1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

lookie here another BoB fan with the same sht defense: oh let's wait until the end of the season to judge the moves. If u think trading away your best wr for jack sht isn't a fail, then sure whatever rocks your boat.

TWS1986 likes this.
  2. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

A BoB fan? Not quite...dhop wanted new money with 3 yrs left on his contract and they had other guys they needed and still need to pay. They got what they could for him and salvaged their off-season. The offense has more depth and horsepower now and they were able to draft a consensus 1st round talent in the 2nd round.

All I’m saying is that you have to measure the success or failure of any off-season as an aggregate since some moves would not have happened without other moves taking place. Trades, FA signings and draft picks don’t happen in a vacuum...rather it’s a domino effect.

raining threes and UTSA2step like this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

i Agree its a domino effect.
    But one sht trade especially one as egregious as the Hopkins can not b fixed with a bunch of other trade. We did not maximize his trade value, idk y we still arguing about this. U choose to believe that they couldn't do any more to salvage hopkins,while time and time again the league has shown that disgruntled WR could b traded for more. But whatevers, no point trying to reason with delusional homers.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

As much as I hate the trade, if DJ can stay healthy and return to old form, it would be a massive upgrade.
    I hate that we have so many potential injury risks in our skill positions though

6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Looks like Tarzan played like Jane last year.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I laugh at all those guys who play the "explosive" card when trying to justify this trade (and quickly switch up to the money line).

There is a reason Nuk is as respected by all 32 DCs in the league and by the best CBs to play the game. It wont show up in his 40 time or his 3 cone shuffle.

He will continue to dominate in ARZ.

conquistador#11, Rudyc281 and YOLO like this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And where will he lead them too.
    Division championship??
    Conference Championship??
    Super Bowl??

Just asking

raining threes likes this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Well considering that ARZ just finished their first year under Kliff with a 13th ranked offensive DVOA (3 spots higher than HOU by the way and already better than any offense OBrien has trotted out with less weapons even) I'd say offensively speaking things look more promising in ARZ. Young phenom QB whom I rank closely behind Watson. Great offensive weapons and they land a 1st team All Pro WR for pennies on the dollar?? They have an OL that is similar to HOU, yet cost WAY LESS! Just picked up Cougar Josh Jones to help them out and he will shine at RT.

ARZ defense was even better than HOU last year.(Hard to believe right?)

Football requires more than just a few stars, more balance is necessary and even more important are competent managers at the top who have a clear direction for the team. The NFC West is much tougher than the AFC South so many variables have to line up for me to entertain your loaded questions of end year accomplishments.

I'd wager ARZ has a better year than HOU this season though - how much will Nuk impact is hard to say. Just using simple reasoning would tell you he can only help. First step is getting that team back to the playoffs and then go from there, which I feel will happen for them this year.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

They where 5-10-1
    So much for having the better offense and defense.
    An offensive line similar to Houston and cheaper I highly doubt that we have 2 o-lineman on rookie deals and Fulton is average pay for a guard.
    Not to mention they have nobody on their offensive line in the same realm as a talent as Tunsil.

So my point being hopkins will be good in Arizona get a new contract 20mill a year...and they will never really make any noise in the playoffs.

whag00 and raining threes like this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

it was the FIRST YEAR that nucleus was assembled and they are adding ALL PRO talent to the roster to balance with the young guys. LOL no need to be intentionally dense bro by trying to downplay Hopkins value in order to satisfy the Texan homerism, I love the Texans they are my #1 team, but we have to be realistic when you want to bring up records and then look at what each conference has to offer. AFCS compiled 32 wins as a division, (HOU with 10) NFCW had a collective 39 wins and everybody EXCEPT the Cardinals were winners there last year. Not really apples to apples is it?

How about strength of schedule?? Welp ARZ had the 5th hardest schedule according to opponents W/L record and add to that first year head coach and rookie QB? Advanced stats speak for themselves, winning in the NFL takes all 3 facets, Im just saying that I like the way that team is being built for the modern game and I can see why those fans are optimistic. What year of the OBrien era are we in again? Oh yeah I know I know ... "but but he's never had a good QB til D4" ... even with Watson OBriens offenses leave PLENTY to be desired. Analytics speak for themselves. Sure helps when we have the best come from behind/clutch QB in the game though no lie.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Did history magically reverse and add a 1st round pick..? No... then it's still a bad trade.

Rudyc281, conquistador#11 and YOLO like this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Ok let’s make it simple then who wins a super bowl first Arizona or Houston??

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

With the college football season practically canceled who cares.

raining threes likes this.
  18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Bro, the Texans have never made it to the AFC Championship game.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Just answer the question...who do you think wins a super bowl first??

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Neither.