1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike D'Antoni says James Harden is 'ready,' Rockets all-in with small ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jun 6, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This time around not when the best small ball player that put microball on the map of everyone is the one whose lane got unclogged, you praise him first, that's what unbiased coaches do.

Any other time it's Harden FWIW.

He also didn't talk much about the two 4 game losing streaks.
    And Harden having multiple bad shooting nights and low energy.

I hope he is being critical behind doors, because he is not known for holding players accountable.

#21 daywalker02, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    kjayp likes this.
  2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Harden seemed really down in the dumps when we last saw the team. It could've been a mix of things (Kobe's shocking tragedy, worries about the coronavirus coming to the U.S., that stain on his shorts everyone mocked, trying to adjust to Westbrook's game) but hopefully he's in a better place mentally now.

RocketRed84, amaru and rocketman84 like this.
  3. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

That is what the vipers are going to say

amaru likes this.
  4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

My personal interpretation was that he knew his body wasn’t where it needed to be to play alongside Russ. His extra weight had slowed his first step leading him to shoot too many threes and be less effective. He was frustrated with how he fit in the new offense.

this the dedication to body and trimming down. Now he will go back to playing a similar role to Russ - where he is penetrating, scoring at the rim and facilitating for others.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

I don't care what you hope.

MDA has forgotten more about coaching basketball than what you think you understand.

Your assumptions about what is going on behind the scenes is presumptuous at best, ignorant at worst. And it's not just you.

Spectators always feel they know better than the players and coaches, no matter what level of play.

6. kevtse

kevtse Member

Harden has fire?!

7. amaru

amaru Member

MDA has a playbook?!? o_O

kjayp likes this.
  8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

do u feel the same about Bill O'Brien?

Obviously he knows infinitely more about football than u or i... do you feel his actions should be beyond reproach by us spectators? How about MJ or Isiah as GMs?

I've mentioned before that one of my favorite quotes by a comedian was when he was told he never played football so his opinion is irrelevant... he said something to the affect of 'I dont know how to fly a helicopter either - but when i see one crashed in a tree, I'm pretty sure something went wrong...' lol :)

Rock Block likes this.
  9. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

kjayp likes this.
  10. s3ts

s3ts Member

It would be so awesome if we can do this kind of schedule every season.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

MDA coaching the Rockets is nothing close to a disaster.

The comparison is ludicrous.

Disingenuous to suggest that the greatest winning record in franchise history is a helicopter crash, exaggerate much?

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

Well, I do wonder what you think of this season, though.

I honestly think it sucks that we're not better in the records vs OKC considering we did a swap. w/ them I don't know if that blame goes on anyone specifically, maybe the whole team. But I'm definitely not happy about that.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets best 4 players (Russ, Harden, Clint, EGo) were out of sync due to injuries, no back to backs, inefficiency and lack of chemistry.

OKC success is more than CP3 - the other big trade that added SGA, Gallinari and a healthy rotation of Steven Adams/Nerlens Noel is severely underrated.

SGA (19-6-3), Schroeder (19-4-4) and Gallinari (19-6-2) are the true stars on Thunder. CP3 providing more leadership and D.

CP3 is averaging 2 more pts (17) same number of rebounds (4) and 2 fewer assists (6.8) than he produced last season with Rockets.

Russ production (27.5 vs. 22.8 pts) and efficiency (47% vs. 42%) is much better than his last season in OKC.

jcmoon and hakeem94 like this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL accountable for what? for not being perfect?

D-rock likes this.
  15. s3ts

s3ts Member

I don't disagree w/ the other moves being a part of that, it's just that I thought we'd be better this season than what panned out.

I'm sure we will do better in the playoffs than what our standings project, so we are still a better team. But disappointing still.

D-rock likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Remains to be seen, one thing about microball is you get tired on one front.

Refreshed for the first 8 games for sure, what would be next.....

It is really hard to shoot lights out with slightly above average shooters, rebound with ferocity, and play perfect smallball switch D, bang with much taller players.

And add to it, most of the players are either approaching 30 or beyond 30 yrs of age. Majority are not stars.

17. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The "nothing to lose" mentality is not the same as "all in". Mike d'antoni is not a young coach so promoting "nothing to lose" is just fraud and complete desperation.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

One has nothing to do with the other you brain dead diseased eunuch MFer.

riko and Reeko like this.
  19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I legit don't know who that is.

D-rock likes this.
  20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

hes the idiot head coach/GM of the Houston Texans... a real meathead... lol