1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[YAHOO] NFL to add 8 regional combines

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets34Legend, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflcombines

The NFL has added eight regional combines to the main combine it stages each year in Indianapolis.

The regional combines will begin Jan. 28 in Los Angeles and also will be held in Houston, Baltimore, Tampa, the New York area, Chicago, Atlanta and Cleveland through March 17. The Indianapolis event is at the end of February.

Players who attend a regional combine could be invited to a super-regional at Ford Field in Detroit on March 30-31. That event will be attended by NFL team scouts and player personnel directors.

Designed to spotlight players who are not invited to the Indianapolis event, the eight combines also will be conducted specifically for players with college playing experience who want to gauge their pro potential, and for players with some pro experience who have been out of the game for a period of time.

“The NFL regional combines program provides players who may not have had the chance before the opportunity to work out for NFL personnel executives,” said NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations Ray Anderson. “It allows all 32 clubs a chance to further evaluate future prospects.”

The schedule:

Jan. 28—Orange Coast College-Lebard Stadium

Feb. 4—Houston Texans Training Center

Feb. 11—Baltimore Ravens Training Facility

Feb. 18—Tampa Bay Buccaneers Training Facility

Feb. 25—New York Jets Training Facility

March 3—ChicagoBears Training Facility

March 10-11—Atlanta Falcons Training Facility

March 17—Cleveland Browns Training Facility

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Sweet, where do I sign up??

3. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

They should broadcast these things. I'd watch.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

NFL Network.

5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Wait, are you saying the NFL Network already does? How long? How have I not known about this?!?

/grrr

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Since the NFL Network began. I remember watching Chansi Stuckey's combine workout. We went to HS together, which is the only reason I watched. For the most part it boring to watch. That was 2007.