1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/27/2013 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 25, 2013.

1. shumbum

shumbum Member

Problem is, the mistakes WON'T be corrected by McHale.

2. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I just want harden to take the last shot if he's going to be the guy, how many times has he tried it? I can only think of the spurs game, not counting the O'Neal goaltend.

Also, I don't know if the last play was designed for Delfino or not, but i would've like to have seen a play drawn up for Garcia or parsons if harden is not going to take it. Garcia was jot and parsons has hit a couple 3s to tie the game at the buzzer.

3. BiggestWinner

BiggestWinner Member

This article lends some perspective...

Link

4. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

During the regular season, McHale would not call timeout or draw up plays down the final stretch of close games, I assumed it was to help the team "learn on their own".

Now I see that McHale simply doesn't know how to call timeout or draw up plays.:confused: He's just as confused and inexperienced as the players on the floor.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

So you are one of those people who think this team is like that 2009 Thunder team too?

We're not. There are a ton of key differences. This team has tons of cap room and an owner not afraid of spending money to bring in one or even two great players to team with Harden. This team has a GM who is facing serious jail time for 1st degree trade rape. Also, this team has a fan base and an owner who didn't have to steal a team from Seattle.

People who don't believe this team is there yet forget that we were a couple of good calls (heck even fair calls) and a lucky shot from Durant away from making this series interesting with the Thunder. This team showed a heck of a lot of heart getting back into two games that they let slip away from them. Their inability to close out close games stems from their youth. In time, this team will be scary. Thunder, Heat, and everyone else take notice, the Rockets are going to only get better from here.

1 person likes this.
  6. BiggestWinner

BiggestWinner Member

So ... We agree?

7. novaman

novaman Member

No- Lin made the right move by trying to play. He showed he's willing to play hurt and take one for the team. It was up to the coaches to pull him out and they should take the blame for not doping so earlier in the game. Can you imagine if he had said he was too hurt to play? Everyone from the mediates to the posters on these boards would have jumped on him for being a wimp, soft, scared, selfish, etc..... just look at how SAS went off on him last year when he shut down after the knee injury.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Haha yeah, I was taking more of a dig on people who think this team is years away from that Thunder team.

9. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

A cross court pass to a guarded delfino probably wasnt the play mchale wanted themto run. The play was probably broken up and the guys panicked.

10. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

The, that's just a play that a young, inexperienced team would make. I'm happy that the Rockets made it this far in their first season together and I hope they learn from their mistakes, like Harden throwing it away when he should take it. Next season should be really good

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Dressing for the game maybe, but the staff didn't actually need to put him in the game. A moderate to severe chest muscle bruise can feel like a broken rib. It can cause pain with every breath an slight body twist or raise of an arm. Given Kim's style of play. It was hard to see him effective. Once he spends the entire summer leaning from Parsons on how to improve his 3 point shot, maybe. But not now.

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

@Jonathan_Feigen: On whether to allow Jeremy Lin to play with injury, McHale said 'That's a big decision for us.'

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Lin will be gametime decision once again tomorrow for game 4</p>&mdash; Jason Friedman (@JasonCFriedman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonCFriedman/status/328582206958223360">April 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. novaman

novaman Member

Tough decision because an effective Lin could have been the difference in both games 2 and 3.

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

We were literally an average Lin away from winning games 2 and 3.

Seems like the guy has the best timing for injuries :mad:

16. novaman

novaman Member

Agreed. Lin didn't need to play great. Just his season average and the Rox would have won both games.

Oh well. Think how the Thunder must feel losing Westbrook at this juncture. They were ready to contend for the championship. Now I'm not even sure they are going to make it that far.

17. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I understand that, I was wondering if the play they wanted had Delfino taking the shot. From what I can remember when the game is on the line like this they usually end up giving the last shot to the guy who inbounds the ball.

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I wish we had Sergio :(

19. rocketsmetalspd

He should sit out. He is not 100% need to give Brooks the minutes to backup Beverley and Garcia to take over Lin's minutes.

20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Parsons contributed to those turnovers when he tried to make a horrible pass to Asik down the stretch.