1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict the 2020 Season Drama Microscope: Cheating, BLM or Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Xerobull, Jun 25, 2020.

?

Predict the 2020 Season Drama Microscope: Cheating, BLM or Coronavirus?

1. Cheating

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. BLM

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Coronavirus

13 vote(s)
    76.5%
  1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

What's your take? I think the only thing that could have taken the spotlight off of the Cheating (Astros) scandal would be some sort of national emergency/disaster, and we have two.

What do you think will be the biggest focus of the sports gossip sites like ESPN?

2. raj87

raj87 Member

Wow, what a cynical thread. I will not be voting.

The Beard likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Astros win 2nd *asterisked *title in 4 years"

awc713, joshuaao, Nook and 3 others like this.
  4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I didnt vote because cheating on spouse is not acceptable.

Xerobull likes this.
  5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

The cheating hate will pick up as the Astros dominate the shortened season. Houston continues it's proud sports tradition of championships with asterisks.

6. Xerobull

I don’t think it’s cynical at all. Have you watched ESPN I’m the last five years?

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

After an Altuve home run trot, he should rip open his jersey so out falls a sealed clasp envelope labeled "Classified: Manfred <3's NYY."

msn and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. msn

msn Member

Cynicism, even when earned and accurate, is still cynicism. I found the post cynical but not at all unnecessarily cynical. ESPN has earned our cynicism.

9. msn

msn Member

I get the meaning of the post, but I'm sad that BLM can be reduced to "drama" because of the actions or coverage of media (including social media). At the heart of the issue, BLM isn't a drama; it's a crisis. Why do people have to take a knee during a national anthem to bring awareness that somebody's life matters? Are we truly still this f'ed up? Yes. Yes, we are. ☹️

Nook likes this.
  10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I was wrong when I said they'd play baseball...looks like they will. So my opinion on this is probably wrong too. But there's no bubble here at all. The players will go home every night to families and friends with no restrictions. Those family members and friends could have been anywhere...and the next day, the player will walk into a locker room and interact with other players and managers...some of those managers are absolutely vulnerable to serious implications from COVID due to age. It will take all of one older manager with serious symptoms before they suspend and/or cancel the 60 game season that would otherwise produce the most historically irrelevant and meaningless champion in the game's history. 60 games..lol.

crose and Nook like this.
  11. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, I forsee the NBA/MLB resumptions being derailed by positive Covid-19 tests.

12. Nook

Nook Member

This.

It is going to take Dusty Baker, Ron Gardenhire, Joe Maddon, Brian Snitker or Bud Black dying from COVID for it to shut down.

Sadly, Dusty is really at risk....... 71 years old, over weight with diabetes and a history of a stroke.

Maybe Joe Espada will get to manage after all.

13. Xerobull

I agree with you 100% that neither option a or b should be considered drama but that’s what sells the funny papers these days.

msn likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Aaron Judge, Juan Soto's age, Aaron Judge.

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure how a rational person is suppose to know the answer. A rational person wouldn't watch ESPN gossip shows.

From news outlets I follow, the owners are greedy while the players poop rainbows seem to be the top story and with a likely grievance...should continue to be so. Baseball media has been pretty uppity without baseball.

#15 Joe Joe, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

BTW, I would love Altuve to hit 0.400 this year while Verlander sets the MLB record ERA such that the cheating scandal is the top story.

The Beard likes this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"I'm disappointed the Houston Astros won't be greeted appropriately this season.." Brandon Moleski KFAN Minnesota Sports Talk Radio..

I gotta admit I'm enjoying the hate. This must be what it feels like to be a Patriots fan..

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Be careful what you ask for you frostback mother****ers.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, will he be booing and mercilessly riding Marwin this season?

msn likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To be fair he and Common Man have questioned the sudden rise of the Twins power numbers and if that had anything to do with Marwin coming to the team.