1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Expect the NBA back playing by mid/late June with 10 reg season games before POs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 5, 2020.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This would be ideal.

[​IMG]

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Was there a specific reason they chose Florida? Did ESPN/ABC/Disney say it would be easier/cheaper to broadcast games there?

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

There’s a better chance the Rockets win all 8 games than play all 8 games.

snowconeman22 and D-rock like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Oh did I say 10,000 cases a day by next month? I meant "this weekend"

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...ne-day-record-with-9585-new-coronavirus-cases

This is a catastrophe.

malakas and D-rock like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. SamFisher

Let me guess - Florida, Texas and Arizona are not on their menu

D-rock and amaru like this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

texas and Arizona both prolly have enough rural area to safely host tournaments ... but no stadiums out there .

they should just pick a nice resort in North Dakota or Montana, is there any state that has nice weather over the summer for outdoor b-ball ?

prop up a few tents and some big fans , just host it outdoors . I’m sure the tv people can get the lighting right .

I’m sure there’s a nice place that has cabins , every team can get their own lodge .

maybe Canada can do us a solid and we can host it in banff

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

D-rock likes this.
  11. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Lubbock?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nice, leggo camping.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sources say the Cavs, Pistons and Hawks have been among the most vocal organizations and several teams (including the Timberwolves) are expressing interest in possibly serving as the hosts. Sources say Las Vegas and Houston were among the cities mentioned by league officials as possible locations on the Thursday call.

________

D-rock and pippendagimp like this.
  14. SamFisher

...and gales of laughter and eye rolls ensued, for reasons that don't need to be stated.

I don't want to be triumphant over a ****ing plague, I wish I was wrong.

My God I wish I was owned, for my 70+ Houston parents sake if not general humanity, but nearly everything you have posted on this thread in your epidemiological capacity has been insanely wrong - and that's actually dangerous.

Not because of you, obv., But the collective guard-let-down that the NBA helped encourage in the last month is a ****ing catastrophe, for people who live in Florida, Texas, the USA and the world.

malakas and Ziggy like this.
  15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The May 4 post of mine that you've quoted multiple times was pushing back on the model of 3,000 deaths per day by June. We've averaged about a quarter of that.

It's not the whole picture, I fully admit that. But it's certainly not "insanely wrong," either.

(Unless you meant wrong from the standpoint of ethics. If so, agree to disagree.)

D-rock likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why would they mention Houston as a possible location? Are league officials not aware of the current situation in this city?

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but Disney staff will be allowed to leave the bubble right? If they are, then u can’t even call what they have going on there a bubble. Coronavirus is ravaging Florida, and staff members will be going in and out.

#1217 Reeko, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    joshuaao, HP3, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I did finally come up with a reason that Florida might be good. It will discourage players from leaving the reservation if the countryside is full of infected people.

joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They called it the bubble before Orange County became an epicenter of it all because of what it should have represented, now it is an entirely new situation, they just stuck with that term, it is just an experimental site.

Players need their barbers, masseurs who also need to leave the bubble to run errands.

#1220 daywalker02, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020