1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Basketball gods work in mysterious ways.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alcatrazpsycho, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. famicom

famicom Member

Utah will suprisingly win the series against the Lakers as the Rockets win theirs. Suddenly the Rockets will have an easier outlook than the other bracket...

2. MYLEVL

MYLEVL Member

thats a losers attitude

3. Yak

Yak Member

My thoughts exactly.

I'm not sure if anyone expected us to get to the Finals or somehow get past the Lakers, but I think it was safe to say that if we managed to win this game and take the 2 seed or stay in the 3 seed, we had a great chance of winning our first round series and a fairly good chance in winning our second round, giving us a berth in the WCF.

I think getting to the WCF would have been a great confidence boost going into next season, knowing that the team they built has had success and can actually contend.

But now we are stuck (most likely) the 5th seed, playing against Portland. Granted, we do have their number, but they are a team that is very strong at home and uses the crowd to fuel their inexperienced play.

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

But Tracy will finally get out of the first round.

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

There is no more pressure. I'm being serious. Yes the playoffs are pressure, yes the Rockets haven't gotten to the second round in 10+ years.

Think about this. The Rockets now play a Portland team that all the experts love, that plays basically exactly how Houston plays. Inside-out with 3 pt shooters.

For the first time in two years, we don't have to sit nervously hoping the Rockets hold home court the first two games. All the pressure in those two games are on the Blazers. Then imagine if we steal one of those first 2 games...the Blazers will have more pressure on them.

6. ringin08

ringin08 Member

There is still a lot of pressure for the fans. If the Rockets mess up and lose another first round series, this team will not be consider a contender and will probably go into rebuilding mode again.

That is not a recipe that is attractive to me at least right now.

7. alcatrazpsycho

Prior to our loss, we were all rooting for Portland to win so we could have the #2 seed...
    Funny how fast things turn around huh?

The Rockets are underdogs. Always have been. We've always been written off by "experts."

Imagine the pressure of being a top-3-seeded team and not making it past the first round.
    Now imagine the pressure of being division champs and not making it past the first round.
    We all don't want to talk about it, but we haven't been past the first round in a long, long time.

We've always talked about western conference finals, yet we haven't made that first step yet.

With all that pressure gone, the Rockets can finally get that first round monkey off their back.

Peace.

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

at least you underhandedly admit to having low confidence on this team.. when the pressure is high..

as far as everything else.. such games of high pressure.. are not done presenting themselves to this Rockets team.. we are entering the playoffs.. afterall.. this team crumbled in such a game against the Mavs.. they can do the same.. against Portland.. NO..

9. max14

max14 Member

I was crushed by this loss but all things considered it's not too bad.

10. alcatrazpsycho

I admit, like Daryl Morey, that I rely on stats.
    Remember the Chicago loss? How ridiculous it was? Remember how we bounced back?

I think the playoffs have gotten much more exciting.

11. Electro

Electro Member

alright does this still stand?

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

The Rockets haven't even made it out of the first round yet. How do you think we'll win the championship?

13. Electro

Electro Member

nah, i just checked nba.com
    shows they made it out of the first.
    hmmm....

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I still Beleive!

Rocket River

15. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

but Ron will go into the stands and come out looking better than when he went in :D

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

But we will win a championship anyway in 2009. WOOO!!!!!

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

But depend on what your goal is. We would have had greater chance to advance to the WCF had we not lost the Dallas game.

18. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Also a lesser chance to get out of the first round.

19. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Wow I almost forgot just how damned good he is. Or was. Whatever. Sigh.

20. rua2006

rua2006 Member

I know. It confuses and frustrates you, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.