1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Griffin III

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by rockbox, Sep 24, 2011.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

at age 8, everyone is wide open including the awkward kid who can't catch, but I don't throw there.
    at age 10, everyone is open, including the 6 year old we send on two yard routes to get the first down.
    at age 12, everyone is open, but the leather football harder to throw, and now you have a single rusher meaning I need to be mobile.
    at age 14, everyone is open, and YAC is awesome due to integration of tackling and grass.
    At age 16, there is a pass rush, and helmets to deal with, and we run the ball a lot. Hard time finding with all this crap on.
    At age 18, only the fast guys are open, but they are wide the f open, and I hit them all the time.
    At age 20, there are plays to memorize now, everyone is supposed to be somewhere, but the fast guys are still wide the f open
    At age 22, the fast guys remain wide the f open and this is fun.
    At age 24, nobody is wide open anymore, everyone is fast, and there are so many plays
    At age 26, I now must scan the field for 2nd and 3rd options
    At age 28, I realize I can throw people open, huh.
    At Age 30, Seems like one WR is open on every play, but i overthrow them.
    At age 32, I am calm now, I always find the one open WR
    At age 34, Seems like now, we should score on every drive, upset when we don't.
    At age 36, Coach allows me to throw on every play, setting records left and right, but do we even have a rb?
    At age 38, I seem to spend a lot of time on the ground.
    At age 40, view from bench is somewhat blurry.
    At age 42, the dog keeps dropping my passes.
    At age 44, I talk a lot about how the young Qb's today run too much.
    At age 46, At the HOF ceremony they let me throw to another old guy running a route, but he is wide the f open. Not sure I can get it there.

2. Sajan

Sajan Member

Ceiling/potential/hoping is how stupid teams waste years..while good teams cut their losses and move on.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh nooooo, bringing in a backup QB is gonna kill us, we've been using backup QB to produce studs for so long. God forbid we forfeit such an incredibly valuable slot that has produced Yates, Rosenfels, Keenum and Leinart to some guy that has a better arm than anyone in the upcoming draft.

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Please read the linked articles. RG3 is in Ryan Leaf, Russell, Quinn, Akili, Freeman territory. He's done. Please tip jar bet me. He won't start 16 games. I'll give you $200 to $100 odds to the jar.

#584 Kim, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

out of curiosity, what would you be willing to waste to find out for sure that RG3 is garbage? A 3rd rounder? A first rounder?

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I can live with 3 considering the QB's that would be available in this years draft that late. I would think 4. If he starts X amount of games year 1 (which wont happen) the Redskins can get a 3rd.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I could see doing that. There's almost no chance that he ever becomes an NFL caliber starter again but a 4th rounder wouldn't be too much to make sure. The 6 million dollar price tag next year is a bit steep for a guy who probably wouldn't even earn the starting spot, but I could see it.

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Remember the RGIII and Luck debate? Seems like it is heading in the same direction as the Manning Leaf debate. Sure glad Indy picked Manning and Luck instead of Leaf and RGIII.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Poor RG3:

There's eating Thanksgiving alone, floating silently in space after a satellite explosion and punting footballs to yourself after practice. That's it—the top three loneliest experiences a human being can have.

According to The Washington Post's Mike Jones (h/t Deadspin's Barry Petchesky), Robert Griffin III checked one off his list last week.

According to CBS DC's Chris Lingebach, Jones told radio host Jason Bishop of 106.7 The Fan during a Monday radio spot that Griffin stayed on the field at Redskins Park after Friday's practice and aimlessly kicked balls into the air.

"Last Friday, after practice, [Griffin] was on the field by himself for like 40 minutes, just punting the ball, and running after it, and punting the ball and running after it," Jones said. "The guy looks like he's lost, doesn't know what's going on, and so I did feel bad for him."

"So wait a minute," Bishop said. "He was on the practice field, in the bubble, just punting the ball? Like a kid would, just out in the backyard?"

Jones affirmed this.

"Out there on the practice field," Jones said. "He stayed there. This was outside, after everybody's in the locker room changing their clothes, getting ready to go, and he's just out there for like 40 minutes punting the ball, he'd run after it, punt the ball."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2293254-robert-griffin-iii-punting-footballs-for-40-minutes-is-a-sad-inexplicable-story?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

With how Clowney turned out we should make an effort to get RGIII. One of these days, the Texans will get lucky and a risk will pay off.

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Texans gotta try and trade for him. He just needs a change of scenery and health. By next year he should be healthy and refreshed.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>RealGM Sources: Lance Stephenson has trade inquiries, hopes to play for Nets one day, but wants to remain w/ Hornets. <a href="http://t.co/lsuln0KLER">http://t.co/lsuln0KLER</a></p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/543096581114036225">December 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Crap, sorry; meant this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gruden says they don't need to see anymore RG3 to figure out what he can or can't do <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Redskins?src=hash">#Redskins</a></p>&mdash; Dianna Marie Russini (@NBCdianna) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCdianna/status/543094552375345152">December 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Indaface

Indaface Member

Considering Rick Smith's draft history I would give up a 4th or 5th rounder for him in a heartbeat, draft another one in the first round and just have a 2 way battle for the starting spot next training camp.