1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

THE Right Brain vs Left Brain test

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Invisible Fan, Oct 11, 2007.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

The standing leg changes. She is actually standing on her right leg while going counter-clockwise, and the left while spinning clockwise.

2. IVFL

IVFL Member

I can make it go both ways, I just concentrate on the one foot at the bottom and imagine it going the opposite way that I currently see it going. I must say, its weird though. Kinda like looking at those old 3d magic eye pictures :eek:

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

:confused:
    wtf?

screen cap

5. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

It's a trick. She's just going back and forth from left to right. Does that make me a No Brain?

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

After looking at that thing for the last thirty minutes, I'm dizzy as hell. I will never see it going counter clockwise.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

hit esc while she's spinning. you will see the light.

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

9. tomato

tomato Member

I spent a lot fo time trying to make it go CCW...and it worked! I can switch back and forth now, it's wild

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

ok i just tried a little trick of slowing down the gif by clicking and dragging on the pic

i can now see how someone can "think" she is turning counterclockwise.. however, if you use any depth perception at all its clearly clockwise.. if you turn off your depth perception, especially below the waist, its easy to imagine it going the other way.

11. tulexan

tulexan Member

that was pretty cool. i first saw it clockwise and then counter clockwise.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

13. Major

Major Member

I don't pretend to know how this works:

Turning on the Left Leg:

[​IMG]

Turning on the Right Leg:

[​IMG]

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

also, if the dancer is turning CCW then you have to assume that her leg is being elevated as it gets closer thus giving the illusion of it getting shorter..

its just flip flopped.

i finally figured out how to make my brain force itself to see the CCW spin on th fly. but i still maintain that the more natural movement is CW.

15. Major

Major Member

I think if you freeze-frame it at any given time, the pivot foot will always be pointing away from you (or straight sideways). Not sure about that, but I think it's how the leg that's rotating switches between left and right.

16. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

damn i saw both! now i juist see clockwise...im trying to see counter clockwise again

17. Coolrush

Coolrush Contributing Member

I saw it go counter clockwise at first but after coming back to it a bit later it was clockwise.

18. BigTex

BigTex Member

wow at first i thought theres no way than could be counter, but then i saw it after a few more tries

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

When I first opened the thread I saw it counter clockwise. But then I closed the thread and looked at it again and I only see clockwise now. I can't figure out how I saw counter clockwise in the first place.

I'm a language type person, never really been good at the maths or sciences through grade school. But over the past 2 years, I've been able to finally understand math for some reason.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i am a pretty good mix of left and right brain and i can only see clockwise. i tried only looking at her feet. then i tried covering up the body and plant leg to view the spinning leg as a pendulum and that didn't work. i just can't see counter clockwise. and i don't get how people are saying her legs are switching. maybe i am blind but i look at the arch on the foot and it doesn't change.