1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 11/3/2010

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

CP3's a great post-up PG. They continually isolated Paul on the block last season and let him go to work on the more diminutive Brooks. Paul has a definite strength advantage over AB.

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The Rockets have the worst chemistry of any team right now and will continue to do until the Yao experiment gets changed, which might be never.

3. Gertso

Gertso Member

Wow. :p

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well, it is two different teams that are playing - one with Yao and one without and us fans are yelling for the coach's head after just 3 games (see the "Should Rick Adelman be fired" thread if you don't believe me). He is just doing what the GM is asking him to do even though it is hurting the team, IMO.

5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Thorton lit up the spurs because he poses a mis-match problem for them, they simply don't have anybody of that body type that can guard him, whereas we have courtney Lee, who is pretty much tailor made to stop a 6'4 two guard. Of course that's if the coaches actually give him decent minutes.

6. mazinger

mazinger Member

Rockets will lose if:

1) Adleman puts in Yao with the 2nd unit. Yao SHOULD NEVER see the floor while Lee, Budinger and Lowry are out on the floor.

2) Chuck thinks he's and offensive player and starts trying to score. The only time he should be scoring is when getting an offensive rebound or someone dishes him the ball under the basket for a layup.

3) Brooks doesn't give Yao the ball.

7. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

is erica gonna play? i dont see him on the roster yet.

8. lalala902102001

I'm afraid that Ariza is going to kill us (with Shane defending him) this game.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

My Keys to the game:

-David West, David West, David West.

West always kills the Rockets because of Scola's terrible defense and lack of support on the pick and roll from Brooks with the help defense off of screens. If the Rockets want to take home a win then these two players need to play outside of their relm and actually play defense.

-Get Martin going early.

The earlier the better. If Martin can penatrate the lane and somehow get their bigs in foul trouble this could be the only way to win the rebounding battle with Okafur and West.

-No open 3's

Make their wing players go to hoop rather than allowing open jump shots.
    Ariza is no playmaker but if he gets his feet set he will drill open 3's all day long from CP3's driving ability. We all know when Ariza puts the ball on the floor nothing good can happen. Stay on Bellineli and Ariza and make Paul finish around the hoop with Yao and hopefully Hill providing rim protection. Make Paul beat you by becoming more Kobe Bryant than Steve Nash. No open

-Emphasis on rebounding.

Jordan Hill should provide rim protection behind Yao if he actually can make the rotation. Look for him to be active off the glass when Okafur is not in the game. When in the game Yao and Miller should try and keep a body on him at all times. He isnt much offensively but he keeps the ball alive and could cause hell for second chance points which could decide the game.

1 person likes this.
  10. mrjuandiego1988

1-3 here we come...... i hope!

11. Sandman

Sandman Member

We're 72% favorites on espn.com, expectations are apparently high...

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Back to number one fan everytime they play. I feel a win coming today. Its in the air! :cool:

13. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Whats the best website to bet online for sporting events? Im looking around and I cannot seem to find a really attractive one. Much appreciated

14. Raven

Raven Member

God Mode goes for 30!

Book it!

15. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

how long till game time?

16. BiggestWinner

BiggestWinner Member

Not in Houston. Anyone got a link to watch online?

Thanks!

17. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

I'm going to take a wild guess here and guess that the "je ne sais quoi" that you're referring to might be the fact that we have no wins and 3 losses and the incessant panicking in every thread in the GARM for the last week.

18. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

LOL. This team totally blows. :) ............ :eek: ............My Mind.
    They're so fun, just good entertainment for the whole family.

19. BossRolen

BossRolen Member

For the love of GOD....give us our first win. 0-4 sounds like suicide to me.

Oh and I hope AB jumps up and knocks Trevor Ariza out with a swift kick in the face.

20. BAM

BAM Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.