1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. raining threes

I'm saying since I dont think Watson can win a championship, that I would rather the Texans org move on and bring in somebody else. Nothing at all racist with my opinion.

I guess where we disagree is you think Watson can win a championship and I dont. BTW, I hope you're right because I've re-signed myself that Watson is going to be here for another five years.

Or atleast I hope that's where we differ and you're not a racist.

2. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

I'm not trying to be rude, but what does it matter if you don't think Watson cannot win a championship? Especially, when you find more fans, coaches, scouts, media and professionals who totally disagree with you? No one on Kirby shares your opinion. Shoot, the majority of the posters on this forum don't agree with you.

Your only purpose is to get Watson off the Texans' roster and no amount of facts or reasoning will get you to change your mind. Your evaluation of Watson is totally based on your subjective opinion and is not related to previous experiences or even facts. You cherry pick stats and games without any context.

To avoid people from thinking you have an ulterior motive for not wanting Watson as the Texans' QB, you have to do a better job than incorrectly claiming Watson struggles against playoff defenses and when stats are provided, you don't even respond to the stats.

Jwise44 likes this.
  3. raining threes

You're right, it doesn't matter what I think. I see what I see and I wouldn't call the last 6 games of the year a small sample size. This is why I dont even bother responding to the DVOA stat nerds.

It's not my purpose to get him off of the roster, I have exactly no say so in Watson being on the roster and I agree with you that the decision makers for various reasons agree with your takes. I just happen to disagree with y'all and as a Texans fan I can see another 5 year period of what we've seen with the Texans org for almost two decades now. Style (Making money) over substance.

BTW, I honestly hope y'all are right and I'm wrong.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

RT: Let's see how this year plays out. In GM1 we have the soul crushing rematch of the PO game. It will be interesting to watch how our entire team responds to that challenge.

I've been watching sports for about 50 years, and DW has the "IT" factor. I'm confident that he can make a play when we need it. He's young and still developing, which encourages me he'll get even better at reading defenses, taking the easy play and protecting himself. This year's squad has more depth and different types of offensive weapons than before. TK will get his chance behind the wheel and I'm hoping he's more clever and creative than his predecessor.

While I'm not a BOB fan, I do see some method to his madness.

6. raining threes

51-7 although not all on Watson doesn't give me confidence in his IT factor.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

We shouldn't talk about 51-7 without at least mentioning 24-0. Plus they lost to the eventual superbowl champs in their stadium. The moment the Texans took the field goal instead of going for it, I knew the game was over. Not because of the Texans but because of the Chiefs. Once they get the momentum, it's very hard to get it back. What if I told you Peyton Manning lost 43-8 in a super bowl game? Yes THAT Peyton Manning.

eliefor3, csj and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

#1988 J.R., Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    HTown_TMac and Joshfast like this.
  9. raining threes

Two totally different situations.

Like I said, I would have totally cleaned house after 51-7

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Typical Madden ratings. 6 point difference between Lamar and Deshaun? LOL. I want to see the passing attribute ratings. 14 between Mahomes and Watson? LOL, come on now.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Different? Because the Broncos came back and WON the superbowl the next year?

*51-31

12. raining threes

Nope,

Surely you can see the difference in being up 24-0 and getting outscored 51-7 in 3 qtrs. As opposed to getting blown out by the better team from the jump in the SB.

I love how when things were tough Mahomes stood up and showed what leadership looks like. Something Watson could learn from.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

What does leadership look like? Mahomes showed leadership by coming back to win?

Did Watson show real leadership the week before down 16-0 and coming back to win?

When he easily could have taken the week off, what about busing to Jacksonville to play with a cracked/broken rib, bruised lung, and partially collapsed lung? Is that "real leadership"?

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

So you're saying it's okay to get blown out in four quarters but it's totally embarrassing to get blown out in 3 quarters. I like your logic.

I'm absolutely sure if that game was in Houston, that comeback wouldn't have happened. The crowd and momentum made a huge difference. Just as it did with the Texans just the week prior (credit to @J.R. for pointing this out already). Watson has led many comebacks of his own.

Fulgore and J.R. like this.
  15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lmao embarrassing

16. showa13

showa13 Member

Logic is thrown out the window when you choose Ryan Tannehill over Deshaun based upon watching Ryan Tannehill hand the ball off to Derrick Henry.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

There was so much wrong in that game that I have to question how much football anyone has played or researched to lay that loss at the feet of Deshaun as so many have. (not saying that you are doing it) but I see some "fans" who constantly cry "51-7" and somehow say Watson was at the heart of it all. SMH.

31/52 388 yards 2TDs throwing 1TD running

Was it Deshauns fault that neither Hyde or Duke were efficient? Hell Deshaun almost led the team in rushing in that game also.

The fake punt, the dumb field goal from the 20 yard line. The Kenny Stills reverse in the 2nd half. The turtle job by OBrien, the pathetic job of man defense by Crennel and his squad.

Deshuan did his job.

In football it takes more than one superstar to get it done.

3Rings likes this.
  18. thejav

thejav Member

Extension or nah??

19. Fantasma Negro

No extension, his agent is a moron. How the **** is this dude supposed to be a lawyer but didn't read the warrant or the boyfriend's statement but what a way to be irresponsible with his most valued client. Smfh, the information is there and people are choosing to be ignorant.

20. dookiester

dookiester Member

raining threes really liked the way mahomes led the KC defense to turn things around and shut down the texans offense. if only the texans had a qb who could dominate on offense and defense like mahomes!

3Rings and J.R. like this.