a lottery pick. An analyst should know who he is.

Shaq is awful and brings down the whole show. I like Barkley except for when he talks Rockets.

8. sufiank

sufiank Member

I love the show. 8 Emmy's. Hilarious.

"Is that why didn't block any shots because you don't know how to read?" - Chuck to shaq

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Rep. Oh how I hated that trade. These two had soooo much tread left on the tires when we shipped them out. Instead we got to see old fat Barkley in PJs trying to back down the opposing defenders. At least I learned to yawn and cringe simultaneously.

10. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

I can also confirm the Shaq-Dwight issue (although I'm just a fan and don't know either on a personal level). A few years ago during the All Star festivities, I went to a TNT broadcast/party and there were several stars there including Shaq. At one point I was sitting directly beside Shaq at a bar and he was yelling at Dwight on TV and saying all kinds of negative things about Dwight's attitude and his game. It was clear that he wasn't really fond of D12.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

BINGO!!
    The BARKLEY TRADE was the worse trade in 20 yrs
    He set the organization back like 10 yrs
    We only just now recovering

Rocket River

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Actually, it was to the Jazz that they were eliminated.

13. Mattj

Mattj Member

Wait ESPN thinks TNT's basketball coverage is bad? That's a good one. I enjoyed Bill Simmons basketball book and some of his podcasts, but his work on TV is AWFUL. Why do you think ESPN changes its pre/postgame NBA team every damn year? I find their talent pool rather shallow outside of Doris Burke who they should use more as an analyst than a facilitator IMO . It's amazing that they have great broadcast teams like JVG/Breen and Hubie/Tirico but can't find 1 good complete panel for their shoulder programming. If I was programming them I'd steal Chris Webber away from TNT/NBATV and put him with Legler, Doris Burke, and Cassidy Hubberth the talented broadcaster they waste on the 1AM NBA tonight.

14. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I used to look forward to us being on TNT. Now I dread it because of Barkley. Not sure what's gotten into him this year, he wasn't this bad when we had Yao. I remember him actually jumping on our wagon when we beat Portland and were up 1-0 against the Lakers in the Playoffs with Yao / Aaron / Meta. Of course then Yao broke his toe....But this year, even with the hot start, us getting Brewer and Smith, he just seems like he has it in for us....

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You mean every 99er knows this.
    This is new to newer fans

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude Barkley helped us to the western conference finals to the Jazz when we got him.

We have never sniffed anything that close since then.

17. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

As bad as it is watching Rockets on TNT, I still like watching non-Rockets games on it. The only thing I've noticed this year is they keep talking about who has the best chance to win it all every damn show instead of just talking about who's hot at the time, or even the given game at hand. They don't even talk about the hot Hawks much. I agree though, TNT post games are the gold standard for the NBA. I even like their March Madness.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Either you are a terrible troll,

or you did not sleep in Holiday Inn Express last night.

19. marky :)

marky :) Member

I knew this and I'm not a 99er. :(

And there was internet in 1999?

20. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

They lost to the Jazz in the playoffs the first two seasons with Barkley, yes. Though my point was about the year Barkley took his pay cut, 1998-1999, the lockout shortened season., when the Lakers beat the Rockets in the first round.

Again though, just my own speculation that Barkley agreed to take less money because, maybe there were bonuses that a team of Hakeem, Barkley and Pippen "could have" met, earning Barkley more money, but didnt. And, maybe he thought Les owed him that money anyway?