1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Joe Biden Veepstakes thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

There are just so many factors at play it's impossible to guess at. This has been fun but I'll be glad when he's announced it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

White women SOL.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Rice, Whitmer, Demings, or Duckworth.

I think any of that quartet bring at least something to the table in terms of affecting the electoral college, or at the very least not messing things up. Personally I'd love to see Republicans turn back into Benghazi cranks all over again if Rice gets the nod. I think that would be a perfect trap to set for the Trump campaign. That level of mouth-foaming spittle rage spent chasing ghosts would be a huge turnoff to middle America who have real problems they need addressing.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Sooooo....looks like it won't be Whitmer, Warren, Bottoms, Baldwin, Duckworth, or Harris since they were all listed as their own name and the "Vice Presidential Nominee" is listed for Wednesday

So, basically means it's down to Rice and Bass...unless Abrams suddenly is in the mix again. Guessing it'll be Rice.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/election-...al-convention-vp-candidate-to-speak-wednesday

FrontRunner and baller4life315 like this.
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

edit: nvm, they specifically have a slot for VP

double edit: apparently Kaine was listed separately as a speaker at the 2016 convention and they simply shifted him to the VP slot when he was chosen so its anyone's guess.

#426 DonnyMost, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Major

Major Member

I think they just move the VP around as needed. If not picked as VP, there's no real reason for Rice or Bass to speak so they aren't listed. No one really knows Bass, and campaign-style speaking is not one of Rice's strengths.

That said, I'm starting to get concerned it might be Harris by default. That would be the only name that would be really disappointing to me. I think Bass is a terrible idea and hurts his chances, but she'd be fine as VP. Harris is the only one I don't want as VP the next 4 years.

Nook and FrontRunner like this.
  8. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

^ And Kamala Harris is scheduled to speak immediately before the Biden family appears onstage (somewhere) and Biden accepts the nomination??? :eek:

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

They are almost finished 3d printing the "female vice president" . She is both Black and Latina and white and native american. Normally i would be aghast that race and gender were two of the biggest questions in regards to the job :) .. But , picking a vp to appeal to certain groups of voters has always been par for the course. On the bright-side , shes from Texas !

But seriously Joe , whats the ****in hold up ? They are running the math on how to appease all the groups ? Well i cant blame him too much , his strategy has been playing well in the polls so far. Or is it Trump bumbling while the country is crumbling ?* Well pelosi cant get over the hurdle with the turtle so who knows whats gonna happen.

IF it has to be a black female what about Wanda Sykes ? Hell isnt she a ..

The VP pick wont change my vote . Even if Biden dies how abhorrent do you have to be to be worse than Trumpy ? Maybe biden could lose if he picked Candace Owens ! Now THAT would be must see TV ... and if thats the winning formula from 2016 ..? i mean joe , think about it. Trump has turned into bad entertainment ( even for his crowd ). It still seems Joe's strategy is to only provide a little TV action for our brainwashed minds , cmon Joe we NEED FOOD.

Sorry , little off the rails there . But thats my sum on the VP pick. Some segment of people will be excited with each pick . I am curious , but ultimately more than the pick i care about getting things moving. Sure the trump campaign will take potshots at whomever Joe picks , but if he isnt preparing a VP , cabinent , plans , etc .. what is he doing ? Is he campaigning ? The unfortunate truth is he's probably on zoom calls with strategists and donors , i get that that's the game. I wish he's come out and say it. Yang did , that was my boi lol. I guess will have to bide my time , but i got nothing on Biden's biding

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

Astrodome likes this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He needs co-VPs so all the boxes are checked.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The VP pick usually doesn't drop until the Friday before the convention... and in this case they're basically picking their Presidential nominee for 2024 too, so gotta be extra careful.

snowconeman22 and RayRay10 like this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Biden spotted having brown rice with lunch today.

14. Fantasma Negro

I'm predicting its Whitmer

IBTL likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

like Christmas Eve

tinman and RayRay10 like this.
  16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

He has to announce tonight. It’ll get leaked if he waits until tomorrow.

Major and RayRay10 like this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It would have been better if the Biden campaign didn't publicly mention how important race and gender was in their decion and just chose a black woman without all the talk beforehand.

Why? Because the way the Biden admin is doing it doesn't feel organic at all and opens up criticism of catering to "identity politics".

glynch and Nook like this.
  18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

all schedules are tentative and can be adjusted as necessary

Also you don't want to announce before Friday of the convention because it allows the GOP to fire up their opposition, and it will be vicious. You do not want to let them set the narrative before your big party, it makes for buzzkill.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

As far as strategy goes, i would hope the Dems shy away from saying that. aka everyone gives some coachspeak answer about how it will be a competitive primary .

I know she will have an advantage , but if the party seems to already have picked the 2024 nominee that seems like putting the cart before the horse

RayRay10 and Andre0087 like this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Men across America are furious with Joe Biden.

RayRay10 likes this.