1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wild Wacky Week 1

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by moestavern19, Sep 5, 2000.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well shiver me timbers , The Cowboys have collapsed , Joey "The Savior " Galloway is out for the season Randall Cunningham couldnt win a game with only Rocket Ismail for a receiver . The Eagles simply crushed the weak Cowboy offense and run all over their weak defense 41-14. The Bills got their revenge , ironically the score was 16 - 13 the same score the Bills were up last year against the Titans in the Playoffs . The Seattle Seahawks were cracked open by the BEST secondary in the NFL the Miami Dolphins suffocated Jon Kitna forcing 5 Kitna turnovers making the Dolphins' offense day easier 23-0. The Ravens look good , the BEST Linebacking crew in the Biz slammed The Steelers Allowing NO points when the Steelers were in the Red Zone twice 16-0
    .Washington and Carolina played a good game , Carolina's defense has been built back up by George Seifert , Washinston's Defense was able to hold the Panthers offense though 20-17 . The Falcons and the 49ers played high scoring shout-out today , Jeff Garcia found out that a CFL QB can throw against the Falcons Corners , alas the 49ers no name defense gave up 36 points and the offense couldnt keep up , 36-28 . The Colts and Chiefs played a good defensive game until Peyton Manning and EJ wore down the defense and beat the Chiefs who cant run the ball at all 27-14 .The Chargers and My Raiders played one hell of a game yesterday , at times it was hard th watch with all the punting , San Diego could only put together one scoring drive getting a TD put went for two and lost . The Raiders had already garnered a Safety from Darrel Russel when the found themselves down by 4 , They went down the field and Rich Gannon easily found Andre Rison who had badly burned Darryl Lewis to score the Game Winning TD , Bottom line for the Chargers , Defense wins games , if you have a QB who doesnt throw 3 picks per game , The reason the Raiders won? Turnovers Chargers-4 Raiders-0 Raidas make me proud 9-6 . Then of course you had al the easy expected win such as the Lions defeating the Saints , Jaguars crushing the Brownies , and the Giants beating Arizona . Well my football picks were of on two games , I had Dallas and the Titans winning but other than that I was perfect

------------------
    This signature space for rent call 555 ...

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did anyone see the Bills fall for that last second kickoff return play?

3. JVoss

JVoss Member

Lets see ... if the Oilers had won the first game of the season against Buffalo after collapsing in Buffalo the year before in the playoffs would we (formerly known as Houston Oilers Fans) have considered it revenge?

The Titans beat Buffalo in the playoffs with a memorable and remarkable play. As far as Sunday's game, if I were a Buffalo fan, I wouldn't be celebrating a measly 3-point season opening victory. It's hardly payback.

------------------
    "You ^WILL Love this game." -- NBA

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Serves you right!!

[​IMG]

How about the No Defense matchup last night on ABC. Ya gotta love those high scoring games.

------------------
    I am the founding member of the Butt-Nekkid Party! White House here we come!

5. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

The Boycows are cooked. I watched that entire game and laughed my arse off. As a longtime Oiler fan, I love watching the Boycows go down in flames.

Indianapolis, NY Jets & Baltimore looked very good over the weekend in the AFC, while Tampa Bay, Minnesota & PHILLY looked good in the NFC.

But remember, teams that look good at the beginning of the year often fade out as the season goes on.

One more note (for Houstonians): I was at Little Woodrow's on W. Alabama on Sunday afternoon. They have NFL Prime Ticket and show most every game each Sunday (I think they've got 6 or 7 TVs). They have a guy cooking & selling barbecue, and, best of all, there is no cover charge I think I'll be there a few Sundays this season. [​IMG]

------------------
    Bring It!!

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

HEY, one of my friends is the bar manager there and another, and may I say exceptionally cute, is a bartender(I think she's still there). I'll have to meet ya up there sometime Tex and watch the CowPansies crumble!

------------------
    I am the founding member of the Butt-Nekkid Party! White House here we come!

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Go Vikes

------------------
    Discombobulation Imminent

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

As a Green Bay fan, it sure hurt watching week 1. It was very obvious Brett's elbow wasn't near 100%. He never rifled the ball in at all, and threw a lot of touch passes. One of those touch passes was the one that got picked off in the final minute to end the game. I hate to say it, but it might be good to rest Favre a week, even if it means us getting off to an 0-2 start. Otherwise it could be another 8-8 type season. Brett needs to get 100% for the Pack to go anywhere, and Levens needs to get back too. By the way, did anyone watching the Green Bay game see how many 3rd downs the Jets got? They converted I believe about 11 of 16. The Green Bay defensive line never got any pressure on Vinny at all, and while our secondary is better, it can't hold all these receivers if the line keeps giving QB's that kind of time to pass.

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

4th Friday of August= Rocket Day
    1999-Steve Francis
    2000-Maurice Taylor

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ya i screwed up , The Rams looked good last night except Warner looked a little nervous at times , he did throw 3 picks but 441 yards doesn't say much for the Denver DB's The Rams didnt really do much against Brian Griese until the 4th Quarter the Denver O-Line held up Kevin Carter most of the game .

------------------
    This signature space for rent call 555 ...

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Favre or no Favre, Green Bay aint going anywhere this year.

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Stupid threads are not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    4. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN or be Assimilated.