1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin is a joke!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Is Jeremy Lin a joke?

1. Yes :)

321 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. No :(

437 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. adobo

adobo Member

I have to admit (and I don't like myself for doing so), some of the back and forth between lin fans and haters has been so amusing that sometimes its actually entertaining (although it gets a bit annoying at times especially if you want to read other topics).

I guess in a few years we can look back and say "remember this forum when Lin was with the rockets..."

2. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I really don't think there would be so much Lin hate if there weren't so many delusional Lin fans thinking that he's the next big superstar in the NBA. Not only that, they're just downright disrespectful. We never had this big of problem with Yao fans.

At the same time, Lin doesn't deserve all this hate thrown his way. Let's face it, Jeremy is actually a decent player and he is a much better player than either Rafer or Luther Head ever were. Those guys deserved their bashing cause they sucked. People are just getting tired of Lin fans saying the dumbest things. Lin shouldn't have to take responsibility for his delusional fans.

3. BallardLocks

BallardLocks Member

This forum will always be critical of its Rockets players and will continue to do its thang after Lin's gone. The question is how long until the next "waste of cap" players' fans (like our current JerEmo's) bathe in lighter fluid and piss gasoline into their own camp fire again? :grin:

4. Throttle

Throttle Member

its not just his fans, its the media which hyped linsanity way overboard in NY, such that even until now, hater gona hate coz he got so much attention back then.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He can agree to a zero dollar buyout like Kidd did, and get himself off the books at the end of the year if he wants. I'm sure Morey wouldn't object.

6. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

I am really disappointed to be honest,he played great the first couple of months,but now it seems like he lost his confidence and he just sucks.

Still mad we gave up Dragic,yes he wanted a player-option,but I am sure if we wanted to part with him because of the 2015 FA,we could have easily move him

Smh

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

The question isn't whether he's better than them, but rather whether a player is responsible for his own production.

For example, did people question JVG or Adelman in relation to the success(or lack thereof) of Luther Head? No. Everyone simply thought Head was who he was, and that CD couldn't draft worth a damn. Did people believe Rafer or T-Mac stood in the way of Head becoming a prominent player? No. People believed that T-Mac and to much lesser extent Rafer were better players. Did people believe the Rocket needed to trade Head during those years so "Head could find an opportunity to succeed"? No. Of course not. Rockets fans felt that Head himself sucked. Just look at this thread. Is there a single poster that is even remotely questioning the sucking of all the players listed in the last few pages?

Generally fans blame players themselves when they can't produce on the court. It's incredibly abnormal for fans to blame everything BUT the player for any perceived failures, true or not.

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Yes LOFs who divert blame are pathetic, but so are fans who crap on Lin (who is still currently playing for us), who want him to fail simply so that they can one-up LOFs.

If people think he's a crap basketball player, T/O freak, one of the most bi-polar players in terms of looking like a good nba player versus utter trash, can't dribble whatever, THATS PERFECTLY FINE. there is nothing wrong with criticizing his abilities on the court or lackthereof.

But everyone is in this one-up game right now, and it's coming full circle. I don't even know why people engage those who say crap like McFail or Haren regardless, the intent is obvious. Best Ass/Relo threads here I come

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Jeremy has been a disappointment lately. I keep waiting foe him to come around.:confused:

10. Doktor Mndbndr

JLin needs a good sports psychologist cuz he's a head case. Kinda like DMC and the young Artest, except at the other extreme, an Asian headcase who has low confidence issues. NBA coaches seem to have learnt how to handle the DMCs of the world, but not the JLins.

He needs the right sports psychologist to get him to bring his "A game" every game. Whatever his "A game" may be. Because it can be done but the Rockets staff seem to know not how. He's easy to set straight, if you know how to do it.

11. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Crit. a player after a loss is what fans do, yes.

If a player shoots 15+ shots in one game and sucked , made us lose, yeah bash him.

But a bench player playing 20+/- min. with 6-7 FGA ?

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

I'm not trying to make any excuses for Lin, but common the guy shot 1-2 less FG from reaching his season 45/35 with 6-7 FGA

Most important thing is, we won.... a lot of games...while Lin didn't play

12. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

My take is simple , get a girl, get laid, be a man.

13. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I just figured the trade deadline rumors scrambled him up.
    I figure he'll turn it around come playoffs.

14. Doktor Mndbndr

JLin requires guidance on his mental game. If he doesn't get it, he will continue to be spiritually unstable for the duration of his contract, given his reduced role.

OTOH, if the Rockets get a JLin who brings his 'A' game for 25-30 minutes a night, they're that much closer to being contenders this season and next. Because they're stuck with him, it seems.

15. Douchedadude

Douchedadude New Member

I think the 25 million deal of Lin is totally worth a discussion.

Does Lin have the quality worth 25 million? Well I think he is worth it, I mean, how would a player that is not good can put up 30+ points several times right?

But as per how Mchale is currently using him, no he is not worth that money.

And this point you will have to consider another business factor in here - the fantasy in Asia.

Quote myself as an example. I am a Malaysian (not even china!) who has stop watching NBA for a while and when Lin gets his piece of cake finally in the NBA I have been following him through, wanting to buy his jersey from the nike store, watching his game online or on tv, going up to clutfans and started reading about other players likeHarden and parsons. Now you consider the millions of people like me doing e same in china and Taiwan. Theotential market for rockets for the next coming year (if Lin still play an important role in is team) will be so profitable that the next coming 15 million salary could be more effectively spent than many other players in NBA

16. whistleblower

whistleblower Member

You would think that for a guy who has been subjected to being cut/traded near the deadline for his entire NBA career would have more mental fortitude despite knowing he was actively shopped. Thats just flat out excuses, dude is in a slump, whether it is a coincidence that it coincides with the trade deadline period is debatable.

What pisses me off is that he shows flashes of brilliance, like the second coming of Steve Nash. If he played like a scrub perpetually no one will pay him any attention and clutchfans would have given up on him. This thread is obviously made out of frustration, because Lin has constantly fallen well short of expectations.

Will the real Lin please stand up?

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The real Lin is inconsistent... as most average NBA players are.

Kenny Smith would show flashes of brilliance, mixed in with scrub-dom.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Idk what it is right now with him. He almost missed a wide-open finger roll last night. Dunk that ish.

19. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I feel the same way about Dragic but remember the Rockets would have had to take on salary to match Dragic's salary and teams don't like to trade for players with player options.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

At what point do we seriously need to start talking about Canaan beating out Lin for backup minutes? I dont know if McHale has the guts to do it, but if Lin keeps on shelling out performances like he has the past few games, I think its up for discussion.

Geez... 8.4 mil next year (and 15 mil out of Les' pocket) for potentially a 3rd string PG on a contending team.... yeesh.... lets hope he turns it around quick.