1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets cut Isaiah Hartenstein

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 23, 2020.

1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Well ****....

kjayp and daywalker02 like this.
  2. Bobby Jackson Rules

First Donte Greene, and then Budinger, Melton, now IHart.

SC1211 and J.R. like this.
  3. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

he just doesn't fit in our championship window....hate to lose him. he'll probably be good in about 3-4 years with a great three point shot. we don't have time for that.

raining threes likes this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think good is his ceiling, tbh. Hard to imagine him as a starter for a contending team, but he'll probably earn a roster spot somewhere.

Melton, on the other hand...

5. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

At this point, small ball has to work. If it doesn’t, it is time to move on from MDA. Bring in JVG or Thib, trade EG for Myles Turner, try to bring in a PF with the MLE. Someone like Gallinari or maybe Jamychal Green. Need a backup Center as well. Could take a flyer on Cousins or someone like Olynyk or Meyers Leonard. Probably let Sefolosha and Chandler go. Try to move House as well.

PG: Westbrook, Rivers (if he picks up option)
    Clemons/undrafted rookie
    SG: Harden/McLemore
    SF: Covington/Green/House?
    PF: Galinari/Tucker/Caboclo
    C: Turner/Cousins or Leonard or Olynyk/undrafted rookie

6. jcmoon

i agree that good is his celing. he could end up being a starter on a bad team or a bench player on a good team. His pick and roll game is just decent and his defense against guards isn't good enough. In order to negate that he needs to be a knock down 3 point shooter to play in this league. His hustle and rebounding are nice. he just doens't have enough skill yet. but i do think he can be a great 3 point shooter one day, especially if he's given minutes to work on his game on a bad team.his defense in the post is just serviceable but not good enough yet. but i do think he will add muscle on that frame and won't be pushed around as easily. We just don't have time for him to develop and grow.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

you will be waiting for a long time...unless you count the G-league.

Nook likes this.
  8. edwardc

edwardc Member

Teams are going to out rebound the rockets with ease this move is something one would expect out of BOB not from Morey.

9. Moahst

Moahst Member

Well we weren't going to use Hartenstein this season (if it happens). I really liked his energy though.

raining threes likes this.
  10. edwardc

edwardc Member

What championship window this is not a smart move at all and he can already shot the 3 point shot a very bad move.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

2-11 in actual NBA games says much different and his g-league 28% also says much different

plain and simple and it still shouldn't be rocket science to understand this by now

jiggyfly, ElPigto, topfive and 3 others like this.
  12. edwardc

edwardc Member

Still better than anybody else on the team that's 6'10.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

that doesn't say anything lol

ElPigto likes this.
  14. jcmoon

i don't like the move, what i mean by window, is an attempt at a championship....

even though he can shoot it, its obviously not good enough where they let him shoot it in a game.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Dude was really messing up the average height stat of the team.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

LOL you get it.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

I know just making small jokes cause at this time small ball is just not playoff tested.

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Not that I think Hartenstein is great , but it’s hard to argue that he isn’t a capable backup C already (regular season) Especially if you consider that his play is elevated by playing with James or Russ .

he was pretty much guaranteed to be able to produce that for us next year , if not more , after all he is young and seemed to have an up arrow on his stock .

He’s not a contending level backup C right now for sure , or would have to get lucky and play to the absolute best of his ability to not be a detriment in the playoffs .... on the other hand the guy we’d rather gamble on is coming off Achilles ..... I’ll leave it at that .

I’m not too broken up about Hartenstein, but I AM cynical that the rockets will ever develop a player again . Say what you want about that choice from a Winning perspective, it IS nice to have homegrown talent our your team . It IS nice to see young guys step up and deliver .

It’s a marginal negative this season ... obviously they felt it was a positive for next year .

we might as well delete the RGV section of the board , no one of note is gonna come up and down over the next couple of years . We use it as a factory to work on running to the corners and shooting 3’s ... which might work in terms of helping harden . But as far as trying to develop complete players , we’ve given up .

19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

This is a maddening move. We hold on to Hartenstein during the lowest-value years of an international big man's development... patiently waiting for him to be ready... he then dominates the G-League and shows serious potential in his limited minutes in the NBA... and right before he's about to breakout and we harvest the seeds that were planted and watered for years ... WE CUT HIM.

We either should have cut him years ago, or not cut him now. I think he's got a bright future in the league. Big men, especially international big men, develop late!

20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

If this isn't making room for Zhou Qi, I'm against it.

raining threes and Moahst like this.