1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 7 officiating

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kracka0476, May 15, 2009.

1. redao

redao Member

Book it. Scola will be in foul trouble before Hayes.

2. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Agreed. I'm taking some mild sedatives pre-game to help me prepare.

3. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

Two words: Tim Donaghy :

1 person likes this.
  4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Great post. I would rep you if I could, but I am still too new on this board.

5. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist when it comes to the NBA, and Tim Donaghy of course only added fuel to that.

However if the Rockets end up beating LA (yes, IF, I don't want to jinx them), I will officially put those theories to rest.

There is no way in hell Stern and the NBA want a team with No Yao, No Tmac, no marketable superstar at all going further in the playoffs and definitely not into the finals.

Everybody loves a good underdog story, but not more than they love cash in their pockets.

LeBron James vs Kobe Bryant OR LeBron James vs a team of no-names lead by a headcase. It's a no brainer for the NBA to push for LA to win, so if the Rockets pull it out, I'm off the conspiracy bandwagon for good.

Oh wait.. maybe Stern wants the Rox to win, to shut-up all of the people who think the league is rigged.. hmmm... ;)

6. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

I have been telling anyone who would listen that the NBA is wrestling. I was an NCAA official for years and have several NBA officials that are friends. When this subject comes up, I get an official "roll of the eyes". When I have brought it up on here I have been called a conspiracy nut.

Any series where nobody is watching will end in 5 games or less. All series with big fan interest is going to go 7. Most game 7's end in a blowout by the team stern wants to move on to the next round because he doesn't want it too close to leave to chance or luck. you had 2 of the largest NBA tv markets in Houston and LA. It was going 7. my gut is we will definitely get Crawford/Bavetta or both. If that is the case, write up a Laker win by 20 or more to keep the Bron/Kobe final in tact.

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Sorry I meant Joey Crawford. Must have had a moment when I was typing.

I got this information from several websites. First from Spurstalk and confirmed in several others.

It's entirely possible that some guy pulled it out his ass, and others started spreading it after reading it. Though, everytime Lakers get a win I do remember Crawford being in it (even when the Lakers were againts the Suns).

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

If that is true, then there should be an investigation, and someone should go to jail. Perhaps David Stern himself.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I can confirm that at least half of this true. I only managed to find one game which Joey Crawford was involved in when the Lakers lost, and that was the game 6 of Boston vs Lakers when Lakers were blown out by 40 points. Over the past 20 games + I did not see any other Laker losses which involved Joey Crawford.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

if we make our shots, no ref in the world can bring us down

11. rua2006

rua2006 Member

Boston-Orlando is getting Salvatore, we're getting Joey Crawford. I wonder if the league knows we can see right through these decisions. We all know what it wants.

12. uthtmc1999

uthtmc1999 New Member

Rockets tend to collapse in Game 7. If that happens again, we cannot blame refs anymore.

13. CoolGui

CoolGui Member

Are these statements all true? Can you show me anything that backs it up? If it is, those are jaw dropping stats...

14. mic

mic Contributing Member

I just hope Artest keeps his lid on. I think he did a good job last game. I didn't mind it before, but in Game 7, we absolutely HAVE to keep our cool. It's essential.

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

You know what's funny? Taking a glimpse at some Lakers forums today, they have an interesting view about Kobe and the officials.

They agree, like most of us, that Kobe gets called differently. Except they think...wait for it...that some nights the calls are unfair because THEY NEVER BLOW THE WHISTLE ON KOBE'S DEFENDERS. These are the same people that complain that Lebron and Wade gets calls left and right, but Kobe is a victim of poor officiating.

The irony is suffocating.

16. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Tim Donaghy also alleged, in the first round match up with the Mavs and the Rockets in 2005, that they were directed to take it to seven games.

I blame this for the reason the Rockets lost that first round match up since they had game five stolen from them by terrible officiating and it would never have gotten to game seven. Rockets win that series in five or six if not for the officiating. The fact that Donaghy specifically mentioned that series, a series that JVG got a $100,000 fine for critisizing the refs, a series that had a ref phone JVG and tell him that they were going to change the way they were refing Yao Ming, and a series that it was obvious that an owner of a team influences the officiating almost made me want to quit watching basketball.

I will never be convinced, after knowing a lot of the details of that series, and just WATCHING the games, that series was not controlled by the refs to send it back to game seven, and ultimately costing the Rockets a pretty clear path to the West Finals. Which is a shame, because I believe 2005 was really McGrady's chance to take a team pretty far. He was dominating in that series, he really took his game to a high level.

17. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

you're about to see one on Sunday then.. get your popcorn rdy.

18. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Direct from his chat on ESPN:

William (NY): Am I crazy to want to see DEN-CLE instead of LA-CLE in the finals?

J.A. Adande: (3:18 PM ET ) That would provide more fun matchups. Not just LBJ-Melo, but Birdman and Varejao, 2 of the best energy guys of this era. Denver is a more colorful team than the Lakers.

J.A. Adande: (3:19 PM ET ) But with so much at stake financially, I seriously wonder how the game will be officiated on Sunday. The biggest shame would be if the refs hand Game 7 to the Lakers. What's even worse is that's what everyone expects to happen.

19. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I freakin hate Joey Crawford.. why can't they put yesterday's crew on the game?? geez...

20. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Breaking News: The NBA has anounced a merger with the WWE, a highly renowned wrestling company. WWE coordinators will work in tangent with NBA referees to ensure more discreet fixing of games.