1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Youtube] SI.com's Most Gruesome/Bizarre Injuries

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Achilleus, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Nothing comes close to Tom Pryce. Then again, not really an injury. If you don't know what it is and decide to search for it, be glad digital television didn't exist at the time. There's a 2 second clip on YouTube which is very disturbing.

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Dude, I just looked up that video. That was one of the sickest things I have ever seen! :eek:

I mean, damn, one guy behaded and the other pretty much chopped in half?! I definitely could have gone without ever seeing that one.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

i watched the pryce thing. i threw up. thanks.

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Sorry, guys. Guess I should have warned you--but that would have spoiled the fun!

5. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I watched all the Tom Pryce videos on Youtube. Several angles. And I can't really see much of anything. There is some debris and a body flying through the air but it's much too quick to make out anything. And certainly not gruesome.

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I can understand how the Marshall died but how did Tom Pryce die? Theres nothing of him in the videos.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

there's one angle of the pryce crash that requires logging in on youtube. can someone post the embedded file here?

8. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

The fire extinguisher carried by the marshal hit Tom in the head. He was almost beheaded. The Roger Williamson video, to me, was absolutely gut wrenching.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

in the video i saw you can see a man being flung through the air, his lower body almost completely severed from his torso.. then later a still picture is shown of a man with his head almost completely removed.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

German soccer player Ewald Lienen, about 25 years ago

[​IMG]

11. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Link to vid

There's the link, but I'm not posting the vid.....ewww...

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

About 25 years ago, I was watching a women's arm wrestling tourney on TV. One match had a really big woman vs. a relatively small one. The small woman's arm just snapped in 1/2 and it was load.

Because I never saw it before, the wrestling injury looked the worst to me of the videos above. McGahee's injury really flipped me out when it happened. Shaun Livingston was completely gruesome. The Theisman injury will go down in history. I think every NFL fan that is old enough remembers it.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Thats pretty nasty