1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[VIDEO GAMES] What are you playing?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FlyerFanatic, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Coolrush

Coolrush Contributing Member

Right now Im playing Super robot wars Alpha on my comp on a psx emu and Buldars Gate 2. On my PS2, Im playing Resident Evil 4, Suikoden 5 and Mobile suit Gundam: MS Saga. I have an X-box but I havent played anything on it in almost a year.

2. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

NCAA 2008 - playing 2008/9 season with UT. Jamal Charles took off early and I'm stuck with Vondrell McGee, and he's a fumble machine.

3. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I actually haven't been playing much recently. That'll change within the next few weeks. Mostly:

Brave Story (PSP)
    Tales Of The World (PSP)

4. Poloshirtbandit

This is the longest I can remember staying with any game. I'll usually play a couple of rounds before I go to sleep when I get home from work at night.

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ArmA: Combat Operations

6. killtaker

killtaker Contributing Member

Civilization: Beyond the Sword.

7. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

GH2 ( just downloaded some of the packs.. gotta love Killer Queen!)

Gears of War (it never gets old, i hope some of us guys can get together and run some matches like before)

Saints Row (so much to do.. so little time)

Missle Command (gotta love the classics)

all these are for 360 of course.

8. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Still playing Oblivion, trying to complete every quest in:
    the original, Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, Mehrunes Razor, and Orrery. After that, will look into mods.

9. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Is Brave Story good?

10. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Same here.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Is that game good? My 360 just got back from repair and I have a bunch of games I havnt even opened yet because its been broken for so long (Saints Row, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Godfather, Call of Duty 3, and Dead Rising). I just opened Dead Rising and am playing that now.

12. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

definitely down for that. lets get this rolling

13. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Right now I'm playing

Baten Kaitos: Origins for the GC

and

Advance Wars 2 for the GBA

nearly done with both. BKO might be my favorite game of this last gen. It's funny because I wrote off the GC rpgs due to the sheer amount the PS2 had, but the ones the GC have are better than the vast majority of PS2 ones. I know I had more fun with the BKs(particularly Origins), Symphonia and paper mario than I did the final fantasies.

14. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Grand Theft Walrus

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

HAHA, I just saw that yesterday

16. Cook1ez

Cook1ez Member

Devil May Cry 1 on my ps2.
    once i get the ps3, i might buy the entire set...this game is so sick LOL
    and also games i frequently play are NBA live, WWE S Vs. R 2007, Mortal Kombat Armageddon and NFL Streets 3.

Good games man;)

17. Coach AI

Dead Rising is great.

Saints Row is like a GTA parody as well as clone. Structure and feel are very similar, with the story/acting very over the top. (Voice acting is pretty professional though).

The thing about SR is that it is fun, and (until the new one comes out anyway) it actually does some things better than the current GTA games. Much better physics (explosions and collisions in the game are awesome), much better graphics and much better shooting/aiming system. It even has online multiplayer.

It's very old school JRPG. Some of the characters are kind of cliched, as is what I've seen of the story (so far), but it is an extremely solid turn based game with really great graphics for the PSP.

Combat is turn based with some added features (special abilities, 'unison' attacks with other characters, monsters will become 'crazed' depending on how the battle is going, etc.). Overall I've been enjoying it, and from what I've seen there aren't too many regular RPGs on the PSP.

#37 Coach AI, Aug 12, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Thanks, I think I'll open Saints Row now. Dead Rising is fun but when you die, you have to start from the begining. And my tv is too small so I cant read the conversations. Killing the Zombies is great though.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Guitar Hero 2 on ps2.

3 more ****ing songs on Expert.

(******* that 580 note closing solo on Hangar 18)

20. Coach AI

Yeah, an SD tv is killer on DR. Why they never fixed that I don't know.

Also the save system is very different. You have to get to the bathrooms to save, but if you wait too long you lose a lot of progress. What I actually did was play through the game once not really caring about many of the missions/rescues just to try and get pretty far in the game.

That way you level up. So when you replay you get to keep your last character. You'll be faster, better equipped and stronger. Makes it easier to actually play the story missions.