1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hydrochloriquine/Z-Pack/Zinc, savior of America?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ElPigto, Jul 27, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

long vids but from different presentations from various medical professions on the frontlines

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be lying if I didn't admit I feel like a damn fool posting this. I won't delete though, it is what it is. I chose the title to attract some attention rather than letting it die a slow death, I should of just stuck with a generic lame title. Lesson learned though, lesson learned.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

FB and Twitter have had acess to more data than most entities. If they are deeming it misinformation, then we should roll with that.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200409/chloroquine-zinc-tested-to-block-covid-infection

Chloroquine, Zinc Tested to Block COVID Infection
    By Karen Weintraub

[​IMG]
    April 9, 2020 -- In the United States and Europe, a handful of clinical trials have begun to test ways to keep health care workers and other vulnerable people safe from COVID-19.

Most are testing drugs called chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine that have long been used to prevent and treat malaria, and also as a therapy against rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. The hope is that, given before infection or early in the course of the disease, the drugs will protect someone against infection and illness from the virus, or, if they do, will ensure that their case is mild.

clinical trial – to carefully test effectiveness, be on the lookout for any negative effects, and to ensure that there is an adequate supply of the drugs if they prove useful.

“This is a virus that targets health care workers,” because they are in close proximity to very contagious people, says Warner Greene, a senior virologist with the Gladstone Institutes, an independent, nonprofit research organization based in San Francisco. “We have to do everything we can to protect them.”

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very sorry about your wife.

FrontRunner and RayRay10 like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Forget about the ONE DIRECTIONERS here.

If you posted that Kim Jong Il or President XI said the Rockets won 2 championships,
    I would tell you that this is CORRECT REGARDLESS OF MESSENGER.

Never apologize, the only person that can delete your account here is @Clutch
    That's the only person that you can't piss off here.
    Everyone else means nothing.

@Os Trigonum @Reeko @Ziggy

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Immanuel, a pediatrician and a religious minister, has a history of making bizarre claims about medical topics and other issues. She has often claimed that gynecological problems like cysts and endometriosis are in fact caused by people having sex in their dreams with demons and witches.

She alleges alien DNA is currently used in medical treatments, and that scientists are cooking up a vaccine to prevent people from being religious. And, despite appearing in Washington, D.C. to lobby Congress on Monday, she has said that the government is run in part not by humans but by “reptilians” and other aliens.

Immanuel gave her viral speech on the steps of the Supreme Court at the “White Coat Summit,” a gathering of a handful of doctors who call themselves America’s Frontline Doctors and dispute the medical consensus on the novel coronavirus. The event was organized by the right-wing group Tea Party Patriots, which is backed by wealthy Republican donors.

mdrowe00, DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I think your post hits on a couple of things.
    1. There's a risk with every drug. We know that...but somehow the risks or side effects the FDA views re. this is getting more coverage as if thats not the same with literally every drug approved by the FDA.
    2. Not worth it unless as a last resort. That should be fine yet people are completely trashing it in general. I agree as a last resort it shouldn't be dismissed but one side thinks it's the immediate cure all and the other side thinks nope, it's crap, false, not worth even using (since the other side thinks it's the right drug). I hear one side talk about the other side politicizing this pandemic yet it's truly both sides doing that. Just utter hypocrisy.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Twitter suspended the account terming it because of misinformation about Covid 19?? This is prob one of the least suspension worthy things DJT and DTJr have tweeted in the past four years.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

not Fox News, The American Journal of Epidemiology and Yale School of Medicine

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32458969/

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Most everyone that has posted about covid 19 on twitter should be suspended. Who has been spot-on?

13. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Dr. Risch has been on the HCQ bandwagon from the start. He decided that was the cause his career would die on.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Taiwan, Vietnam, New Zealand, Japan, .....

Nook, mdrowe00, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you, there is definitely a risk with every drug out there. However, it seemed like HCQ, even during studies had the arrhythmia side effect come up more often than not. I think the issue with HCQ is that we wanted to use this for a purpose that it wasn't initially intended (as done with other medicines) and it seemed to have some limited benefits to a limited percentage of those that were treated with it. However, the overall benefit (limited success) was not the worth the risk according to the experts.

I don't know if I agree that people are trashing it. I think those of us that are doing are best to keep up with current events do acknowledge that in the early stages of COVID, the experts didn't have any sort of understanding on which drugs would work and experts attempted to use existing drugs that would potentially work on COVID patients. If I remember correctly, HCQ was initially touted by some french doctor that conducted an extremely small sample size (I would consider his results negligible) and somehow his information became the sell campaign of Trump for HCQ. I understand by this point, several other countries were attempting to use the drug, but with limited success as I recall. I think if all else fails, this definitely was a good "hail mary", so to speak, to throw at the issue, but ultimately the results did not produce the results everybody wanted, yet Trump hung on to it and continued to try to sell the idea of HCQ being an effective drug. My frustration is that some MD is now touting this as the cure drug and believe me, I've already been arguing with my conservative friends about it.

From the very beginning many individuals believed that this was a hoax and even through all the crap we been through the last few months, people are still skeptical and keep making this a right vs left issue. I'm tired of it personally because I just want to subside the threat of this pandemic in this country and the world. I don't like wearing masks, social distancing, staying away from my family, etc etc and it completely sucks that not everyone has the same commitment that some of us have to fight this virus.

ferrari77, DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Interesting note: I got an email today about participating in a vaccine study in the Woodlands., I replied 'interested'

tinman and RayRay10 like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

What the hell happened to you? You used to not be insane. While I would disagree with some of your beliefs, you at least had well thought out opinions and they were respectable.

At some point you went off the rails and now are “that guy”.

RayRay10 and BmwM3 like this.
  19. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

....and Rwanda!

RWANDA FOREVER!

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  20. Major

Major Member

LOL. So you won't believe when actual studies by actual scientists using actual data don't agree with your gut about protests, but you'll happily spread any random Youtube video by people with no credibility because they called themselves Frontline Doctors. Well done.

SWTsig, Nook, BmwM3 and 2 others like this.