1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bruno broke quarantine. Grounded to his room.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IslandB.O.I., Jul 13, 2020.

1. fattz

fattz Member

I kinda feel for the guy. He is hungry and trying to find food. Reminds me of Winnie the Pooh looking for honey. Hard not to like him but I am a fat person. All is forgiven.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sounds like Bruno had the munchies.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not supposed to leave hotel room until 2 positive tests.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Because it's designed to be safe after the entry protocols. For each person, there's a required COVID test before traveling to Florida and on each of the two days after the person arrives (a period in which the person is quarantined to his or her room) to try and ensure that they're not carrying the virus from wherever they were before the bubble. They're also in their rooms to avoid being around other NBA newcomers, who haven't done the quarantine. Bruno went downstairs during that initial two-day period, which means that he did not complete his quarantine.

D-rock and Deckard like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Better be listening closely to game

Kim, Houtho, icewill36 and 4 others like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. fattz

fattz Member

Time with crafty veterans willing to share their knowledge is beyond time well spent. If he just picks up one or two things he is better than he was.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Bruno has been given one shot at consistent minutes in the NBA and he performed. I think we underestimate the likelihood that he can replicate what he did in Memphis.

It will be more difficult now that he's missed so much practice. Offensively he knows the system, but defensively is where he needs the reps IMO. I'm still hopeful he can give 15 backup C minutes.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

God bless Tyson Chandler...

fattz, AroundTheWorld and D-rock like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bruno may not be the brightest bulb but his length and skillset are just perfect fit for this Rockets team.

Also does not hurt that Harden has his back.

raining threes likes this.
  11. BreakYoSelfFool

I don't think its cool people keep insulting this man's intelligence. Yes it was a silly mistake, but 1 mistake doesn't make him a dummy. The man got hungry and wasn't thinking straight. Its a new situation for everyone and I think English is his second language.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Should have gotten a Snickers bar.
    [​IMG]

13. fattz

fattz Member

This 100 times. I had forgotten he speaks Portuguese. Even if he was from here, I think it would be an honest mistake and not one to label a career with.

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

He is from Brazil. Give him a break.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They don't have common sense in Brazil?

[​IMG]

Bo6, D-rock and YOLO like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

I have been a big supporter of Bruno, from even before Rockets acquired him 1st time around. And I have been clamoring to get him back since because his length and skillset are a great fit for the way Rockets play now.

But facts are facts, Bruno had a brainfart and it may cost him a rotation opportunity.

Disappointing.

17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Anthony Bennett would've been a even better fit at Starting Center. In the D League he is a surprise in 3 Point Shooting, Post Ups, Great at switches on defense and shot Blocking. Anthony has better basketball IQ. I hope Next Year the Rockets give Anthony a opportunity to be signed and be a rotation player.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Toronto's Young Farm system is amazing. They build young talent into rotation players. If Tornoto couldn't get something out of Bruno, what hope do the Rockets have? I'm still optimistic, but it has always been in eh back of my mind.

19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Is that common sense ?
    It was just him not following guidelines.
    The man was hungry and he forgot.
    idk what he was thinking but he probably forgot, misunderstood or thought it was safe since he was in the bubble.
    Not a big deal

20. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

i agree he may have hurt his chances of having a spot on the rotation but his chances were slim. The team is going small ball and we got rid or Capela and Hartenstein. Wish we kept Harty and waived Clemons.
    Facts are proven with evidence, so how do you know he had a brain fart? We don’t really know what he was thinking, if he understood all the guidelines and protocols in this bubble or he could have been “hangry” and demanded food or needed more food. We don’t know but I wouldn’t call it a brain fart.
    I know you’re just saying it because it looked like a dumb move but to me it’s not a big deal.