1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Vince Young

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ramirezallen1, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. codell

codell Contributing Member

Says here in the Chronical that VY won't exactly be happy as a backup:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7388824.html

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I was a huge Vince Young fan, even since he was in high school.

But the dude is nowhere near an elite NFL quarterback.

I don't even think he's the best NFL quarterback from UT for what it's worth..

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Lock this, please. There is no reason to have this discussion for the 1,308,789th time.

By the way, McNultyisdrunk, I'd be one of those "t-shirt" fans you referred to. Why don't you give me one good reason I can't root for the team I've followed for most of my life (another discussion that's been more than beat to death). I don't quite understand why I'm stupid for being a fan even if I got my degrees elsewhere.

#23 leroy, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
    3 people like this.
  4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

repped if i could. how sad are these folks that they have to keep making this argument? get the **** over it already.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

there's no "might". He already is better. Orlovsky sucks.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Another VY thread?

Scandalously shocking!

[​IMG]

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I would hate to have Vince as our backup. Every time Matt throws an incomplete pass, the chants would start for Vince Young. The Texans already have enough problems without adding problem child Vince Young.

Also, Orlovsky has played in so few games in the NFL, I don't know how you can label him "probably the worst backup QB in the NFL". I didn't think he looked very good in the pre-season last year, but I haven't seen enough of him to know how he ranks among all backups in the NFL.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was giving VY a small chance of being able to get his head right after the titans let him go...maybe it would humble him. But then , during that espn interview he laughs loudy when asked if he would consider going someone and being a backup.

maturity obviously does not come wth age

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

does 0-16 mean anything to you?

not to mention this gem:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vGs1VuT6FEw" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

11. ramirezallen1

ramirezallen1 Member

It was just a thought for VY. I never said he was a top priority. :mad:

12. Major

Major Member

Some people have an innate need to feel superior to others. This whole "I'm a real fan; you're not" is one common way of doing so.

13. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

There was a sit-down interview with Vince aired on ESPN yesterday, and when asked if he could take a backup role he laughed and said "that's funny".

Then he gave the PC statement about competing and doing what's best for the team.

I'm assured the guy is still as immature as ever and will never grow into a disciplined player. If we signed him, there would be a ****storm of turmoil especially with him having so much support in this town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.