1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Germany-Holland match

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Ace, Feb 22, 2000.

1. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

This post is mainly directed to Jovi, but post if you have interest.

We are playing Germany tomorrow. I can't wait for us to finally have a chance to do you in.
    I have to say I love whenever we beat the Germans, and I bet you feel some additional joy when you see us lose against you.
    The rivalry is truly great, and I love seeing such high spirited matches.
    Do you know if the match will be shown on international Television? Hope so, since I no longer live in Holland.

Good luck (yeah right [​IMG]) tomorrow!!

------------------
    Francis+Charles+Dream-Pippen= Rockets 2000 NBA
    Champions

Houston Rockets Space Center

2. Jovi

Jovi Member

Nice post [​IMG]

Unfortunately, I don´t know if you can watch the match. Where are you located? USA?

There´s a huge rivalry between our two countries, as it´s always the case with "neighbors".

I still believe that Frank Riikard is one of the biggest ***holes out there. No matter how nice he pretends to be now, I can´t forgive his "spitting attack" on Rudi Voeller. Beating you 2-1 at the World Cup 90 will always have a special place in my heart [​IMG]

I don´t really like friendlies...there´s nothing really at stake. If we were to meet this summer again, it will be much more fun.

You´ll most likely win, since Germany is something we call a "tournament-team". Whenever it will be important, we beat you [​IMG]
    (With the slight exception of 88).

Gee, my style is typical of a German football fan that tries to annoy the opponent a little bit [​IMG]

Let´s hope for a nice game.

PS: 74....74....74....74....74....74....74... [​IMG]

3. Jovi

Jovi Member

Well, to be honest, I like the English national team..you have a few great players.

But I can´t like you since I am German [​IMG]
    You know what I mean.

You´re rigth about our team..pretty old. But, as you know, tha doesn´t mean we will not reach the finals..hehe

4. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

A few great players ... like? Germany have got to do something now. Hamann was quoted in the English press as saying that England had a lot more young talent than Germany. See you in the later rounds to get beaten on penalties, OK? [​IMG]

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

God Jovi, what are you saying, you can't like foreigners?

Jeez you are such a racist.

[​IMG]

I really wish that I had grown up where soccer is popular on a level like that. I'm really interested in the sport, but I don't have the energy to start to follow it religiously like I do basketball, baseball, and football.

I do love playing FIFA on Nintendo though!!

6. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Rocketman95, you are pretty unlucky, being born in the USA [​IMG]. No soccer, and all of the other downsides. Is FIFA any good on the Nintendo I've only played it on the PSX?

7. Jovi

Jovi Member

GB:

You´re right. We don´t have that much talent over here...it does not look good.

Matthaeus is too old and too slow to lead us to another title, and our young players suck.

We are thirty minutes into the game and this Zoltan Sebescen, whom I didn´t really know until last week, commited two silly mistakes that led to two goals. My bad.

That´s the problem: We have too many foreigners playing in our league, supplanting German talents. Ok, a talent player should work his way up to the top, but it´s a big problem.

RM: See, that´s why I dont like all the Americans: They don´t like soccer. [​IMG]

8. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Jovi, we have that problem, with foreign players in our national league, players like Ziege [​IMG] (who's actually been pretty good, apart from getting sent off a lot). I'm off to catch the rest of the England game now, good luck for the second half against Holland!

9. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

"You´ll most likely win, since Germany is something we call a "tournament-team".

I see you were already making excuses for your team [​IMG]

Anyway, I didn't get to see it...too bad. I was looking forward to it. How was the game?

No, I currently live in Costa Rica. I really miss Holland...don't get to see football that is worth watching.

If you promise not to mention 74, I won't mention 88 [​IMG]

------------------
    Francis+Charles+Dream-Pippen= Rockets 2000 NBA
    Champions

Houston Rockets Space Center

10. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Germany:

ageing team, time is gone, needs to foster some young talent.

Holland:

quality players, need to string together the results in the tournaments (should have beaten Brazil in '98 though!)

England:

over-rated, and about to get stuffed by Argentina in about 90 mins [​IMG]

11. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Now is the time on Sprockets when we dance! [​IMG]