1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Titans Release new web site today at 5pm!

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Aug 24, 2000.

1. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

I was born in Houston and I was raised here as well. I have lived here all my life and I will always support MY home teams but when they become another city's team , they are no longer my team. I do not hate them or despise them but I will never root for them again because they are now the enemy. The new team will have my undiying support because they are MY HOME TEAM. [​IMG]

One more thing, the Oilers history went with them and so there have not been any heart-breaking playoff defeats or collapses here. [​IMG]

------------------
    Houston Rockets Forever!!
    In Rudy We Trust

[This message has been edited by Dennis2112 (edited August 28, 2000).]

2. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Ric -
    You asked a question about what I will do in 2002. When Houston gets its NFL team. I will still root for the Titans. I fell in love with the Oilers and the Oilers have evolved into the Titans. So that is an easy answer. I am happy that the city of Houston is getting another NFL team. But I will still support the Titans.

In your last paragraph you stated
    "why should a "houston fan" take pride in the "Music City Miracle?" the HOUSTON oilers blew the 32-point lead, and never evened a thing."

Any football fan should be happy that someone like Bruce Matthews got redemption. Bruce Matthews is a future hall of famer who is nothing but class. He was on the field when the Oilers blew that 30 point lead to the Bills (not to mention countless other times he has gone to war in an Oilers/Titans jersey). Any football fan should be proud that a class guy like Bruce Matthews had his opportunity in the Super Bowl. You do not have to be a fan of the Titans to be happy for someone like Bruce. Bruce was interviewed after the Titans beat the Bills and he said himself that it evened the score with the Bills.

I take offense to you questioning my passion for the Astro's, Rockets, and Oilers/Titans. You have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER how much those teams mean to me. If it was in my power the Oilers would still be playing in Houston. For that matter, I would not allow any Houston pro-team to have the ability to leave. But, that is not the case.

My passion for the Rockets, Astros, Oilers/Titans will always be there. Even if they move to another city. The same will be true with the Rockets. If (a big if which I hope never comes true) the Rockets were to ever move I would still support them.

------------------
    Titan's fanatic!!!!

It was the first time the Titans sent an offense to the line of scrimmage with Eddie George in the backfield behind McNair to go with Wycheck at tight end and Carl Pickens, Kevin Dyson and Yancey Thigpen at wide receiver.

So many choices, with a full season still ahead.

"I think that might be scary for a defense," Dyson said.

[This message has been edited by Dream34 (edited August 28, 2000).]

3. Ace

Ace Contributing Member