1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ticket arrogance?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, May 15, 2009.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

so my friend just told me about this

but apparently the lakers had a presale yesterday for tickets for the WCF

tickets for the WCF go on sale to the public TODAY

http://www.nba.com/lakers/tickets/0809_po_tickets.html

uhm isnt there a game to be played on Sunday?

I guess the team arrogance goes to all facets of the operations

I mean I dont think the Rockets have sold tickets to games 3 and 4 yet (unless you are a season ticket holder) have they?

man I SO am going to pray to every freakin God out there for the Rockets to win on Sunday

2. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Wow, are they coming out and just admitting that the NBA is rigged or just arrogant? This is crazy...

3. cson

cson Contributing Member

They were going to play a game there sunday regardless. It could have been the WCF.

4. The_Yoyo

i understand that but usually teams tend to wait till something is definite before selling tickets to the following round/game to the public.

season ticket holders are a different story

they could have easily waited until after the outcome of game 6 to sell the way the rockets do with their games.

and could easily sell tickets right after game 7 on sunday IF the lakers win

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

He's talking about "Western Conference Finals" tickets, not 2nd round tickets, sir. :eek:

Hey, let's sell NBA 2009 FINALS tickets for the Toyota Center... no? :rolleyes:

6. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

Yessiree. This. I'm sure the Staples Center had a schedule in place for their presale well before this series went to 7. Tickets probably are going on sale to the general public today. They had to anticipate the two possible outcomes of last night.

#6 ccada, May 15, 2009
    Last edited: May 15, 2009
  7. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I hope it's just a mistake. Otherwise, that's disgusting.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

That just makes me... so angry!

9. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Wow.

I hope this information finds its way to the rockets...it could only motivate them more.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the lakers do this all the time. the warriors did this too before they beat the mavs a few years ago. nothing arrogant.

they just want fans to get the tix as early as possible.

11. The_Yoyo

do they?

I live in LA and I dont remember this last year or the previous years they were in the playoffs

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Lots of teams do this in every sport. I remember a bunch of people being stuck with NLCS tickets for the Astros before they had lost in the NLDS. Actually, I'm surprised the Rockets aren't having a presale for the WCF, too.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

oh yea. i used to live in LA (now in SF for school). during the phoenix-suns series when they had a 3-1 lead and when the series was tied 3-3, they did the same thing. i believe they did the same last yr as i got emails regarding presales when their current series wasn't over.

i think teams with large/rabid fan bases do this. i remember the warriors did that during the mavs series too.

it's just business procedure i think.

14. cson

cson Contributing Member

Yeah, so Swoly and Yoyo please exit my arse to the left. The Marketeers have this **** ready to roll and scheduled regardless of what those w/ knowledge or devoted fanship think.

Things are often sold, then refunded once history is altered.

15. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Let them keep looking beyond the next game, that's just where we want them.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It would be irresponsible of the Lakers to not start selling WCF tickets. I assume the first game is Tuesday and if they win Sunday, they would only have late Sunday to start selling tickets.

The Rockets are a different story. Game one at Toyota Center won't be until next weekend so there is plenty of time to get tickets sold and distributed.

My guess is that if the Mavericks were in the WCF, the Rockets would be selling game one tickets as well.

1 person likes this.
  17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I like your attitude, CrazyDave, el loco. :D

Bullllllllllllllllchit.

If that is the case, then why isn't there an explanation of what will happen about refunds or sold tickets "IF" the Fakers don't make it to the WCF, sir? :eek:

18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

They have to start the presale now, they have homecourt against the nuggets. If they wait until the game is over Sunday afternoon they really only have one day to sell tickets to a Tuesday home game. We'd do the same thing if the situation was reversed.

19. rua2006

rua2006 Member

Before you guys jump the gun, the Rockets did the same thing in 2007 when we had a Game 7 against Utah. It's just the fact that if you're going to have home court in the next round, and you win that Game 7, there's no time to sell the tickets after that game. You have to start beforehand.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Typical LA arrogance... can't do nothing about their cockiness. :rolleyes: