1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zion Williamson's weight

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockbox, Feb 15, 2020.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I have no knowledge of this doctor , but the article said he was of youtube fame. He might be a cardiovascular surgeon and this is not his area of expertise. maybe he is a sports injury doctor . Im not going to immediately believe the Youtube doctor has the best insight and is 100 percent correct. Even if he is a doctor , my reason for him possibly being wrong was about the level of competition zion is now playing against. I might have more experience watching basketball film than this guy ( even though im willing to admit im only an amatuer )

But this doctor is quoted as " race against own body " " difference is profound" " substaintially less explosive" " time is running out " The kid is still what 20 ? 21 ? To me , the take feels a bit hyperbolic and sounds more like a sports radio personality than a doctor , just my opinion. Maybe zion is to blame himself , maybe hes growing into his body, maybe hes been ordered not to go all out , maybe the competition is just much higher and hes slowed down by his own mind . Unless the pelicans medical staff is incompetent , or zions work ethic is low then his body wont be the main reason why his career stalls. If he gets injured and gets fat during rehab thats not his body letting him down , its his habits. The medical science and rehab and preventative exercise you can do nowadays is pretty high level. It would be extremely unlikely for a 20 year old to not be able to eventually get to the point where his athleticism = or is very close to his 19 year old fitness.

Im a doctor of badassery

Lawlruschang likes this.
  2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It’s all about lean muscle mass. The more you have the more fat you burn.

Yeah, Pels need to help this kid but they’re not exactly a model NBA franchise and they’re in the biggest party city in the US.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

3.... 300.

ak99999 and B-Bob like this.
  9. TimDuncanDonaut

If the job has the potential to land you millions. And the goal is to be healthy and lose a little a weight. Should be a no brainier.

Personal trainer/chef. He should be leaner

roslolian likes this.
  10. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah it's mind blowing. And it's not like you or me getting a chef. Think about him, he probably has the Metabolic rate to burn 3500 calories a day just laying in bed. Factor in balling 3 hours a day, every day at a high level, and lifting weights and the guy has to be eating 6000 calories a day. I think these numbers are conservative. If I had a personal chef, I would hit the seafood heavy. I'd eat a lot of lobster.

roslolian, Sajan and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  11. VoR

VoR Member

That first big contract can change a man. Draymond Green had to hire a nutritionist to keep him in line.

12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

It's crazy to me how much he's being babied. He's a man. He's in the pros. He's grown AF, if he dies, he dies. So worried about his whole career that they're only going to let him play 20 games a season?

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Why get your cash-cow hurt? lol. It's a pure business now.

Invisible Fan and roslolian like this.
  14. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

I guess. Let him freaking play.

Dr of Dunk and B-Bob like this.
  15. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

He should play the 4/5 role his entire career with Ingram playing the 3/4. They will be a very good duo for a very long time if NOLA plays their cards right.

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Well, Zion could have a big strength advantage if he plays the 3 and there's a 3point shooting big on the court.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

You didnt understand anything the other guy posted to you lmao.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

We've all seen this song and dance before people with Zion's athleticism dont have long careers as superstars. They either start getting injured or they lose their hops within 10 yrs.

WB prob the only super athletic guy who had staying power and lots of people say he is washed up. The rest from DRose, John Wall, Blake Griffin all had quick careers as superstars.

19. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

I guess...

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Did Barkley play the 3????

DD

roslolian likes this.