1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Royce White towers above the Minneapolis protests, and thousands are looking up to him"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Will, Jun 1, 2020.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Im still jaded from his "tenure" here. The piling-on is just me not liking the guy and what seem to be his narcissistic ways. Saying he got back on track from mental illness is one thing but maybe his mental illness wasnt as traumatic as he made it out to be with his diva persona being another. I mean, he gets on a plane just fine now it seems.

I hate this is coming from a guy that just wants to seem relevant and garner limelight and be revered as some kind of modern day hero. People en masse are sheep, that will listen to a well dressed man with a speakerphone. People burning buildings and cars to the ground cause they saw other people on tv do it, are sheep.

His story of mistaken identity doesnt even relate to Floyds tragedy. He wants to rally cause he felt abused? It was mistaken identity, they apologized. They couldve been looking for a serial murderer for all he knew. Him sharing that story doesnt even come close to what happened to Floyd and wants make out like he was a victim too? Not trying to hear it man. Turning this into some platform for himself was thinly vised imo.

2. foggy94

foggy94 Member

The problem with Royce White is you read a paragraph where he says something about needing better mental health provisions and it’s like ok that sounds good... and then in the next sentence he will say ‘that’s why I’m not in the league, I’m blacklisted. There are 5 Point Forwards in the world, LeBron is one and I’m another’ and it’s like ok take the mic away from this guy.

Reeko, Richie_Rich, DCkid and 5 others like this.
  3. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Mike D said to the Rockets to hype them up for the Championship run:

“You have to dominate, if you don’t dominate you’re wasting your time. They’re going to run over you, you’re going to look like a bunch of jerks,”

SamFisher likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I give him credit but we all know he is everywhere where the spotlight is, anywhere other than the NBA court.

Wouldn't be surprised if he tries to be an astronaut next when the crisis has been solved.

https://www.tmz.com/2013/11/08/royce-white-deadbeat-dad-love-child-alleged-baby-mama/
    https://www.houstonpress.com/news/uh-oh-royce-white-may-have-knocked-up-another-groupie-bewell-6710905

Oh and this. Fathers numerous children without taking care of them.

#24 daywalker02, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Things were mighty sparse in the GARM, so I invoked Clutch's "the slower people can talk about Tracy Murray" clause. But it's getting maybe a little too political, so I'll move this to D&D.

AroundTheWorld, jiggyfly and Patience like this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Man, he's not only a former NBA player. He's a Rockets legend. Get on with the program!

topfive likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is he bringing back bang bus?

9. Emanon

Emanon Member

Give me back the pick

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Royce White is the original looter, unfortunately an awful shooter.

the11mingdynasty and payaso like this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't have any issue with Royce White. We knew the risk when we acquired him and you live with that roll of the dice. Hopefully he's found his calling and can do something positive.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

This guy is such an attention w****. It's hard to feel he's sincere after witnessing his stint in Houston.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Shitty Photoshop...2/10.

Nook likes this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Anyone who has followed White knows that his crusading has always been to benefit himself, under the guise of benefitting others in "his situation". He mis-represented what anxiety is and probably did more to spread misinformation and frustration than any good will towards mental health -- all while patting himself on the back.

It's no wonder his "friends aren't surprised he found this realm of leadership". He was born to be an influencer!

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Meh.. I'm not going to go out to a protest just to see ex-Rocket Royce White.

Now if it was Ryan Bowen I'm THERE!

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Kapernick is there real Prophet of Peaceful Protest right now.

Wipipo sure hate his ungrateful guts, but if they're honest with themselves, he really deserves a change of heart