1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New yankee sign stealing info?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Htown Legend, Jun 13, 2020.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

2. msn

msn Member

Dirtbags. Hypocrites. And the pitiful sheep swallowing what they're being spoonfed and regurgitating hate on this team and its city.

Manfred and the media should be ashamed of themselves. But the smug bastards are proud.

Filthy disgusting.

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

4. SemisolidSnake

We knew this wasn't going anywhere. I just want Manfred to burn if nothing else ever happens. He's the one that okayed this unprecedented scapegoating. He shouldn't come away unscathed.

raining threes, jim1961 and RayRay10 like this.
  5. donkeypunch

Fiers needs to get beaned in the head. Im thinking Correa snagging a grounder with a man on second, advancing to third and Correa just laser rockets one at fiers in the dugout.

6. CinematicFusion

That accident happens all the time. Part of the game. Fiers was just in wrong place at wrong time.

RustyHarden and raining threes like this.
  7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

That's Bush League. I hope the Astros are better than that. I'd rather just win every game against him.

8. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bash his brains in figuratively versus literally. I wouldn't mind if they f'd with him mentally by asking to "check it" every time he throws a pitch after getting a new ball.

RayRay10 and raining threes like this.
  9. donkeypunch

So is celebrating a WS win with a team, diddling kids and then ratting out the team you won with.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Astros have had no problems hurting Fiers where it hurts the most (in the game itself).... which is likely the most compelling reason why Fiers felt the need to blab.

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

So you are saying Astros should basically be like Fiers? Yep, that isn't the path I would like the Astros to take.

12. raining threes

Where's Buster/Passan/Footter etc... They were behind this because they couldn't stand Luhnow. This never really about cheating or the integrity of the game. If I was Crane, I would've hired Sid Medjal and kept rolling right along. This would basically give the middle finger to Manfred/the national media.

Mission accomplished

13. donkeypunch

Thats fine and I can understand that, but I dont think its stopping opposing pitchers around the league from throwing at our guys, maybe even in the head area. All because of one punk that felt the need to show the world his tampon.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The opposing pitchers that bean Astros will be Bush League as well. That still does not justify the Astros acting like Fiers.

15. donkeypunch

Acting like fiers would be to throw Beltran, Correa and probably McCann under the bus with their handling of the whole situation. It would be driving home that the yankees, dodgers and numerous other teams cheated. We are acting nothing like fiers. We have too much integrity for that. To each their own on how things should be handled but I draw the line when our guys are being put in a position to get hurt because one guy. Well, things can be handled on the field in various amounts of ways. Ill just agree to disagree. Were kind of a long ways away from being the "Good Guys" any longer.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

So what you are saying is that beaning an Astro is not okay, but it is okay for Astros to bean someone else. Both actions are wrong.

17. donkeypunch

Lulz. WUT? I never said it was okay. An eye for an eye? That Im okay with. Like I said agree to disagree. You have your thoughts, Ill have mine.

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but for some reason Crane seems to have fallen in line. He can’t possibly think that the Astros were alone in this can he?

raining threes likes this.
  19. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

He probably knows for a fact they weren't I bet Manfred even shared details with him and then warned him again that he needs to keep bending over or he'll take the Astros away from him like they force bribed him into moving them to the AL. Do it or you don't get to own them.

raining threes likes this.
  20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

No he absolutely knows they were not alone. I wouldn’t take much of his comments to the media as reflective of his actual feelings.