1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rose is not a super Star. Revoke his MVP now.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by noize, May 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jlwee

jlwee Member

Boozer wasn't crap a year ago playing with Deron Williams!

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

you replace rose with paul or deron, this series goes 7, and the bulls could win it.

and carlos boozer would actually look like an all-star.

improving his PG playmaking abilities is rose's next step.

3. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Maybe he should take his talent to LA and ride the ring parade instead :rolleyes: why bother sticking around with a crappy roster.

4. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Rose is only 22, but when you have people like JA Adande, Ric Bucher, and Michael Wilbon declaring him the best player in the world, you have a different standard to uphold to. There's always a backlash when you're built up to be something that you don't live up to. That's why LeBron has been known more for "choking" than for much else during his career.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Boozer also wasn't playing with turf toe a year ago.

6. jlwee

jlwee Member

Seriously it wasn't Lebron, Rose and Durant's fault when the media and journalist over-hyped them. They are/were all young superstars and future of the league but that didn't make them unbeatable!

And I find it extremely stupid to label these players choker everytime they lost to a better team. Lebron lost to the celtics, he choked and quit. Rose defended by the better player and lost. He sucks and choked. They simply lost to a better TEAM how does that make them choke???

7. Steve_Francis_rules

Did you actually watch the Magic-Hawks series? Dwight "got owned"? Why, because his team lost? The guy put up 27/16 while shooting 63% from the floor. Nobody else on his team showed up, except the one blowout game in Orlando.

If Rose had elevated his play in this series (or just not sucked), he wouldn't be getting this criticism. He's not being criticized because he lost, but because he was terrible, especially in the fourth quarters of games (20% shooting, missed free throws in games 4 and 5 that lost the game).

8. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

I meant his team. Isnt that the point of MVP? Being able to help your team win no matter how bad/good your team is.

Rose has been in the league for 3 threes and has already started making big improvements. No doubt he was terrible but when a team is able to focus that much attention on a player you have to be very well rounded to overcome it. Thats why the stuff said here is ridiculous. When he tried to attack the rim he would get double/triple teamed. If he tried to shoot he would have to shoot over a 6-8 freak of nature.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Depends on your definition of superstar. Was Calvin Murphy a superstar? Dave Bing? Dennis Johnson? These guys were very good players, but I wouldn't classify any of them as superstars. There are others as well.

10. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Looks like somebody lost a lot of money on this game...

11. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'd take him on my team.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nobody can do it alone. What do you think the MVP is, god? This isn't nba 2k11, you can dominate your matchup as much as you can but if the rest of your teammates play like crap you're going to lose. Look at the heat, the only reason they're winning so much is because they have Lebron on their team, someone who can play 45 minutes a game at a high level. If he wasn't there and you replace him with someone even just a little bit worse I don't see the heat making the 2nd round. That's because they don't have any bench, and 2 of their starting 5 are actually bench calibre players.

13. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

Do you know how they choose MVP? Having a winning team is important.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Fixed.

15. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

OMG, dude was being guarded by 5 players the whole time. Of those five player's 2 of them are Hall of Famer's and one is an All-Star. He's 22 and has some much going for him.

The guy can only learn from this and get better, as far as taking away his MVP. It's not like when Dirk won MVP and lost in the first round, they guy stepped his game up.

Everyone expects a Kobe, Lebron performance and he is an elite player but he is not there yet.

16. lalala902102001

Rose is going to get a lot of heat for his dismal performance in the Heat series. Will that make him get better or break his confidence? Time shall tell. Remember the kid is only 22 years old.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

"fixed it for you"

Really EVERYONE goes for a storyline. Thats how we're able to have such wide speculations on sports matters to begin with. (Yes I'm including Clutchfan'ers). Thats one of the first things I look for in a post, if someone is creating a storyline where events seem scripted and arriving at a desirable outcome. Trying to manifest things into plot.

Thats great for active imaginations and creativity. Me, I don't care for that. I don't mind awards being a "dispersal of recognition" among many instead of one player getting 9 straight MVP awards. But I didnt see how he was a more important player than Dwight Howard who's been deserving for a while.

18. ommy48

ommy48 Member

ONE OF THE DUMBEST POSTS OF ALL TIME IN THESE FORUMS....and that is saying a lot considering all of the Laker trolls that hide in here. How many teams can trap a PG 35 feet from the bucket with 2-3 guys, and get away with it, because the rest of the Bulls team can't execute 4-2 and 4-3 advantages. If I had a nickel for every time Boozer missed an and-1 or Noah/Gibson screwed up I would be rich right now. Go count how many defenders were on Rose when he got in the lane. Hell he had to beat 2 people just to get to the rim, where he was met by two more people each and every time.

New headline should be:

NOIZE IS A KNEE-JERK DUMBASS, REVOKE HIS CLUTCH MEMBERSHIP NOW.

Could we just come up with a dumbass free zone (or DFZ for short), where people who cannot help themselves from hyperbolic drivel get to talk amongst themselves in some schizophrenic chat room, and leave the rest of us sane individuals alone. If you feel the urge to pull a Skip Bayless or Steven A. Smith, feel free to frequent an ESPN forum and stop annoying us with your nonsense.....

19. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

He's not even a good player. He's bordering on being a negative to his team.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Are you talking about Derrick Rose? I really hope not. To say Derrick Rose is not a good player is just wrong. It's not correct. It's like saying 1+1=7. It's just wrong. Period.

We can argue if Rose is better than Chris Paul, Dwill, or Nash. But to say he's not even a good player is incorrect.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though and say you are talking about Boozer instead or Keith Bogans.

1 person likes this.