1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you ever "revisited" a place in a dream that exists only in your dreams?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Jun 1, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I have that often as well. I'll be dozing off and I'll hear a loud electric noise like someone just turned off a 90's TV in my head and will jolt awake and my neck will jerk up. I have never seen a light or felt heat or anything.

Like this except very, very loud.

KingCheetah and Yung-T like this.
  2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. body slam

body slam Member

Kinda. I've had the same dream several times in the past 40 years. I'm in a car under a freeway overpass/bridge. My father and uncle are going to get the troll under the bridge. They go to one side but the troll is on the other. He jumps on to the car and start banging his head into the windshield. At that point I always wake up. The troll has showed up in other dreams. He wears brownish clothes. His face is like a kabuki mask with brown, orange, maroon, fall colors.

I had all kinds of weird stuff happen in dreams deja vu, dream in a dream, being able to take control of my dreams, reoccurring character, ect....

Yung-T likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I battle with sleep apnea and have had similar dreams before...grim reaper hovering over me, sleeper holds, all that.

I'd visit an ent to see if it's a "fixable problem" covered by insurance. You still likely need two opinions. For me it's many issues, I'm not fat but can breathe easier if my throat isn't blocking my air passages while sleeping. I've read that learning to play digeradoo helps solve this one, doctors will recommend expensive sleep study and an even more exp cpap if you're diagnosed with it.

I couldn't sleep with the darth vader setup so i got a mouth guard that shifts the jaw for easier breathing. It does not solve the problem entirely but way better than waking up a sluggish post hangover.

Not many good answers out there. Digeradoo might be fun and trolly right now though.

Also if you have allergies, take a claritin or time your 24 hr pill an hour or two before you sleep. That might be a magical clear and energetic day you never noticed before.

Yung-T and ThatBoyNick like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm not overweight either, but I'm a sickly little ****. When I was a kid I was told I'm allergic to everything, I've never been able to breathe through my nose properly, had two turbine reductions surgeries when I was 15 (thank god for Medicaid I remember seeing that the bills were like 15k each), the doctor said there was nothing wrong with my nose but that it was extremely swollen inside, and that he'd recommend me living somewhere else in the country with cleaner air / less pollen to see if it would help.

So I can see why I could have sleep apnea, but yeah doctor isn't an option at this time in my life. Might have to try a mouth guard and some different sleep positions if it keeps happening.

Yung-T likes this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes. I have been uploaded. You are all digital constructs saying everything and meaning nothing.

The Earth is round. I have seen it. Be careful. Androids may return to our planet. They are lonely. I will make them lonelier still if they aren't careful.

I tried to go to an Off-World colony, but they said that our planet is quarantined, and our travel limited to our Solar System until we become civilized. That, or find both a vaccine and a cure for COVID-19. They aren't particular.

Patient Zero has the answer. He's making eyes at the orange fat man with the short, pudgy hands. Is love in the air?

I think that if we change the name of the virus, they'll get confused, shrug, and let those who want to leave, leave.

So leave.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I use to get the tsunami wave while on the beach with my family alot. That one scarred me for life.

8. Katya_93

Katya_93 Member

Oh yes.
    I've had dreams where I am in my own little private block of happiness. Beautiful gardens with a gorgeous lake running through.
    And then I got married to a skinny, short, dweeby looking man in an outdoor wedding who then turned into a woman at night.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I have full out dreams that I'm in some make believe schools that I've never attended and can't figure out my class schedules. Go there all the time. It comes from the trauma of moving schools between sophomore and junior year, I think.

I have tons though. I'm more interested in lucid dreams, but dreams themselves are fascinating.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You're a lucid dreamer. The most fascinating part of sleeping. There are techniques to induce them. If you're interested, Google it.

I have them in spells. Always have. Love it.

PhiSlammaJamma likes this.
  11. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

cool thread! for the last few years ive been having dreams that take place in the same city. ive traveled around the town so much that i could draw a map of it. it feels like a combination of some european city like amsterdam. a beach city like san diego and austin, where i currently live...but an alternate reality version. sometimes the dreams are current times, sometimes it feels like austin when it was a sleepy college town in the 70's and sometimes i feel like it was a couple hundred years ago, but its always the same city.

ill often start my dream in the same place and i know exactly where im at and where i want to go. theres an ocean west of town and an old castle with lots of cool shops in it and the buildings on the main boulevard are connected by a second floor covered walkway that goes all the way through town. there are canals and pedestrian bridges that go over them. im often trying to get to the ocean in my dreams or explore the castle. its so vivid and i have these dreams all the time.

i had a few dreams where it seemed like i was in the 1800's and i was running with a group of 3 or 4 friends and we were thieves who would break into peoples houses and steal stuff to get by. in my dream i knew what we were doing was wrong, but at the same time we werent bad people...just young, fun-lovin' hooligans who didnt want to have real jobs and enjoyed the rush/risk of thievery. it seemed like it was living in a charles dickens novel or something.

im a huge history buff and i had a dream that must have been a couple years ago where i was in a park and there was a submarine that you could tour similar to the battleship texas or something. it was in a sunken garden in the middle of the park and you walked from one end to the other and there was tons of cool historical artifacts in there. i only went there once, but ive had several dreams since then where im looking for it and asking people where it is. its really weird that my dreaming-self is so hung up on finding it again.

what if dreams are you reliving your past life/lives?

#31 jo mama, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020