1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ode to Pat Bev from Zach Lowe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mirri3000, Feb 26, 2014.

1. makio9

makio9 Member

No he doesn't, he watches 2 games a day, like most of us. The key to being a good writer is relating to your audience. Einstein might have been considered a poor assessor by most readers in the world.

2. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

I think Simmons is trying to appeal to everyone, so hes trying to say interesting things, even if its not always accurate.

3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Don't need an all-star at every position. The team with the best regular season record in NBA history:

Jordan
    Pippen
    Rodman
    Harper
    Longley

Now, that's the best all-time, and of course you can't compare the current Rockets to them. But look at that formula: two bonafide All-Stars, a one-dimensional borderline star, and two very, very average players (but they did have Kukoc off the bench).

Harden and Howard are your bonafide all-stars, Parsons is more your one-dimensional player (scorer?) and then you have Beverly and TJones or whoever replaces TJones this year or next. That's a starting 5 that with 3 solid bench players could certainly win a 'ship.

4. BallardLocks

BallardLocks Member

Well deserved. PB is a beast.

5. BallardLocks

BallardLocks Member

Btw...what a pathetic little bunch of jealous LOF kids replying in this thread. Get out of this forum if you can't give anyone outside of Lin the props they deserve.

6. BallardLocks

BallardLocks Member

(talking about these two)

7. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Exactly...the guy knows basketball. He was really the first national writer who started writing columns about contracts, the cap, and atrocious gm's.

8. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

I'm assuming you've heard of League Pass. Basketball is his job. He watches more than two games a day. I watch more than two games a day for daily fantasy. Why would you think a national writer wouuldnt be able to watch archived games on LP?

9. instantno0o0dle

Lowe is fantastic. Bill Simmons knows a lot about basketball but he really isn't made for tv. I bet you he's had to hold his tongue on a lot of different topics and also reign back some of his more inappropriate jokes.

10. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Parsons is not one-dimensional...

11. makio9

makio9 Member

Actually I'm a white Rocket fan and Zach Lowe said on RocketsLive that he watches two games a day so kiss it

12. makio9

makio9 Member

Nah, mate. I heard it on RocketLive out of his mouth and I've had just about enough of your crap without wanting to give you a beatdown.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. Jimmy Chitwood

Unless you've read Simmons's book, you can't honestly say he's an idiot. And if you have read the book, you'd know he's not an idiot.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

BS has the Skip Bayless disorder; act the fool to entertain and earn much fame and gold. Jester has always been a rewarding profession throughout history.

16. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure there are white LOFs, mate

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

When you have really smart basketball writers like Zach Lowe and Rob Mahoney and extremely knowledgeable analysts like Jeff Van Gundy and Hubie Brown praising a player's defense, its hard to take the opinions of fans who doubt his defensive ability seriously.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

+1

Simmons plays an idiot sometimes to blow things up, create interest and drama, but he also knows when he's safe enough to do it, like when there are other credible cats to play the straight guy and cover him. He won't hesitate to call out a Skip Bayless-like persona, but I don't think he likes doing that.

He's successful because he shows bias and passion as a real fan even if that means looking like a complete tool as a "professional mass media journalist".

So I take his words and analysis with a grain of salt but I'll think about it more than a shill reporter/columnist stuck far up his ass on what he really knows about the league. I feel like a lot of these ambitious b****es want to climb up to network reporting or football and don't really give enough of a **** to devote the time needed to cover the league as it should be.

Simmons's interest is there, but you still gotta enforce the rule that just because someone's on TV doesn't mean they have the best mind to analyze what he/she covers (still a lot better than 80% of what's out there though). Best marketability perhaps.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

These so called "fans" are doing it out of spite and not because they care about Beverely being a good defensive player.

They have a burning desire to see Beverley fail because they think that somehow its going to vindicate the bad performance of their idol.

Pathetic.

20. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

What does this even mean? What point are you trying to make? It is my belief that Zach Lowe in his job as a prominent national basketball analyst watches more than two games a day. And that is enough to almost drive you to the edge and give me a "beatdown". You have some issues. I'm guessing anger management and reading comprehension are two of them. :rolleyes:

I am also a white Rockets fan-not sure what that has to do with anything.