1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The press secretary...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 20, 2020.

1. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I agree with McEnany's assessment of the mayor. I'll add that she looks like a methed out lizard.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Unfortunately I suspect too many successful women of color are called "derelict" and "methed out lizards" by people like you and trump's press secretary...

No Worries, RayRay10 and Rashmon like this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

DVauthrin, Nook, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

5. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. bobrek

Screenshot_20200724-141015_Google.jpg

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

If you'll lie about Paw Patrol, you'll lie about anything...

Too bad Kimberly Halkett didn't call her out for lying (or a lying b**** as had been misheard)

but @Deckard ain't afraid to tell us...:D

8. bobrek

9. Nook

Nook Member

Nothing will happen. At best she will claim she will pay it back.

She knew damn well she was double dipping. My opinion of her as human being was already low... she clearly doesn’t have any real values other than advancing her career... she isn’t the first of last, but she sure is transparent.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Trump loses, I hope they go after everyone but Trump. All the people who broke laws - every single one of them. Every appointee, diplomat, enabler, friend, family member. All of them.

People need to learn when you break the law to support a corrupt president, the president might get away with it, but you won't.

RayRay10, ROCKSS and DVauthrin like this.
  11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

They need to go after Trump, too. Once his term ends, his ass needs to rot in federal prison for the rest of his life. He needs to be held accountable for the primary role he played in all of the corruption and criminal activity within his administration. It’s not like there isn’t evidence. When Barr forced the resignation of the individual (U.S. Attorney of the Southern District of New York) investigating alleged illegal activity committed by Trump and his administration five months before the November election, it was a clear sign there was evidence that incriminated Trump. They wouldn’t have removed him otherwise.

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Two weeks later they charged Ghislaine Maxwell so could have been related to that also.

deb4rockets, DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The good news is that since Trump bragged about how he passed his cognitive test his defense can't say he isn't cognitively fit to stand trial.

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  14. bobrek

If she immediately contacted then about the error, why did she get the second check?

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

There is no doubt she knew what was happening. Perhaps I am too jaded, I just don’t see there being any consequences.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. bobrek

I agree. I was being me

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Geez....you sound like a Republican..

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Going after a former president is a risky precedent because it allows future presidents to use their power to prosecute prior presidents and other political enemies. This is why Trump has been so damaging - not matter what choice is made, it has risk for our democracy.

That's why I think it's best to let the state of NY go after Trump and let the feds focus on everyone else. By not going after Trump is looks less like a political revenge and more of rooting out all the corruption (aka truly draining the swamp) and lets everyone know that a corrupt president won't protect them once he leaves office. That's more important than going after Trump himself since the enablers aren't the ones who bear the burden for their complicity.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

As long as Trump and all of his enablers are appropriately charged, prosecuted and convicted, I’ll be happy. I agree with you that it makes more sense for New York to go after Trump and the feds go after all of his enablers, for the reasons you listed above. However, I stand by opinion that Trump cannot skate on all the corruption and law breaking he fostered during his presidency. It would be classic Trump to have everyone else take the fall for all the illegal activity present under his leadership, and he needs to be held accountable this time.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I mean that is some GOP level trolling there.

DD

No Worries likes this.