1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Lebron goes to Miami....the Rockets will suffer.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jul 8, 2010.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

You may think i'm crazy because i know most of you only care about those knicks draft picks but hear me out. Lebron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh all on the same team. I dont know about you guys, but this team has CHAMPIONSHIP written all over it. At the end of the day its not about how many times you win your division, conference, or anything of that sort. It all comes down to the RINGS.

You have 2 of the top 3 players in the NBA on the same team...3 of the top 10 players on the same team including Bosh. Lebron almost single handedly brought Cleveland a championship and had the best record during the regular season. You pair up this guy with Wade and Bosh and you can kiss the season goodbye for all the other teams in the league.

I know many of you keep bringing up role players blah blah blah. Riley isn't an idiot, he knows that saavy vetereans will come calling willing to play for a chance at a championship. In addition you don't need any more all stars or superstars........role players usually make 1-4 million dollars a year. If I was a role player i would definitely take less money in order to go to Miami and win a Championship.....wouldn't you ?

In conclusion TALENT most of the time wins championships. The only team in the last 20 years that wasn't very talented were the Rockets first championship....and the only reason they won it all was becaus Hakeem Olajuwon was the best player in the NBA by far. On paper no team is better than this heat team IF Lebron goes to Miami.

1 person likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It will be a tough team to beat that is for sure. We can only hope that they are surrounded by a bunch of useless scrubs.

You still have to play the games.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Who cares, they are in the East.

If we lose to Miami in the Finals, I will deem that a successful season.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It's way too early to be dreaming about difficulties in a matchup with Miami in the Finals. How about we get there first? High picks from New York would help.

5. Rocketfanatic2

The Heat will more than likely be a very solid team, but there is a problem aside from the role players. There's only one ball to go around, and I don't know if Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are always gonna like that. Also, if you read my sig, the quote by Babe could end up describing this situation perfectly. They gotta play together.

6. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

100% agree. I wouldn't feel bad losing bad to the greatest assembly of superstars in sports history.

7. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You really can't make the assummption that throwing the best players together automatically makes you a championship caliber team.
    There is a chemistry that comes with playing together. Look at the Argentinian team that beat team U.S.A. Hell the Spain team that hung till Kobe went Kobe in the final minutes of the game, those are two of the best examples of pure talent vs. a team that's has great chemistry.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I just this posted this in the dish but it applies here too..

9. ramirezallen1

ramirezallen1 Member

Okay I know we all hate the lakers but come on now yu have the three superstars on one team but it takes a team to win a championship not three gossip gurls that can't win a championship with their drafted teams and with the lakers who's gonna hold Bynum or Kobe and artest is bound to push someone of those guys buttons this means nothing to our season that's how I see it.

10. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I agree with the OP. While I know everyone is thinking about the Knicks' picks, a trio with Wade, Bosh, and Lebron is going to be really hard to stop. Wade and Lebron are both excellent passers so I don't see a huge problem with ball distribution. But who knows, maybe this whole thing will just blow up.

11. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

if Lebron goes to Miami
    at least we know New York will suck

12. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Add a healthy Tmac (BIG IF) lol to the mix with LBJ, D-Wade and Bosh. Wow what a team!

13. sammy

I would love that actually. Mcgrady's defense is so crappy.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

They have no supporting cast. Like every other team, we'll have at least a three year window while they try to put together an actual team instead of just three great players. Our bench would crush theirs, and our starting five wouldn't do as badly as you might expect.

I'd rather LeBron go back to Cleveland, obviously, but if it's a choice between New York and Miami for LeBron? I'll take Miami. Screw New York teams. I hope the Knicks become perpetual losers and give everyone else plenty of ammunition to make fun of New York.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You seem to think you're sharing a revelation with us. Well here's a revelation for you: winning is never guaranteed. I'm going to enjoy beating that team, if it does happen that way.

16. sammy

Perry Jones FTW!!

I see Morey shopping the 2012 NY pick though..

17. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

i dont understand how these three are gunna play together if they all require the ball alot...dwayne has always been the guy on his team that has the ball and so has bosh and lebron...i still dont think lebron is going to miami i just think that they reported this to speculate and get more viewers to watch the program

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well to suffer we have to at least make it to the finals first.

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I just don't see Wade and LeBron working well together on offense. They are practically the same type of players.

Honestly, I think the really good defensive teams (like the Lakers, Celtics, Magic, and Bobcats) can slow that team down tremendously on offense.

And while this situation would be somewhat similar to Boston's situation a few years ago... in theory. It really isn't the same. Allen, Garnett, and Pierce were great fits together.

For this first season, I'd take Orlando, a healthy Boston, and the Lakers in a playoff series against these guys.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Bosh is a really good PF, but he's not a C.

Be an interesting mix with the three of them - 2 perimeter and a PF is a good combo, but I wonder how Wade and James will function in the same offense. No doubt they'll work very effectively, but it might not be the lay-down championship everyone thinks it will be.

When it comes to stopping Dwight Howard, that Heat team will struggle. Both the Magic and the ageing Celtics will take some beating - both have much deeper rosters than that Miami team would.

And if one of them is injured - well, you wonder how that would look.

So many variables AND they are in the East - so if we lose to them in the Finals then oh well, at least we made the finals!