1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets interested in Corey Brewer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Nov 16, 2014.

1. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

@MJ4Sports: Observation and opinion: Corey Brewer wouldn't see time ahead of Harden, Ariza, or K-Pap, seems like a move to set up another move IMO.

2. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

It is sad that Pumpernickel (a rookie and a SF) is our 3rd best "big" (behind Howard and Jones), and that he was our best "big" against the Lakers. I love Papayaangelou and all, but I think it is an indictment on Morey that he is currently our 3rd best big -- this needs to be remedied, and fast, especially considering our injuries.

All that said, the Brewer trade would be so helpful, considering that we lost our best back up wing player to our front court rotation. Brewer is a good fit for this team too, considering he plays into the defensive strategy of attacking passing lanes so well, runs the court and gets to the rim.

3. HamJam

Considering that K pap and Harden are both logging minutes at the PF, and that, even when Jones and Howard are back from injury, Kostas will probably still be logging serious minutes at the 4, I think Brewer fits very nicely on the roster, even without a future trade.

4. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Can we help facilitate Brewer going to the Cavs? Do they have anything we would want/could get?

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Brewer would get serious burn here. Not sure how one could argue that's not the case. Cleveland has more depth on the wing than we do, so he'd play less there. They have several quality wing players -- Waiters, Miller, James, Marion.

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Gorgui Dieng would fit nicely here. He's probably a keeper to Minny, though.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Give it a rest with the small forwards and small finesse power forwards. Just for once. We got about 30 of them b****es. He's not the answer

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Forget Dieng. Lets get Pek!

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Playing Kostas, Black, and Dorsey as much as we did at the 4 and 5 is a big part of why we lost. When you get outrebounded by the Lakers, you're doing it wrong.

10. HamJam

I agree with you -- we'd be much better off adding a legit rotation player at the 4 or 5 and playing Pumpernickel only at the wing (where he is much better suited to play). But, if that is not an option, and Kostas is going to be our 3rd big (and that is whenever everyone is healthy mind you) then we have to add a rotation player and depth where we can, and Brewer is definitely that.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yep. I think the goal is going to be for Minny to try and move Pekovic if they can, and let Dieng expand a little bit more with their young team. I doubt he's going anywhere.

Minny is probably waiting on a team like the Knicks to do something stupid liek trade for Pek.

12. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Flip on Brewer: he's just too valuable to us to move. Says he understands why teams with championship hopes want him</p>&mdash; Jon Krawczynski (@APkrawczynski) <a href="https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/535517017215086593">November 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Flip on Brewer: he's just too valuable to us to move. Says he understands why teams with championship hopes want him</p>&mdash; Jon Krawczynski (@APkrawczynski) <a href="https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/535517017215086593">November 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

So this seems like the usual leaked rumor from Minny's camp just to gauge interest and potential offers. As always follolwed by the initial denial stage. In short, Minny will move him but expect a lot more than they have been offered.

15. Mattj

Mattj Member

My opinion, the whole Brewer trade was a "nothing burger" started by Stein. Corey Brewer can't shoot. Rockets need a 4 or a playmaking PG not a defensive wing. Only logical reason to pick up Brewer was if Rockets thought their best player trade chip was Ariza. Adding Brewer with his extra year is not even a lateral move, it's a waste IMO.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not sure if this is known around here but are you the Matt Jackson formerly of 790 and who did the Big Show with Adam Wexler?

17. Fantasma Negro

He's right, its a move that will move Pappy to the stretch 4 position and have Brewer come of the bench behind Ariza. After watching Dmo play like trash on national television, there's not a single gm I can think of that would admire the use of his services so he'll probably go back to modeling cheap suits next to Powell

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'll answer for him, cus I'm awesome; yes.

1 person likes this.
  19. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Well.. The asking price seems too high..forget it they can keep him..they'll come back

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sounds like it. Judging from Steins tweet either this morning with NOW in all caps, Morey gave a best and final offer this morning, and Flip walked away for now playing hardball.

Whatever. At least other GM's right now know what the Rockets have with their package and someone else will finally come around and say your loss my gain Flip. I'll take the salary dump and a 2nd rounder.