1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo!] Carmelo privately expressing more enthusiasm to join Rockets than Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

So you are going to use this against him that happened 4 years ago?

People change dude. Melo would make the Rockets better if we dont have to trade Martin AND Brooks to get him. Its as simple as that.

Character issues are so overrated.

2. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

This is homerism at its best. Absolutely ridiculous post.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

a couple things

Sloan's dirty tactics never won Utah ****. Also, that is a different scenario. In the case of the Jazz, it is the team culture to be dirty, cheap, and cowardly. That is different from a single player being tough and aggressive. Like I said earlier, can you name me a championship team without one dirtbag? Not to mention Carmelo is hardly in that group.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What did Artest do that was the "wrong" way? When he was here, he played great defense, stood up for his teammates, called out the guys not giving effort, and was a leader. I LOVED the attitude Ron brought here.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Aww you're so noble.

We are not worthy. We are not worthy.

Well we haven't won ish in forever. I prefer winning. Period.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was just saying that sometimes character is more important than rings.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

but in that case, they got no rings

that is also an extreme scenario ;)

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Not homerism at all. I don't like certain players who play certain ways, and if the Rockets was primarily made up of those kinds of players I wouldn't be a Rockets fan.

It's almost the opposite of homerism. If the Rockets had one player that acted like that and the rest didn't I would still cheer for the Rockets but hate having that player on the team.

If that one player was a marquis player that became the face of the Rockets it would be difficult to be as enthusiastic of a fan as I am right now.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks, FB. Yeah, that was an ugly incident for today's league. That looked more like '80's ball to me. I had to chuckle when Isiah Thomas was interviewed later. He was very matter of fact about it. The Nuggets were up nearly 20 with about a minute and a half left and they were doing 360 dunks and the like, showing off. And he was right that Anthony and Camby shouldn't have even been in the game. The Knicks felt like the Nuggets were showing them up. That doesn't excuse what Collins did, which was a cheap flagrant II foul that could have injured the other guy. I saw what you meant, though. Anthony got into the mix and made sure to punch Collins, which I could understand, but then he hauled ass. Not very pretty. No, it didn't look good. It was 4 years ago, so maybe he's grown as a player and a man since then. I don't know.

One has to wonder. As for the fight itself, I didn't think it was really that huge a deal. Certainly the league must have, however, things being like they are today. The punch and run was very lame by Melo, who didn't look too mellow. Maybe a little yellow. Yellow Melo! :p

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's not homerism it's more like mediocrity-ism :confused:

I want a team that wins. I would choose to win a ring with a team of douches than be stuck in were we are now...Basketball purgatory.

You root for your team regardless and if you don't like the character of the guys and they are winning games and championships then there's the door. Someone can't wait to join the party in here.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

This thread is getting a little off track...

[​IMG]

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Epic fail lol

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm not disagreeing with this, but there is no way Melo can be put in a category like that imo

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

if we got carmelo and he hadn't made the nba finals within 4 years, provided it wasn't him giving up, we'd probably owe the guy a trade for the tail end of his career for sucking with such a good lineup.

Loyalty is a 2 way street, the days of master slave, king peasant are long gone.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No, I got a little off topic. I don't think Melo plays like those guys night in and night out. That's a good thing.

I do think character is something to take into effect, but I haven't been paying enough attention to know if Melo has undergone some maturing over the past 4 years, which you have said he has.

My position on Melo may be somewhat softened, but not completely reversed.

16. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Got Melo yet?

17. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

"Just win baby" - Al Davis.

Seriously, what constitutes "winning the right way"? Melo is a winner, and he's been further in the playoffs as the alpha dog then any other person on our team.

Everyone has bones in the closet. Is it fair to judge Aaron Brooks because he threw that cheap shot at Ryan Applebee in college?

DsD

1 person likes this.
  18. southsyed

southsyed Member

To be fair, DD had no idea who Aaron Brooks was before we drafted him.

19. ramirezallen1

ramirezallen1 Member

Look I like reading other peoples opinions but we need melo to become that team. So people that are bringing up negative things about him just sit down shut up. Their new GM needs to just trade him to Houston so we can get this ring and laugh at The Miami Trio for not doing their job being a super team.

Go Rockets!!!!
    DM bring Melo to Houston

20. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

WOW! Man he literally "popped" the guy. Listen to that at the 44 second mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.