1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] What are you watching?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jsingles, Jul 23, 2016.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I like Ellen Paige and did not know she was in it.

Anybody seen Hard Candy?

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Back in 1971, I spent 6 months going all over Europe. I had been there before, but not for that length of time, and not literally all over the place. Anyway, I kept meeting Australians and they were invariably friendly, funny, and just a trip to hang out with. There were a couple of guys I kept running into. They weren’t traveling together, but we would end up in the same place for a couple of days, have a great time drinking too much, and then go our separate ways.

Almost all of them were either eventually going to work for several months in the UK, or had just finished doing that and were traveling around having fun before returning home. None of them intended to be gone from Australia for less than a year. I also met an Australian girl I got to know very well. She had just finished working in London for about year and we hooked up until she flew back. I met her in Amsterdam and still remember seeing her off at Schiphol, the big airport outside of the city.

Rake is a crazy Aussie TV series about an attorney who’s strung out on various drugs and drinks too much. The irony is that he’s a really good attorney when he can hold himself together. We enjoyed it.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wished I had your sweet encounter.

Deckard likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

She had red hair, freckles and was really good looking. Passionate, with a great sense of humor. It’s a good combination. She hated to leave, and I hated to see her go. That was a great trip.

DaDakota and daywalker02 like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

So I'm watching Perry Mason and The Alienist now...which is kinda ****ed up because both have plots that revolve around dead babies.

They're both good, but maybe not exactly what I needed to watch right now.

TWS1986 likes this.
  6. Fantasma Negro

Week 17 of conference calls and video meetings. Thank you God

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Umbrella Academy: Season 2?
    I hear alot of good about it

Rocket River

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Alienist is amazing!

DD

TWS1986 and Surfguy like this.
  9. conquistador#11

Nurse Jackie- Really great watch. Don't know how I slept on this show considering it was from "Showtime". It could be due to the lead actress', Edie Falco. Never was a fan of hers in the Sopranos. The episodes are 30 minutes and they fly by. Dark high brow humor about an oxy addicted nurse with a heart of gold even though she tends to do highly questionable things. I read that in 2009, the Nursing Association attempted to 'cancel' the show as she portrayed them in a negative light. I think it's the opposite.

TWS1986 likes this.
  10. OkayAyeReloaded

Man, Queen's Gambit on Netflix is really great.

The visuals of the period, character development and story have been excellent.

Xenon likes this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Watching some of my favorite amateur botanists on the youtube.

12. TimDuncanDonaut

Yes one of her classics. Interesting take on a revenge tale.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. TimDuncanDonaut

Blood of Zeus - 8 episodes (30 min each). It'll go by quick. An animated show. Bit of a fresh take on the Greek mythos. Actions scenes are well done. It's hand animated which you don't see much anymore (not even from Disney).

[​IMG]

Grade A

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Re-watching Dollhouse. Can't decide if this would work better in 2020 or if it would be DOA.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Just watched the last episode last night. Amazed by how good this limited series was. The acting, writing, *film-making" was perhaps the best I have seen so far this year. I hope this isn't a spoiler, but the actors that played Beth, Harry, Benny and her birth mom were all British. And the woman that played her adopted mom was more famous for being a director (the movie about Fred Rogers).

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  16. OkayAyeReloaded

Yeah, I was suprised how good it was. You can tell it was not just an entertaining story, but they really took time to craft a good film when you look visual details and acting. I liked watching her experience her gift; and battling to overcome her past and grow as a character was great.

I haven't seen someone make chess (which I enjoy also) look this entertaining since the movie Fresh years ago. (very different but also an excellent chess movie)

#696 OkayAyeReloaded, Nov 2, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  17. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Those chess matches are based on real ones with improvements made to them. Harmon is based on a mix of different famous chess players as well.

NewRoxFan and OkayAyeReloaded like this.
  18. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Buzzfeed Unsolved Mysteries (Amazon) and Mandalorian now. S2 so good of Mandalorian.

19. Fantasma Negro

Fargo ****ing sucks this season

Entropy likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Here's another...

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.