1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Noted Rockets fan Max Kellerman gets owned on Harden topic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ferrari77, Jun 12, 2020.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Glad Dominique could laugh in Kellermans face while rebutting some of his crap.

Apologies if there's a Kellerman ban on here and I ignored it. (i figure by now with all his hot air on tv about Harden and the Rockets that there might as well be a Kellerman ban).

2. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Watch harden miss the rebound and then forget to close out to his defensive responsibility, jaylen brown.

As a defender you have to commit to doing something correctly, you can't mess up both plays and expect success.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

This a game the Rockets won.

Go change your diapers you sewage slurping troll.

4. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

f*cking hilarious....

daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  5. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I'm down for an ESPN First Take ban because they just straight up hate on all Houston sports. Of course as Yankees fans they took a steaming pile of **** on the Astros over the sign stealing even though the Yanks did the same crap.

**** SAS and **** Kellerman! Undisputed all day every day.

ferrari77 and amaru like this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

How stupid is your post? Lemme tell you. But you should watch the video again. Ok, done re-watching?

Harden jumps for the rebound and almost gets it, but it's heavily impacted by Tatum swiping at it. Can't fault him for that, as you can't both block out the FT shooter and jump for the rebound at the same time.

Then, you'll see that Brown was actually Westbrook's responsibility. Initially, Westbrook was blocking out Brown. After the miss, Westbrook moves forward a bit for the chance at a rebound. Brown gives him a slight shove while retreating behind the 3pt line, and then hits the shot.

tl;dr? In no way did Harden whiff that rebound. Didn't mis-time it, didn't butterfingers it. He had his hand on it, attempted to bring his arm down but Tatum knocked it away. In no way was Brown, Harden's responsibility. Clearly Westbrook's.

As a Clutchfans poster, you have to commit to doing something correctly. You can't just post a YT video, talk out of your ass and expect success.

7. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

So what you are saying his point is inaccurate?

D-rock likes this.
  8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

The thing is the proper play isn't jumping in the air for the rebound, it is full body box out of the free throw shooter.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

High-stakes game, adrenaline rush. Ball didn't go in, and is now coming towards you. If I secure the rebound, I secure the ball. If I secure the ball, my team wins the game without any doubt.

Took me an amount of time to think of and type up that response - an amount of time way longer than Harden had, in reacting in that point in time.

Proper play is proper play, but in the setting of chaos, instinct tends to win out. Marcus Smart executed the proper play and boxed out Jeff Green, completely. Still lost the ball because of chaos. Neither Tatum, Harden nor Smart secured the ball. It was knocked around where it eventually bounced towards Brown.

Look at Covington in that video. The "proper play" for him was to box out his man (Gordon Hayward), which he did. You know what happened next? Because he was on Hayward, he didn't go towards Brown to try and contest that shot.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

The poster's second statement about defense is a generalization. His post also has nothing to do with the video from ESPN. The video referenced Harden's entire career and the poster says some random thing about one play from one game that had nothing to do with playoffs or anything relevant to this thread topic.

D-rock likes this.
  11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

It was stupid because you can see harden clapping his hands after Tatum missed the first free throw.

Then harden fails to get the rebound, and he is so disappointed and he gives up on the play leaving jaylen brown wide open!

The fact that harden was clapping his hands after the first free throw leads you to wonder if harden even anticipated that the other team might miss on purpose in hopes of getting a three point attempt to tie the game.

It looked like harden was completely unaware of the in-game situation.

#11 smoothie_king, Jun 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

This argument is meaningless, we all know that outside of Rockets fans, everyone else will remember Harden as an all-time playoff choker unless he wins a ring.

amaru and cheke64 like this.
  13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Bring house on some baseline curls for moving without the ball. Take advantage of danuel house because house has speed and maybe house can catch teams off guard because they not expecting house only if you going to a danuel house mismatch early in the shot clock.

House can find Westbrook for reset if house gets pinned down early!

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Dannnng lol

D-rock likes this.
  15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i got no problem with Harden on that play - the effort was there for the rebound... as long as the effort is there - no prob...

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I bet majority of the superstars can't blame Harden

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

****ing A, dude!

:cool:

D-rock likes this.
  18. rocketseagles07

All 3 of them are correct with certain points. Max - he’s not the same player(he’s not), Jay will who’s defended him(he has career defining blunders), and Nique(cap spikes, fluke games and better teams have a lot to do with it).

Again, clutch fans asking for objectivity after the way I saw you all S*** on Michael Jordan is HILARIOUS. Y’all do the same things you complain about other fan bases doing

ferrari77 likes this.
  19. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I am not an anti Harden person nor am I saying he sucks for that one play, I am just saying Smoothies post wasn't inaccurate yet people were acting like he was crazy.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Harden's assignment is to block the FT shooter and rebound the ball that's what he did

Jaylen Brown was outside the arc and someone else was covering him

watch the video again at the 27 second mark

D-rock likes this.