1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook tested positive for COVID-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Jul 13, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, it remains to be seen.

This year the Playoffs might not be as high a level as previous years due to corona fear and not much preparation time.

amaru and saleem like this.
  2. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

I know a few people that just can’t seem to get the “two negative tests in a row” that are need to clear certain protocols. They have been basically symptom free for well of 2 weeks. They test negative. But when they go to get the second negative test, it comes back positive. They test again and it’s negative, but the next one is positive again. There is a theory that seems to be gaining traction that some people may continue to test positive periodically even after recovering. It’s becoming so common that many employers are no longer requiring a second test to return to work. You are co side fee recovered after 14 days if it’s been at least 10 days since you had any symptoms. The NBA of course will not allow someone like to beater the bubble and play. It will be interesting going forward to see if they adjust the protocols.

amaru likes this.
  3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Still no updates ?

4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Lol @ corona fear. Jesus Christ stop with the doom and gloom BS. The players are not afraid and this working out even better than the NBA imagined so far. The bubble is the safest place in the country.

RocketRed84 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Players like Derozan have anxiety issues even without the whole ordeal therefore it was just an overall term for any phobia, for instance, phobia of being confined and controlled for 2-3 months pertaining to the corona protocols.

Nothing gloom about the reality, you have panic attacks and meltdowns even without corona, in the real world.

A worst case scenario if you will.

Just because you want to feel better and be the eternal optimist, does not mean it can't happen.

Let's just leave it at and I won't continue. :cool:

#146 daywalker02, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've read an article about this - South Korea did a study on this and found that it was due to dead virus cells that remain in the body. They looked at patients who were fully recovered but also testing positive, and found out that dead virus cells remain in the body after full recovery, and those are triggering the positive test. They were not able to find any live coronavirus cells in any of these recovered patients who were testing positive. It sounds like these dead corona cells linger around in the body for quite some time after full recovery. These people aren't contagious, there's no risk of infecting anyone else if the corona cells in your body are dead. Unfortunately it sounds like this is just something people are going to have to deal with until they come up with a better test.

7. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

My question is, would the NBA, or any other sports league, allow a player in this situation to join their teammates and compete?

8. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

9. bratna8

bratna8 Member

10. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I.D.I.O.T. !!!!!!

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad we are all learning to love Russell Westbrook. I hope he brought efficient Westbrook with him and not that brick artist from the first half of the season.

bilaal14 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Uh oh Luc to follow.

14. sheb

sheb Member

15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

This will be the First Time James Harden will not be Triple Teamed or Double Teamed.

Russell Westbrook is a Legit Scorer and Slasher, Playmaker. He can carry the scoring load.

Robert Covington, P.J Tucker, Luc Mbah Moute, Eric Gordon. Ben McLemore, Jeff Green, Austin Rivers, Tyson Chandler

The Depth and in their Prime in Russell Westbrook and James Harden, Robert Covington are going to carry this team.

This team is better than the 2017 team. Roster wise, the age, the shooters on this team are better. Finally a Star player in his Prime with James Harden.

16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

It will be interesting see how much better we get defensively from this little training camp, I'd at all.

Maybe I'm biased but I believe we can make the biggest leap on both ends out of anyone. Obviously the defense has been mediocre with better communication we can be top 10.
    Even with one of the highest scoring offenses in the league our shot percentage on wide open shots is below average, EGO has been one of the worst players in the league who get playing time, and harden had the longest slump of his career. If we fix even one of these three I like our chances.

I'm just ready for some rockets bball though damn!!!!!

17. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

That's because there's still particles of the inactivated virus protein in the blood, however you're no longer contagious and have antibodies. CDC now recommends 10 days iso only now instead of 14, which is great for a quicker return.

18. Asian Sensation

Way to discredit the 2017 teams accomplishments and throw shade at CP3 all in one post. How is the current team better age wise when Harden, Gordon, Tucker and Luc are all a couple years older? And you mention Chandler like he even gets any significant run.

The 2017 team was well balanced, superior defensively, deep and talented. We had a 28 year old Harden (best James we ever saw) and CP3 was still in his prime and was a vital part of helping James win his first MVP.

CP3 carried the load plenty of times during that playoff run when Harden would throw up his typical stinker here and there. Game 5 especially comes to mind when Harden was 7-22 and CP3 went off and pretty much single handedly eliminated the Jazz.

That team won 65 games for ****s sake. That’s a Houston record that will probably never be broken. The previous record for most wins was 58 games which was set in 93-94. Those 65 wins is tied for 21st best record in the NBA of all time.

64 games into this year and CP3 led the Thunder to the same exact record as the Rockets with Shai Gilgeous-Alexander as his best teammate.