1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rush Limbaugh on the Breakfast Club

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I could not believe my eyes when I saw this video pop up on Youtube

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

“America is great for ANYONE WHO CAN ADAPT”

Rush says it right there.

And then plays the card where he says “ohh no.. that’s not what I meant... oh Charlamayne” when he gets called out to try and turn the tables. I’m sick of the coded language that guys like Rush and others use that send a purposeful message but they do it in this way of giving themselves a tiny bit of plausible deniability.

#2 dobro1229, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    joshuaao, Nook, AleksandarN and 2 others like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think he is scared that the mob will come for him.

I will watch when I have a chance but did they challenge him on fanning these flames over the last 20 years?

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

they pressed him on his statement from back in 2014 I believe where he said it was a President’s job to unite

Rush Limbaugh also said he doesn’t believe there is anything like white privilege or white supremacy...that it’s a Democratic/liberal construction

5. dmoneybangbang

Man that's some really good air brush..... takes away the wrinkles and opiod abuse.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I thought this crackhead was dying?

Rocket River

edwardc and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Contacts for souls generally guarantee a fixed life span.

Faust was a damned fool for not hiring a lawyer.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Rush should be tried as a traitor to this country.

DD

9. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

The Breakfast Club crew sounded exactly like you guys in here, white supremacy and racism. Lol
    Gotta give Rush some credit for trying. How do you talk to a group of people who has already made up their minds and convinced that they will never get a fair shake as long as whiteys are in charge?

edwardc likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No, he has freedom of speech, DD. He's exercising it. The fellow who should be tried, convicted, and sent to prison is trump. He's frantic to steal the election anyway he can. trump knows that when Biden wins and the Democratic Party controls both the House and the Senate, which looks more likely by the day, not only will trump be a private citizen again, he'll be one on his way to being tried and convicted. I think he'll ultimately end up spending the remainder of his sorry life behind bars. Rush? Doesn't matter.

Nook, edwardc, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Reeko

Charlamagne is like Skip or Cowherd, but he doesn't get the same attention

This is my favorite Charlamagne interview

@Reeko
    @Air Yordan

you know like 1% of the D&D thinks this is the radio show

and the other 99% think thought Rush was going to join Molly Ringwald and Judd Nelson and Anthony Michael Hall

Admit D&D, you got no culture

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

A Rush quote for you...

“Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

Here is what he told a black caller... “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.”

You sound like someone that doesn't think racism exists or that it has no bearing on life for minority groups. You're wrong, of course, factually, and I could pull up data, research, studies to back my claim, I know it wouldn't matter... you're set in this mindset because you think when people talk about white privilege and systemic racism that they are personally insulting you.

But I did find it ironic that you mocked the existence of racism while referring to Rush Limbaugh.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Great movie but the kids were all white and not diverse enough. Well, Emilio is a proud Mexican but you couldn’t tell. And, the way they paraded around that school and tore up the library while abusing that statue was sickening. And, who ended up paying for those ceiling tiles when Judd fell through the ceiling? Just sickening. Too much white privilege going on! And, the way they made the one smart kid write the essay at the end was profiling and so wrong!

tinman and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I’ll say this no matter how much I wish it but a United States president will never spend time behind bars.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Rush trying to try and make getting fired 9 times, having a car keyed or it's tires blown to being racially profiled by police...pretty much the definition of white privilege

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/media/rush-limbaugh-breakfast-club-george-floyd/index.html

'You're being delusional': Rush Limbaugh scolded by hosts of 'The Breakfast Club' for denying existence of white privilege

16. conquistador#11

I was hoping he'd bust a freestyle

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

You have just proven my point that how do we have a dialogue when your mind is already made up? I agree with you that racism is still alive in America as well as the rest of the world. It is in our sinful nature and the only cure is the blood of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. With that being said, I’ve traveled to over 60 countries including my stint in the military when I was stationed in Europe. I can assure you America is the least racist place on earth. Just ask yourself this, why do the rest of world beat down our doors,walls, fences and trying to get in as fast as they could? They know one thing that a lot of native born Americans took for granted, in America, you have a real chance to make it in spite of who you are. I’m not denying there are racist people, institutions out there, but the problems are exasperated by the people profiting from this. The truth is a relative thing to some people, you can tell them the truth, but when they don’t like that truth and would rather believe in their own truth, there is nothing that you can do.
    Rush is trying his damnest to make this point to the crew by pointing out how successful they are with their show, but of course, they would have none of it. The beautiful thing is this is America, you are free to think whether you are an oppressed minority or a free one that built businesses and employed thousands. If you think you can or you can’t, either way you are right.

#18 generalthade_03, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    cml750 likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

The cure to racism isn't the blood of Jesus Christ.

First, no the USA isn't the least racist place on earth, but yes there are more racist nations but how is that relevant? The reality is that there is still a lot of racism and inequality in the USA that needs to be addressed.

No, the racism and inequality is real and is supported by almost every objective measure.

Yes. Well "truth" isn't something Trumpophiles should really be discussing as they have gone out of their way to not follow the facts. To the point that they came up with "fake news" and "alternative news". Further, the current President has been objectively proven to be the least factually accurate President in modern US history.

It is harder to make it in the USA than it has been in general, as reflected in the GDP and wealth distribution of the USA.

On a side note, I give Limbaugh credit for going on the show. He is older and established, and he certainly did not "need" to go on.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

He knew a couple clubs he was at he could have rolled up on him but that would be gangster so decided to show up as man to put respect on his name
    @Reeko

RayRay10 likes this.