1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football] Big Ten, Texas have initial talks

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So what? I don't understand why anyone of this should stir up a UT fan unless you are actually concerned about your own future and are merely expressing that by mocking A&M.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Because it's the internet and mocking is fun and what it's for.

1 person likes this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Major, do me a favor, go to this website and count up all the players from Texas:

http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/miss-m-footbl-mtt.html

Do you think it had this many Texans in 1990? I don't think so.

Now, I'm not going to bother to run the numbers, but do the same for Texas A&M and players from Missouri/Kansas/Oklahoma - I doubt you'll see a similar trend.

For waht it's worth I don't think that Alabama is suddenly going to become half-texas, but there's a definite precedent for schools that come from net-importing regions to benefit greatly from a Texas conference tie-in more so than a Texas school in reverse.

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

So the SEC may get Clemson, FL State and Missouri too?

5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

move it over to the other thread please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.